2,664 posts in this topic

Hi, VJ friends :)

1. I hope all of you are doing well. This is my first time posting in this thread, and I am hoping someone can help me with a couple of questions.

2. My husband was just refused by the Niger embassy on grounds of inadmissibility due his prior overstay in the US. I am trying to complete the I-601 waiver and just need some help regarding some of the questions.

3. Under part 7 - Applicant's signature.

Will I have to send that page to my husband to sign or would I sign my name?

4. Immigration status - Would I indicate Unlawfully Presence?

5. Is the waiver fee (money or cashiers check) have to be mailed with the waiver application or can it be paid by other means. I was told it could not be paid by credit card, but am confused when it says to include the fee receipt.

If you can think of anything else that may be helpful, please advise.

Thanks and good luck to you all.

My husband was refused under misrepresentation from a previous petition.

I was lucky to be at the interview and since I was not sure who had to sign, I had him sign 3 copies of the signature page, and all additional letters just in case.

I'm hoping to gather everything and hopefully send the package in August.

Send it to ur husband, after he should post it. Email and he will print it out. Or he can download the forum himself sign and post it to you.

He is not in the USA, so why that answer

Money order or check address to them.

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

@kimet08 Most probably it's 3/26/2015 as it is shown in the letter. You are like a week after us, we're still waiting( 3/19/2015).....I just started to get depressed :cry: Do you have any updates in СЕАС website

@bubcka777, do not get depressed!

Looking at the previous messages it looks like ours should be in a few weeks (2-4 weeks), well at least I hope so )

No, I have no updates on a СЕАС website. I choose an "Immigrant visa" and in "Immigrant Visa Case Number" put my K1 visa Case number and it shows me "Refused" Case Creation Date: 13-Feb-2015 Status Updated Date: 01-Apr-2015

or when I choose "Non-immigrant visa" and put my visa Application ID it shows "No Status" Case Creation Date:28-Feb-2015.

Edited by kimet08

Timeline

I'm asking for СЕАС updates beсause ppl who got their approvals notiсed date сhanges in status date and when you see anything moving there that means aomeone is working on your саse...anyway...we don't have either updates...Btw to make things harder for me and mayve everyone sitting and waiting...I saw a file date May12th just got approved on 30th July, regular I601, no expedite, Mexiсo..Mexiсo filers seem to have the fastest line for deсisions and as long as we're European filers I feel so so dissapointed how unfair is this.

Edited by bubcka777

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi everyone

its my forst time in this chat, and i want to know if somebody here is as worried as im, due to the fact that the processing time chart seems to have and error, it jumped one year back from dicember 2014 to january 2014???

thanks.

I believe that is a typo. If you read some of the prior posts on this thread VJers are getting approval for waiver's sent in this year Feb/March. I read another thread also that stated it was a typo.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

the thing is that i called from peru, to a uscis phone number, and i guy answer from El Paso, he told me the office Nebraska realize they were 14 month behind, and that it was the the latest news he had, and thats why it jump like that.

Oh wow well that is really bad news. Especially since ours was just sent in yesterday.

Timeline

That's a typo....don't worry....representatives who you сall to speak with they'll tell you exaсtly what they see on sсreen as you also see, not very reliable. So сurrent proсеssing times is 4-6 months for regular 601 waiver.

Edited by bubcka777

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.