2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Look carefully. Although they were posted today, the "as of" date is June 30th. So, four months prior to June 30th is February 30th. It's not 4 months from the date that it was posted.

Scratch that... brain fart on my part. I see what you're saying. It's certainly disheartening.

Edited by HerCookie

Timeline

Being a March filer, our case is now (according to that new date) one and a half months out of the expected processing time. So, I try to submit a case inquiry for it being outside of normal processing times....

... and the website refuses to let me submit it because it claims my application is within the normal processing times.

I swear, the longer my fiancée and I go through the process, the more I realize that this entire system (and the department that runs it) are hopelessly broken and pretty useless. We are both WAY beyond frustrated.

I'm giving this until tomorrow to start working, else I'm just getting my senator involved. This is pathetic.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Being a March filer, our case is now (according to that new date) one and a half months out of the expected processing time. So, I try to submit a case inquiry for it being outside of normal processing times....

... and the website refuses to let me submit it because it claims my application is within the normal processing times.

I swear, the longer my fiancée and I go through the process, the more I realize that this entire system (and the department that runs it) are hopelessly broken and pretty useless. We are both WAY beyond frustrated.

I'm giving this until tomorrow to start working, else I'm just getting my senator involved. This is pathetic.

Yes, we have the same feeling HerCookie, when was your receipt date? I actually called USCIS this afternoon after the dates were updated. The lady that answered my call told me that the last case that was decided at the time I called was from March 2, so I'm not sure how they calculate processing times, she was a bit more helpful than the others I have spoken to before. We have decided to contact a senator from New Mexico this week as well, we began drafting our letter yesterday.

This is definitely beyond frustrating. Our case was received on March 12, so we hit the 5 month mark a week ago. Good Luck and I hope you hear something soon.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Just some info for you guys about my case and how it was handled..

My wife's first appointment was sept 3 2014 she was denied for over stay 10 year ban

We sent in i601 ant they received it oct 17 2014

She was approved feb 23 2015 he the 601

On March 3 and 10 2015 she was scheduled for second interview at embassy both were cancelled we didn't hear back from embassy (Honduras) for final interview until I called our congress women and got us our final interview for April 29/2015 she went to interview and was told to wait because of a mutual friend that was deported for drugs they wanted to find if there was any association with us. Our police report and physical had expired so I had her redo both. On May 19 2015 they asked her to send in her passport along with new police report and physical. We sent them in on May 20 2015 we didn't hear back from the embassy until July 22 they started working on her case again. On 23 she was approved. 24 they mailed her visa packet she received it on July 25. She flew back on the July 26 after 11.5 months gone with our younger son... They really never contacted us I just checked updates on the ceac site religiously very frustrating had our lawyer and congress women email them since they would get a response next day I personally never received answers from them at all..

Timeline

My fiancée and I called the USCIS customer support people this morning (three-way call, everyone on the line). We wanted to place a case inquiry with them, but all we got were excuses. In a nutshell, it went down like this:

• We explained that our case was received on March 5th, but that nothing has happened since then.
  • We explained that the case seems that it is out of normal processing time since their processing times say 4 months.
  • The representative said "your case is within the normal processing times."
  • We asked why, then, did the processing times on their website differ from her claim.
  • The representative said, "those are just average times. Yours is within normal processing times", although she wouldn't tell us what those "normal processing times" are.
  • We said we'd like to create a case inquiry because we think that something is out of the ordinary with our case.
  • The representative said, in a very condescending voice, "you have to place case inquiries on the website. You know how to use the Internet, don't you?"
  • We told her that we have already tried that and the website is still behaving as if it is within time, which it clearly is not.
  • The representative said, again condescendingly, "do you know how to use the website?"
  • We told her yes, and that it won't let us submit the case inquiry.
  • She then said, "wait a few weeks and try again."

Shortly after that, her phone call was disconnected, leaving only myself and my fiancée on the line. I can't say she hung up on us... but it sure seems that way.

We're going to try again later today... hopefully we will reach someone who will actually be helpful.

In the meantime, we've gotten the privacy release forms for both of us and a letter prepared for my senator. This has gone beyond any reasonable amount of time and the non-professionalism of their customer service is completely unacceptable.

Edited by HerCookie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.