2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Case Was Approved

On October 7, 2015, we approved your Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility

:dance: :dance: :dance: received date 03-18-15. Good luck to all!

:joy::joy::joy:

Congrats!!!!

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone!

If the case is under investigation (threw Washington),how long does it usually take.Does anyone has experience?

File date 10/30/2014.....still waiting(((

Congrats!!!!

Congratulations !!!

If the case is under investigation (threw Washington),how long does it usually take.Does anyone has experience?

File date 10/30/2014.....still waiting(((

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone know what we can do in this situation???.... so my husband went to pick up his visa at a dhl office and the packet that is supposed to be sealed was open so he was on his way here and at the border an officer took away the packet told him he had to go back to Juarez and he explained to the officer that he didnt open it...we dont know what to do... anyone???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just found out a few days ago through text message and e-mail that the USCIS attempted to send us something regarding our 212 and 601 waivers but it was returned to them from the post office on October 2 because the person who processed our application at the NSC put my fiancée's address in Mexico as the primary mailing address instead of my address here in the states :oops::angry: . I called the NSC and was told that the only address they had was a foreign address and they cannot send notices to foreign addresses....... Duh!!!!!!! Unfortunately the person who did the initial review of our applications had a brain fart and put down the first address listed which was the my foreign fiancée's address. They did not take the time to look for my address in the application even though it was there. <_< . The immigration officer that I spoke to told me in order to correct this problem that I would have to send them a letter through snail mail requesting that the change the address to my California address. I mailed out a letter a few days ago. Hopefully it was received.

I contacted our lawyer and she told me that this is the 6th incident that she knows of recently that this has happened where the incorrect info was entered into the computer at USCIS and the applicants did not receive their notice. Very frustrating!!!!!! She said that it is probably a decision notice that they tried to send us. If it is then there is a complete system breakdown because I had registered both my e-mail and cell number to receive updates right after I got confirmation that the waiver packet had been received and case numbers were issued. Obviously that worked because they sent me both a text and e-mail me to tell me that notices for both the 212 and 601 had been returned. If they could e-mail me that information that then why couldn't they just e-mail me the damn notice. Anyway, the lawyer said she would call them and also send a letter to the USCIS as a back-up. If a decision was made, hopefully an approval, that is great news because our 212 and 601 file was received on June 25, 2015.

Our lawyer told me as soon as our address info is updated, I should get the notices shortly after. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

November 16 will be the 2 year anniversary since we first met online. Hopefully we will be together permanently soon.

I-129F K-1 Fiance Visa Process, I-212/601 Waivers

November 2013 - Met online: Match.com
December 6 - 8, 2013 - Met in person for the first time in Mexico.
February 2014 - Filed for K1/K2 Visa
April 2014 - K1 Visa Approved
March 19, 2015 - Attended interview in Juarez. fiancée denied. Allowed to file for I-212 and 601 waivers
June 25, 2015 - 212 and 601 Waivers received at Phoenix lockbox and forwarded to Nebraska Service Center.
December 21, 2015 - Waivers Approved
December 28, 2015 - Instruction letter received. Request for passports and new medical.
February 1-3, 2016 - Trip to Juarez for new medical and submit passports to consulate.
February 5, 2016 - Medical documents and passports received at consulate.

February 12, 2016 - Passports with K1 Visa picked up from DHL in Tijuana.
February 22, 2016 - Entry into California through Otay Mesa POE without daughter who decided to stay in MX.
April 30, 2016 - Married!!!!

AOS, EAD, AP Process

June 1, 2016 - Mailed adjustment of status packet.
June 15, 2016 - NOA1 Received I-485, I-131, I-765
July 8, 2016 - Biometrics Appointment
July 25, 2016 I-485, I-131, I-765 Cases appeared on USCIS Website.

August 29, 2016 - EAD/AP Card received via USPS Priority Mail.

November 21, 2016 - Received text that Interview has been Scheduled for 12/21/16

December 21, 2016 - Interview in San Francisco

December 29, 2016 - AOS Approved, 

I-751 ROC -Process

December 6, 2018 - I-751 Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

January 28, 2018 - File receipt and extension letter received.

August, 2020 file transferred to be adjudicated with N-400

July 6,2021 Combo Interview Scheduled in San Francisco

August 3, 2021 ROC/ Naturalization Interview

August 6, 2021 ROC Approved

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 14, 2020 - N-400 filed

July 6, 2021 Received Notice of Combo Interview Scheduled in San Francisco, CA

August 3, 2021 Combination ROC/Naturalization Interview

August 6, 2021 Naturalization Approved

August 24, 2021 Oath Ceremony and Naturalization Certificate Issued

Timeline

Just found out a few days ago through text message and e-mail that the USCIS attempted to send us something regarding our 212 and 601 waivers but it was returned to them from the post office on October 2 because the person who processed our application at the NSC put my fiancée's address in Mexico as the primary mailing address instead of my address here in the states :oops::angry: . I called the NSC and was told that the only address they had was a foreign address and they cannot send notices to foreign addresses....... Duh!!!!!!! Unfortunately the person who did the initial review of our applications had a brain fart and put down the first address listed which was the my foreign fiancée's address. They did not take the time to look for my address in the application even though it was there. <_< . The immigration officer that I spoke to told me in order to correct this problem that I would have to send them a letter through snail mail requesting that the change the address to my California address. I mailed out a letter a few days ago. Hopefully it was received.

