2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi.....im new to this...... my husband recieved a notice on july 1 2014 that nebraska service center recieved the i601 on June 27 2014 and we still have no answer...... my question is how long on the waiver approval????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you! We have a lawyer that put together the waiver for us, my husband participated too.

My tourist visa wasn't expired the day I was removed but I guess working under it is as bad.

Do you have the name of the groups on facebook? I tried to join one but they haven't accept mu request.

I was hoping to be back in the States to celebrate my baby girl's first year all together as a family in February :(

I don't think the reason for the waiver matters as much as the hardship of the USC . You need a strong waiver with many hardships for the USC with evidence to back it all up. Did you do the waivers yourself or did you hire an attorney?

My husband only overstayed his B2 visa. He entered the US legally. No other issues. I had many MANY reasons for hardship and we even got our case expedited due to financial hardship.

Plan on an April approval give or take a few weeks. Follow the waiver groups on Facebook to get an idea of what to expect after the approval. Lots of applicants are from Mexico and know the process very well. I check my CEAC status often too.

So here is a plot twist in our whole waiver story...... Our congressman's office sent the Nevada Service Center an email asking for confirmation on the waiver approval and if it had been sent to the Consulate (making sure our interview on the 14th will be good to go). This is what the NVC responded with....

"USCIS records indicate that a letter was sent to the consulate in Frankfurt regarding this case and we are currently waiting for a response from the consulate. Once we receive a response from the consulate, your constituent’s case will be processed.
We hope this information is helpful to you. If we may be of further assistance, please let us know.
Thank you"
Our waiver was hugely based on the fact that the Consulate made an error in denying my wife a visa. She required a visa due to Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude. She only had one conviction(but 2 instances) on her record from when she was 16 years old (crime was committed at age 15 but she was sentenced at 16). Her sentence was community service and probation. She was age 30 when we applied for a visa, so technically 15 years had passed since the crime, no other crimes had been committed(not even a traffic violation), and there was only one conviction. They still denied her visa. This is just speculation but I am thinking that the USCIS got our waiver and said "hey wait a minute US Consulate, you majorly messed up in denying this woman so you better bring her in for another interview and give her the visa". That would make sense because according to the USCIS records the waiver was not technically approved but they are pushing the Consulate to continue the process. The Consulate has even told us that due to our time restrictions, they will allow us to pick up the visa after 24 hours IF the interview goes well. That to me says "Hey guys, we effed up and are trying reeeeally hard to accommodate you". Any thoughts on this from you all?

They have to address the waiver since you filed it and they accepted it. So, it can't just be left hanging. And as far as the interview goes, that is the process. When we were given the paper to file the waiver at our interview, they told us when the waiver is approved, we will have to return to "continue" the interview. They can either collect your papers and issue the visa or be jerks and conduct a continuation of your initial interview. The unknown is terrible ! I think they just tell you worst case scenario just to cover their rear ends. They can't come right out and say you'll get your visa on January 14th. They might come across an issue . Not that it is likely... but you know what I mean

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Thank you! We have a lawyer that put together the waiver for us, my husband participated too.

My tourist visa wasn't expired the day I was removed but I guess working under it is as bad.

Do you have the name of the groups on facebook? I tried to join one but they haven't accept mu request.

I was hoping to be back in the States to celebrate my baby girl's first year all together as a family in February :(

type in I601 waiver in the search bar. I got banned from one because they are stuck up snobs and don't like the truth LOL But my waiver was approved so I haven't lost any sleep over being banned. This one is good and they are very supportive. Lets get together, lets go back home I-601 Waiver

If you asked to be added, sometimes they take a minute to approve.

I filed my waiver August 22. Our file was expedited and he is still not here. Most likely next week if the embassy calls today. Even with the expedite, which wasn't really an expedite if you ask me, it took about 3.5 months. You filed in November 2014? I would say MAYBE you can expect an approval around May, then allow another 2 months +/- for the embassy to receive the approval and get the instruction letter to you and for you to redo the medicals and police certificate and whatever else they want to ask for. Shoot for summer and maybe you'll be surprised if they get it done faster. It is a long drawn out process. Very disappointing and painful .

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Hi.....im new to this...... my husband recieved a notice on july 1 2014 that nebraska service center recieved the i601 on June 27 2014 and we still have no answer...... my question is how long on the waiver approval????

If I were you, I would contact the senator's office and make an inquiry since you are past the normal processing time. Call them today, you can fill out the release form and scan it back through email. They will make an inquiry through email and get back to you.

