2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just wanted to let you guys know that if your waiver is past 6 months I highly recommend you to get your congress man/woman involved to get a quicker response....my husbands waiver took 10 months...until congress man got involved got answer in a week

What about the lawyer? Can your lawyer do anything?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes but for what I know the congress person has more chances of getting a quicker response than the lawyer.... my husbands waiver was received June 27 2014 and according to my lawyer it wasn't going to take more than 6 months, our lawyer would sent emails to them and nothing... we got the congress man involved in April and one week later his waiver was approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh ok awesome. I'll be in Washngton DC next week. I wasn't able to get any information out the embassy. One email from my lawyer, and they response quickly with everything we needed to know. But USCIS is prob different.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm July 6th and still haven't heard anything...I think with the holidays they are taking a little longer. Crossing my fingers for sometime the next few weeks though!

I'm July 6th and still haven't heard anything...I think with the holidays they are taking a little longer. Crossing my fingers for sometime the next few weeks though!

Im July 8 so please keep us updated if you hear anything back from them.

Is yours at the Nebraska service center?

Edited by liz11002

July 1, 2013---------------I-130 Petition received USCIS

January 1, 2014-----------I-130 Approved

March 7,2014--------------AOS processing fee paid

April 15, 2014---------------IV fee paid

September 16, 2014--------NVC receives documents for visa interview

December 1, 2014----------Receive checklist cover letter

January 22, 2015------------NVC receives missing information

March 18, 2015--------------All required documentation received by NVC for interview

March 26, 2015--------------NVC informs us of interview date scheduled

May 13, 2015-----------------Biometrics appointment at 1pm

May 14, 2015-----------------Physical Exam

May 15, 2015-----------------Interview date at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico----Visa denied because of overstay

July 8, 2015-------------------Wavier I-601 received by USCIS at Nebraska Service Center

****Waiting for a positive response**** :)

Timeline

I sent my I-601 wavier on July 8 2015 and I still havent heard anything yet

July 1, 2013---------------I-130 Petition received USCIS

January 1, 2014-----------I-130 Approved

March 7,2014--------------AOS processing fee paid

April 15, 2014---------------IV fee paid

September 16, 2014--------NVC receives documents for visa interview

December 1, 2014----------Receive checklist cover letter

January 22, 2015------------NVC receives missing information

March 18, 2015--------------All required documentation received by NVC for interview

March 26, 2015--------------NVC informs us of interview date scheduled

May 13, 2015-----------------Biometrics appointment at 1pm

May 14, 2015-----------------Physical Exam

May 15, 2015-----------------Interview date at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico----Visa denied because of overstay

July 8, 2015-------------------Wavier I-601 received by USCIS at Nebraska Service Center

****Waiting for a positive response**** :)

Timeline

Just wanted to let you guys know that if your waiver is past 6 months I highly recommend you to get your congress man/woman involved to get a quicker response....my husbands waiver took 10 months...until congress man got involved got answer in a week[/quote.

How do u contact congress?

Edited by Mirelli23

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can find them looking them up on the web by there name, in whatever state you live in. If you have a lawyer they could help you out contacting them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys i m approved today....just got email from uscis ...finally the wait is over......my filled date is june 18th it took 7 months but every case take their own processing times mine took longer than normal time.

Filed: Timeline

Im July 8 so please keep us updated if you hear anything back from them.

Is yours at the Nebraska service center?

Yes, mine was Nebraska, still haven't heard anything though.

6-16-2014: Sent I-129

6-26-2014: Received return receipt that it had arrived

6-30-2014: Received receipt form I-797C

Just an update here :)

I've got my second interview at the US Embassy in Buenos Aires after my I601 approval on January the 20th. Today the status of my VISA appears as: ISSUED.

So so so happy!

USCIS

NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (NBC)

06/20/2013: I-130 sent

06/25/2013: I-130 NOA1

12/27/2013: Case transferred to NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER (NSC)

03/26/2014: I-130 Approved

03/31/2014: Case shipped to NVC

NVC

04/11/2014: Case received by NVC

05/15/2014: NVC Case Number & Invoice ID Number assigned

05/18/2014: DS-261 completed and submitted online

05/25/2014: AOS fee paid

06/19/2014: AOS package sent

06/27/2014: IV fee paid

07/02/2014: IV package sent

07/07/2014: DS-260 completed and submitted online

09/03/2014: Case completed at NVC

10/06/2014: Medicals

10/20/2014: Interview at the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina

I601

04/09/2015: I601 package sent to Phoenix Lockbox.

04/14/2015: Receipt number received via email.

11/25/2015: Our Case was approved!!!

01/20/2016: 2nd Interview at the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina

01/22/2016: VISA STATUS at ceac.state.gov/ceac/: ISSUED

:yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.