2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dear friends!

Could you please help us?

We are going to write to our congressman to get him involved in our case.

How would you start the letter to him? Should we go into details or just shortly describe the situation?

Maybe some of you who already had asked for congressman’s help can help us with a sample of your letter. You can use privet messenger. That will help a lot!

I haven't done this but if or when I have to I will just give names of petitioner and beneficiary, case #, type of visa applied for and reason waiver was needed, all relevant dates, and a very short explanation of the problem. I tend to be a short and sweet type when it comes to emails. Ask for their help, include your contact info. They should send you a consent to obtain info in your behalf and take it from there. Some Congressmen are more efficient at this than others. I don't think it would be necessary to get an attorney to help with just a simple meail or letter. Best of Luck!

Anyone know how long after approved visa to get passport with visa in hands??

Have you tried checking the ceac website to see if it was issued? Or the ustraveldocs site where you can track his passport?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone, today (9/21/2015) I finally received the letter in the mail from the Consulate in Montreal. I got the request to send my passport, a new medical, and a new Canadian Police Certificate. There was an update on the CEAC website from the 9th of September, 2015, although it still shows as refused, as it turns out that's the date on the letter. So far this is my timeline:

-Interview on February 18, 2015 - Denied and instructed to file waiver

-Waiver was sent March 9, 2015 and was received on March 12

-Waiver was approved September 3, 2015

-Received Letter with instructions on September 21, 2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations! It seems everyone filed their waivers quickly. It took me almost 7 months to compile the waiver and supporting documents with my attorney. I really hope all that time pays off. So if Mid March is approved on September 3rd. Then most likely early May could be approved by end of October? Most likely my husband will need a new police certificate and redo the medical exam. Any other documents required? Will he need to go through a second interview? Or is it just submitting the documents?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! It seems everyone filed their waivers quickly. It took me almost 7 months to compile the waiver and supporting documents with my attorney. I really hope all that time pays off. So if Mid March is approved on September 3rd. Then most likely early May could be approved by end of October? Most likely my husband will need a new police certificate and redo the medical exam. Any other documents required? Will he need to go through a second interview? Or is it just submitting the documents?

Thank you @Iman&Haitham, we tried to file as soon as possible, so we gathered as much evidence as possible in as short time as we could. It seems the average for approval is 4-6 months. In my case I only need to send updated documents. They informed me at the time of the interview that I would only have to attend another interview if I didn't get the waiver approved within a year from the interview. So if you get the approval a year after he was denied then more than likely he will need to attend a second interview. Good Luck and I'm sure everything will work out, this process is extremely stressful and long.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you @Iman&Haitham, we tried to file as soon as possible, so we gathered as much evidence as possible in as short time as we could. It seems the average for approval is 4-6 months. In my case I only need to send updated documents. They informed me at the time of the interview that I would only have to attend another interview if I didn't get the waiver approved within a year from the interview. So if you get the approval a year after he was denied then more than likely he will need to attend a second interview. Good Luck and I'm sure everything will work out, this process is extremely stressful and long.

Thank you for sharing that information. My fiance and I were just discussing whether or not he will have to have another interview if the waiver is approved. I doubt we will hear anything before December, so I guess that means another interview for him. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you. I too doubt he will get the approval before October 8th. That was the interview date last year. This is a stressful process. Let's hope for the best and pray for a miracle. Good to everyone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'd like to inform you all that I got my I-601 and my I-212 approved today. I still can't believe it. :joy:

-embassy interview: September 23, 2014

-Waiver sent: February 27, 2015

-received at NSC: March 4, 2015

-waiver approved: September 22, 2015

I will most likely have to do another interview at the embassy but at this point I don't care. The hardest part is over and I'm so unbelievably happy. I wish you all who are waiting a lot of luck and patience.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'd like to inform you all that I got my I-601 and my I-212 approved today. I still can't believe it. :joy:

-embassy interview: September 23, 2014

-Waiver sent: February 27, 2015

-received at NSC: March 4, 2015

-waiver approved: September 22, 2015

I will most likely have to do another interview at the embassy but at this point I don't care. The hardest part is over and I'm so unbelievably happy. I wish you all who are waiting a lot of luck and patience.

Congrats!! Both were approved the same day??

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.