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If I were you, I would contact the senator's office and make an inquiry since you are past the normal processing time. Call them today, you can fill out the release form and scan it back through email. They will make an inquiry through email and get back to you.

How do i contact the senator.......does it matter even though im a LPR???

Hoping my husband's visa will be issued tomorrow. This weekend took forever. I just want it be Monday. Ughhh

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hoping my husband's visa will be issued tomorrow. This weekend took forever. I just want it be Monday. Ughhh

Good luck! Sending positive vibes your way. Our final interview is on Wednesday. I am hoping this whole nightmare will be over soon (I am sure you are too!)

CEAC says "ISSUED" Thank God this day has finally come. I was stalking the CEAC all day. I went to make a salad and came back at 5pm and I checked... there is was... I had just checked 10 minutes before and every five minutes all day long.... LOL Now he can go pick up his package and we can get on with our lives together.. FINALLY !!!

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! I can't wait to finally be with my hubby and baby girl.

I've been following the facebook groups and there have been several approvals that took less than 4 months, I601 regular !!

[qupote name=LoveMyTico" post="7424188" timestamp="1421101729]

CEAC says "ISSUED" Thank God this day has finally come. I was stalking the CEAC all day. I went to make a salad and came back at 5pm and I checked... there is was... I had just checked 10 minutes before and every five minutes all day long.... LOL Now he can go pick up his package and we can get on with our lives together.. FINALLY !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I called USICS today and they said they are processing July 2nd 2014 and i am a June filler no answer yet... They put in a service request and said you will get an update in 15 to 30 days and if i don't hear from them before Feb 13th then call back

Is this normal process

I called USICS today and they said they are processing July 2nd 2014 and i am a June filler no answer yet... They put in a service request and said you will get an update in 15 to 30 days and if i don't hear from them before Feb 13th then call back

Is this normal process

I'm sorry Sunnyft. There is no method to the madness. Have you checked your case to see if there has been any updates on the uscis website? You have to create a username and password in order to see if someone has been looking at your case.

If you don't hear anything by February you should schedule an info pass. Since it is past processing time you should also contact your Congressman's Office.

I get the trophy for being a DUMBA$$ today. I paid my husband's Immigrant Visa Fee today but I used the A number that was on his K3 approval letter. I created the account last week... ( a little ahead of myself... I know) So my husband gave me the new A number today after picking up his visa... NOW, I have to contact tier 2 at USCIS to correct the A number. Apparently they are the only officers able to make the change... So when I asked to be transferred, they weren't able to forward my call due to High Calling Volumes, so they told me to call back tomorrow at 8am. I am having the biggest anxiety attack. I'm a stupid idiot... Who would have thought they would assign a NEW A-number..?????? UGHHHH

Anyway, my husband is flying this Sunday. POE will be Newark . The ticket prices went up $500 from the early morning until 3 pm. The airlines are such a big joke.

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm sorry Sunnyft. There is no method to the madness. Have you checked your case to see if there has been any updates on the uscis website? You have to create a username and password in order to see if someone has been looking at your case.

If you don't hear anything by February you should schedule an info pass. Since it is past processing time you should also contact your Congressman's Office.

Thanks a lot i will do that hopefully i will get an answer in 15 to 30 days

I get the trophy for being a DUMBA$$ today. I paid my husband's Immigrant Visa Fee today but I used the A number that was on his K3 approval letter. I created the account last week... ( a little ahead of myself... I know) So my husband gave me the new A number today after picking up his visa... NOW, I have to contact tier 2 at USCIS to correct the A number. Apparently they are the only officers able to make the change... So when I asked to be transferred, they weren't able to forward my call due to High Calling Volumes, so they told me to call back tomorrow at 8am. I am having the biggest anxiety attack. I'm a stupid idiot... Who would have thought they would assign a NEW A-number..?????? UGHHHH

Anyway, my husband is flying this Sunday. POE will be Newark . The ticket prices went up $500 from the early morning until 3 pm. The airlines are such a big joke.

But, being a Dumba$$ with a husband coming this Sunday is the best part. :dancing::goofy:

Hopefully you will get the problem fixed soon.

Airlines are such a huge joke. My husband is from Sri Lanka. We can look forward to a $2000 ticket for him to come to the U.S. I am getting angry with the embassy. We had a 01/06 approval but the embassy is stating they didn't receive any notification about the approval. I am ready to get this ball rolling.

Have fun this Sunday and congratulations!!

Thanks a lot i will do that hopefully i will get an answer in 15 to 30 days

I have my fingers crossed for you. You can get the answer sooner with a Congressman liason or a Senator's liason.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.