AllieLovesJake

Does the I-129F Have to be filed at the Dallas location?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi, most of the instructions for the I-129F Say to file it in texas, but the wait time is around 8 months. I discovered that the California service center has a wait time of only 5 months. ( http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=49716 ) Can I file it there instead? or must it go to the Dallas?

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I just went through the same thing. In fact, I had already sent our I-129F to Texas and then read about the wait time there and so I managed to stop the delivery. While I waited for it to be sent back to me, I discovered it has to be sent to the Texas lockbox because they process the fee and then decide to transfer it or not. So, a week and a half after I had originally sent it to Texas, I had to send it right back to the same address. Luckily, I received notice from them today that they transferred our petition to California! So happy! Best of luck!

Edited by bandi77

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I just went through the same thing. In fact, I had already sent our I-129F to Texas and then read about the wait time there and so I managed to stop the delivery. While I waited for it to be sent back to me, I discovered it has to be sent to the Texas lockbox because they process the fee and then decide to transfer it or not. So, a week and a half after I had originally sent it to Texas, I had to send it right back to the same address. Luckily, I received notice from them today that they transferred our petition to California! So happy! Best of luck!

Your petition wasn't transferred. It was routed to CSC from the lock box as it should have been due to the fact you live in Washington.

When you get a chance, would you please correct your timeline to reflect the CSC and answer NO to Transferred? The timelines get screwed up by data that isn't accurate. Thanks in advance and good luck.

P.S. CSC is starting to slow down and TSC is picking up momentum...the switch in processing times is common over the years.

Edited by Texasav8r

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Nope. You send it to Dallas and they will route the petition to the appropriate service center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Your petition wasn't transferred. It was routed to CSC from the lock box as it should have been due to the fact you live in Washington.

When you get a chance, would you please correct your timeline to reflect the CSC and answer NO to Transferred? The timelines get screwed up by data that isn't accurate. Thanks in advance and good luck.

P.S. CSC is starting to slow down and TSC is picking up momentum...the switch in processing times is common over the years.

Hi there. This is not necessarily accurate. I live in Connecticut, but rather than being assigned to Vermont Service Center, we were originally assigned to the Texas Service Center. Yesterday, I received a notice that our application had been transferred to the California Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi there. This is not necessarily accurate. I live in Connecticut, but rather than being assigned to Vermont Service Center, we were originally assigned to the Texas Service Center. Yesterday, I received a notice that our application had been transferred to the California Service Center.

It is accurate. You are using the word "transferred" correctly. The OP is using it different to mean something else, which is incorrect. That's why Texasav8r asked them to update it with the correct information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It is accurate. You are using the word "transferred" correctly. The OP is using it different to mean something else, which is incorrect. That's why Texasav8r asked them to update it with the correct informatio

Gotcha-- I must have missed something. It didn't seem clear from the post to me whether they were referring to an actual transfer from the TSC or simply having their application routed to the CSC from the Texas lockbox. My basic point was that it is possible to be initially assigned and/or transferred to a Service Center that is not connected to your geographic location.

Texas, California, Vermont... wishing us all speedy processing! And congrats on your engagements. :)

Edited by starrzy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Vermont no longer processes I-129F.

No matter what - the original location your petition is sent to will be based on your state. Prior to these past two weeks, NO ONE was transferred to a service center that did not have jurisdiction over their state. However, USCIS has decided to transfer some petitions (April, May 2014) from TSC to CSC for faster processing. So far these are the only dates which have shown up as actual transfers. Many people get confused by the fact there is a Texas service center and a Dallas, Texas lockbox.

Dallas, TX lockbox - they will route your petition to CSC or TSC depending on the state you live.

It either sits at this service center until it is adjudicated, or if USCIS decided to workload balance.

Edited by MeganLuke

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi, most of the instructions for the I-129F Say to file it in texas, but the wait time is around 8 months. I discovered that the California service center has a wait time of only 5 months. ( http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=49716 ) Can I file it there instead? or must it go to the Dallas?

Thank you

Welcome to the forum.

Not an option available to you. ALL I-129f petitions are sent to the Lewisville, TX lockbox facility for initial processing.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You send the I-129F to a Texas Lockbox. Where it goes from there...is the determination of the USCIS...as some here have said. You do not have a choice where your petition is going to be processed.

For the time being, various service centers have experienced backlogs...that does not mean that that is how it's going to go for your petition. You're expecting to have your petition processed quickly. Just sit back and WAIT! You've got at the very least - 2 - 3 months - up to 5 months. None of the Service Centers are beyond 6 months for processing your application. Then, your petition goes to NVC to get assigned a case number and then it will be forwarded to Manila. Well, at the moment, NVC is backed up - it's taking up to 60 days to get a case number. Then, when your petition is sent to Manila, your fiance will have her hands full getting all of the docs that she needs in the format that the Embassy requires. For the most part...none of that can be done before a case number is assigned.

So...cool your jets...simply accept that you're anywhere from 6 months to 9 months away from being together...that is if everything goes ok...no RFE's and no 221(g)s or other issues...like Obama trying legalize 11 million undocumented immigrants...which will impact USCIS and NVC! So...join the club...hate the wait but it is what it is...

Edited by Ed and Gina

Timeline

Actually what I stated is entirely accurate. You are proceesed at one of two centers (TSC or CSC) based on your geographic location. A transfer occurs after initial processing has begun at a particular center (NOA1 received from that center as well as a file number specific to that center...SRC=TSC, WAC=CSC) and then the petition is "transferred" to another center. He incorrectly fiilled out his timeline (as many do) stating he was transferred from the TSC when in fact he was simply routed after mailing to the Texas lock box. This is an unbelievably common mistake made on VJ and the only reason it is pointed out to folks is because it negatively impacts estimated adjudication timelines for TSC filers. This may change over time though.

Your case is as it should be. CT is processed at TSC and then later transferred, for faster processing, to CSC in your case.

I attached a map I created a few months ago for reference.

post-179327-0-91859200-1408325237_thumb.jpg

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

event.png

Timeline

You send the I-129F to a Texas Lockbox. Where it goes from there...is the determination of the USCIS...as some here have said. You do not have a choice where your petition is going to be processed.

For the time being, various service centers have experienced backlogs...that does not mean that that is how it's going to go for your petition. You're expecting to have your petition processed quickly. Just sit back and WAIT! You've got at the very least - 2 - 3 months - up to 5 months. None of the Service Centers are beyond 6 months for processing your application. Then, your petition goes to NVC to get assigned a case number and then it will be forwarded to Manila. Well, at the moment, NVC is backed up - it's taking up to 60 days to get a case number. Then, when your petition is sent to Manila, your fiance will have her hands full getting all of the docs that she needs in the format that the Embassy requires. For the most part...none of that can be done before a case number is assigned.

So...cool your jets...simply accept that you're anywhere from 6 months to 9 months away from being together...that is if everything goes ok...no RFE's and no 221(g)s or other issues...like Obama trying legalize 11 million undocumented immigrants...which will impact USCIS and NVC! So...join the club...hate the wait but it is what it is...

Although I agree with everything you said, I feel I should point out that TSC is technically beyond 6 months. They post their current processing date as 12/31/2013 so that is well beyond 6 months. Many of the recent January and early February filers approvals were more than 180 days and I am rapidly approaching that myself. Granted, they seem to be picking up speed with several 150 - 160 day approvals so that is indeed good news for many.

P.S. I haven't heard "Cool your jets" in ages...got a laugh out of that...thanks :)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.