I contacted our lawyer and she told me that this is the 6th incident that she knows of recently that this has happened where the incorrect info was entered into the computer at USCIS and the applicants did not receive their notice. Very frustrating!!!!!! She said that it is probably a decision notice that they tried to send us. If it is then there is a complete system breakdown because I had registered both my e-mail and cell number to receive updates right after I got confirmation that the waiver packet had been received and case numbers were issued. Obviously that worked because they sent me both a text and e-mail me to tell me that notices for both the 212 and 601 had been returned. If they could e-mail me that information that then why couldn't they just e-mail me the damn notice. Anyway, the lawyer said she would call them and also send a letter to the USCIS as a back-up. If a decision was made, hopefully an approval, that is great news because our 212 and 601 file was received on June 25, 2015.

Our lawyer told me as soon as our address info is updated, I should get the notices shortly after. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

November 16 will be the 2 year anniversary since we first met online. Hopefully we will be together permanently soon.

Timeline

For one CONGRADULATION! My husband filled 212/i601 on June 25,2015 Mexico so is nice to see that he has a chance to come home, but wondering if he will go through the same scenerio . Please keep us posted of what is going on .

Filed: Other Timeline

My 601A application got accepted by USCIS on Aug 25 2015. Went to Norfolk,VA USCIS office and done my bio-metric on 22nd Sep 2015. Has anyone who done their bio-metric around September/Aug 2015 received 601a waiver decision? How long i need to wait, approximately, to receive any decision on my 601a waiver application after my bio-metric? Thanks for any information regarding this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, maybe someone can help me please

I'm live in USA 14 years and I'm illegal, my mom have Green card.

If I can applay for I601A ???

This is an update thread for those who have already filed waivers.

It would be best if you start a new topic with your question so you can get more responses. Look for the "start new topic" option.

Edited by LionessDeon

Does anyone know what we can do in this situation???.... so my husband went to pick up his visa at a dhl office and the packet that is supposed to be sealed was open so he was on his way here and at the border an officer took away the packet told him he had to go back to Juarez and he explained to the officer that he didnt open it...we dont know what to do... anyone???

Hmm, that's a though one.

There's a Facebook group called 601-A Provicional Unlawful Presence Waiver, it has over 4,000 members.

I recommend you join that group and post your question there. Even though the group is for 601a waivers, there's a lot of users there with regular 601 waivers and someone is bound to answer your question. They're very helpful.

The group is in spanish and english.

Good luck.

Fr3edom21.

N-400 Citizenship filling for my wife:

10-21-18 N-400 Electronic filing.

10-29-18 Received biometrics notification.

11-26-18 Biometrics taken.

07-12-19 Interview letter received.

08-20-19 Interview passed!

08-30-19 N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oat Ceremony received.

09-24-19 Attended Naturalization Oat Ceremony, My wife is now an U.S. Citizen!

I-130 Wife filing for her parents.

09-25-19 I-130 for both her parents sent to Phoenix Lock Box.

10--04-10 NOA1 Received from Texas Service Center, priority date: 09-27-19

04-13-20 NOA2 received from USCIS for her mom. 04-14-20 NVC Welcome email received for her mom.

06-08-20 NOA2 received from USCIS for her father. 06-09-20 NVC email received for her father.

08/2020 Case completed at NVC, now just waiting for their interviews in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
07/2021 Received appointment to attend interview in Ciudad Juarez.
08/23/2021 First interview to basically drop off all the civil documents as requested, they waited about 3 hours.
08/24/2021 Second interview - This is the real interview with a State Dept Agent.  They waited for about 3 hours again before called in. Interview lasted about 5 minute.  -- approved!
10/09/2021 POE: California - Welcome to the USA.

10/09/2021 Paid for Green Card.

12/12/2021 Still waiting for GC's & SS#

Hi, maybe someone can help me please

I'm live in USA 14 years and I'm illegal, my mom have Green card.

If I can applay for I601A ???

There's a Facebook group called 601-A Provicional Unlawful Presence Waiver, it has over 4,000 members.

I recommend you join that group and post your question there.

Good luck.

Fr3edom21.

N-400 Citizenship filling for my wife:

10-21-18 N-400 Electronic filing.

10-29-18 Received biometrics notification.

11-26-18 Biometrics taken.

07-12-19 Interview letter received.

08-20-19 Interview passed!

08-30-19 N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oat Ceremony received.

09-24-19 Attended Naturalization Oat Ceremony, My wife is now an U.S. Citizen!

I-130 Wife filing for her parents.

09-25-19 I-130 for both her parents sent to Phoenix Lock Box.

10--04-10 NOA1 Received from Texas Service Center, priority date: 09-27-19

04-13-20 NOA2 received from USCIS for her mom. 04-14-20 NVC Welcome email received for her mom.

06-08-20 NOA2 received from USCIS for her father. 06-09-20 NVC email received for her father.

08/2020 Case completed at NVC, now just waiting for their interviews in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
07/2021 Received appointment to attend interview in Ciudad Juarez.
08/23/2021 First interview to basically drop off all the civil documents as requested, they waited about 3 hours.
08/24/2021 Second interview - This is the real interview with a State Dept Agent.  They waited for about 3 hours again before called in. Interview lasted about 5 minute.  -- approved!
10/09/2021 POE: California - Welcome to the USA.

10/09/2021 Paid for Green Card.

12/12/2021 Still waiting for GC's & SS#

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.