27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It would help all members so much if posters would ""PLEASE FILL IN YOUR TIMELINE".,.,IT would really help.,.,.,it should be a requirement, ""IF"" you have a timeline to post it before being allowed to post questions.

I know your pain, me and my wife was 10 months 4 days, ""FOR A K-1 VISA".,.,., I feel your pain!

No. 1 suggestion, only check the computer once a week, as "you" are just torturing youself.,.,,.what could possibly be here to up-date you at the 3 and 1/2 month mark?

Cannot say anything, I wass on here every day..,.,.just looking for encourgement.,.,.,I feel your pain.

I was able to visit my wife to be several times, in Cebu, Philippines,.so it was better, but each time I left, I thought I was going to leave my heart in "Cebu".,.,..,literally.

Good luck for a speedy approval,.,.,.,just TRY to keep the computer "thing" down..,,.you will get used to it.,,,.and actually look forward to it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have been waiting for almost 12months. Next week is our wedding anniversary and we ain't even going to spend it together. This long immigration process is really frustrating and killing. We do talk on the phone everyday and we talk on Skype also and lots of emails and facebook chat.

Just hang in there and try to keep yourself busy, you can also plan to visit each other or meet in a third country. Very soon all this long immigration process will soon be over and we all will be with our loved ones.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup...that's why it's called Visa Journey....it's a long haul to get from here to there. And the "fun" hasn't begun for you, yet! Buckle up and hang on for the ride...it's a pain in the **s - to say the least! As others have said, you have to remain vigilant and try to remain focused. Been through what you're going through...it's frustrating.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We thought we could not do this either, the last time we was together in person was September 22nd 2013, and now it's August. Her interview is on September 10th and when she passes her interview and has her visa in hand, I am not waiting another moment to purchase her ticket.

You can do this, we never thought we could spend a second without being together, but here we are a year later and we did it. In the beginning my fiancee cried every single time we skyped. We Skype every day for 5 hours in her morning, my night and 5 hours my morning, her night. We laugh, talk about everything and anything. And when we are not skyping, when we are asleep, we text each other everything we did or are doing for the day. I mean everything, when we are eating lunch, what we are watching on tv, when we go to the bathroom lol!!! I know some people might say that's too much; but it works for us, that's how we got through the whole year being a part from each other.

The time seems like it's moving a second every two weeks, it's hard but you will make it. Trust me. Just love each other and pick each other up when either of you are feeling down. You are still husband and wife so you still have to work on your marriage, living together or living apart. It's a process a very long and most of the time a difficult process. It's upto you two to make it a very pleasant and memorable journey.

You can do it!! Take each day one day at a time.

Good luck to you on the rest of your journey!!!

I am the petitioner

I- 129f packet sent Jan 11 2014

Noa 1 Jan 15 2014

Alien registration number changed Jan 16 2014

NOA 2 June 16 2014 email and text

USCIS shipped petition to NVC June 19 2014 (Website update)

NOA 2 June 20 2014 Hard Copy Received

NVC case number received (via phone) July 1 2014

NVC forward petition to the embassy July 3 2014

consulate received petition July 8 2014

consulate received hard copy of petition(CEAC website update) July 15 2014

passed medical (took one day fiancee got there at 4:00am finished at 4:30pm) July 22 2014

CFO completed certificate issued (fiancee said people were very nice process very easy) July 30th 2014!!

Interview date scheduled for September 10th 2014!!

Interview approved!!!

Visa issued!! CEAC website September 16 2014!!

Visa received on September 18 2014 yeah!!!

POE September 21 2014!!! Yeeees!!! What a journey!!!!

Wedding day!! October 16 2014!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I can understand how you feel. I have not seen my husband since last July. Our baby boy was born feb of this year and we were both sad he could not be here to see his first child born. This process is long, emotional and cruel. If you don't believe in God you better find a pretty good substitute because faith is what you need to get through this process. In the beginning I used to cry a lot but with the birth of my baby boy I have to stay strong. I talk to my husband everyday. We talk about other things like politics, crack jokes, share youtube videos, articles, listen to music together on FB. Our case is at the end of the process at NVC so we are trying to hang in there. The best way to deal with separation is to stay busy and find a support system.

Edited by Monalisa22

In 10 months time when you're with your husband you'll be crying over missing the people back in your home country. Trust me, once you have left home you will suddenly realise just how much family and friends mean to you.

Instead of being miserable about being apart, go visit your friends and family. Take a camera, a notebook, something to record video snaps of your everyday lives together so that when you do arrive in America you have them to watch and enjoy, because it will probably be at least a year before you see them again. Start planning what items you can't take with you are going to which people. Think about what you want to do for employment, for hobbies and social life in America and start researching your new home town in the US. Don't just sit there and drown in self-pity, that won't help the time pass any faster.

We've all been through the separation issue and it sucks, but there's no reason to drown in sorrow at both ends of the immigration process.

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

I think a lot of us on this site have all been there. After I got married and came back to the states I spent about a year depressed. It feels like you are missing a part of you, thats why it's so emotionally draining and hard. But you will drive yourself mad if you give into the stress of it. I haven't seen my husband since December of 2012. It's the longest we've gone without seeing each other in person, but we've drawn a tremendous strength from each other and honestly our relationship has never been stronger despite the time. Keep strong and try not to be overwhelmed.

Definitely the hardest thing we've had to do so far. We thought we could get through this with just Skype and texting, but we've been caught in backlogs from the get go, so I'm currently in the US on a visit. It'll suck to have to leave again, but I think I will feel better knowing there's only a few months left of this before I can come here on a one-way ticket.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is by far the hardest thing I have had to do, as well. If you love him you can get through this. I have my days where I don't want to get out of bed, then I have other days where the time goes. Just keep doing all you can to communicate because that's the most element in a marriage. This experience will teach you that you can get through anything. I just wish that the Skype thing would work for us and it would be so much easier for me. We did skype and that never worked. We tried messenger cam and that didn't work. Now we us oovoo and that works okay, but not hardly at all most times. We are guessing it's his country because we try different times of the day and night. We just tried earlier but it was a no go yet again. If I was able to see him and talk to him on cam every day I would he the happiest girl in the world. So instead we spend most of our time talking through rebtel for cheap calls. We talk several times every day. Since the day we met in April 2012 we have never missed one day talking on the phone. I have to send him money for Internet usage just to try cam so that gets very frustrating when it doesn't work. If cam was free for him and it worked I could save so much money on phone calls and then I would be able to take that trip to see him. With lower incomes immigration processes are even harder. But, keep going because the end result is what your waiting for and I know that day will be the best day in the world for me. We tried so hard to get pregnant when I was there and that didn't work, but seeing how long this process has been I'm glad about that because he would have missed the birth of his first child. There will be ups and downs but your love, strength, and faith will carry you till the end. And most importantly you both need to lean on each other when it's the most difficult because after all that's what a true partnership is about. When I'm struggling my husband carries me through and when he struggles I am there for him. I know all this pain will end and on that day I will just be thankful that I pushed through and never gave up. You can do this! If I can, we all can. Finding this site had been the best thing for me emotionally already just knowing I am not alone and others can relate to my pain makes it just a little easier. Before all I had was my husband, but now I have him and an outlet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.