anhes

Proof of Bona Fide Marriage. Less is more?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

My husband and I are gathering everything together for our I-130, and I've been looking around and reading a lot what others have put in their petition.
Seems like a lot of the couples on here gathered text messages, Emails, chat records, Skype conversations and all that, but my husband and I talk on FaceTime about once a day, and we text each other whenever both of us are up. That means that old records of our FaceTime calls are gone as they get deleted off our iPhones after a while, and we frequently have to delete our text messages because it takes up so much room on our phones since we send a lot of pictures and videos back and forth. We also have about 10 diaries/scrapbooks with tickets, pictures and everything in them, but half of them are here in Norway with me, and half of them are in America with my husband.

My question is; is it really necessary to gather all that information for the I-130? Isn't it better fit for the interview? We don't want to make our petition super thick as it may be at bit discouraging for the person who has to go through it, and I'm scared it'll delay the process. We have gathered one picture from each visit (there were 9 of them within the past year and a half) and wrote about what was going on, who were in the picture and the date it was taken, and we are getting friends and families to write affidavits. Is that enough, or should we add more?

And also, I am getting an affidavit from each of my parents, but we can't get them notarized here. That shouldn't be a problem, right?

Thank you guys!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can send whatever proof you have just like you have mentioned. Emails, facebook chat, boarding passes, entry and exit stamp on your passport, proof of monetary transaction like western union or money-gramm.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

There's no need to send everything, you are from Norway after all and I doubt that they are going to assume you are in a fraudulent relationship to get a green card! As a guide my wife sent I think six captioned photographs of us together from different locations(three of us in the UK and three in the US), a copy of our skype logs showing how many calls we'd made, copies of our boarding passes and airline emails, emails from rental properties we'd booked together and a photocopy of a paypal transaction showing I sent her money towards the wedding costs. In other words it wasn't as thick as the Bible and it doesn't need to be!

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

My husband and I are gathering everything together for our I-130, and I've been looking around and reading a lot what others have put in their petition.

Seems like a lot of the couples on here gathered text messages, Emails, chat records, Skype conversations and all that, but my husband and I talk on FaceTime about once a day, and we text each other whenever both of us are up. That means that old records of our FaceTime calls are gone as they get deleted off our iPhones after a while, and we frequently have to delete our text messages because it takes up so much room on our phones since we send a lot of pictures and videos back and forth. We also have about 10 diaries/scrapbooks with tickets, pictures and everything in them, but half of them are here in Norway with me, and half of them are in America with my husband.

My question is; is it really necessary to gather all that information for the I-130? Isn't it better fit for the interview? We don't want to make our petition super thick as it may be at bit discouraging for the person who has to go through it, and I'm scared it'll delay the process. We have gathered one picture from each visit (there were 9 of them within the past year and a half) and wrote about what was going on, who were in the picture and the date it was taken, and we are getting friends and families to write affidavits. Is that enough, or should we add more?

And also, I am getting an affidavit from each of my parents, but we can't get them notarized here. That shouldn't be a problem, right?

Thank you guys!

For iMessages & calls you can down load a software called tanesse on your laptop & connect your phone to your laptop & all the messages will be saved there with time & date then you can take print outs for your interview.

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

There's no need to send everything, you are from Norway after all and I doubt that they are going to assume you are in a fraudulent relationship to get a green card! As a guide my wife sent I think six captioned photographs of us together from different locations(three of us in the UK and three in the US), a copy of our skype logs showing how many calls we'd made, copies of our boarding passes and airline emails, emails from rental properties we'd booked together and a photocopy of a paypal transaction showing I sent her money towards the wedding costs. In other words it wasn't as thick as the Bible and it doesn't need to be!

Thank you so much! That's what I thought too, about Norway being a low fraud country. It's amazing living here, so I wouldn't move away if it wasn't for the love of my life. I'm a little relieved now, it would be hard to gather a lot of the information since a lot of it is gone now(the skype conversations are gone since we've switched laptops and all that), and what we have is so much that it almost seems counterproductive? But again, thank you. I just needed to know that we didn't have to include too much.

For iMessages & calls you can down load a software called tanesse on your laptop & connect your phone to your laptop & all the messages will be saved there with time & date then you can take print outs for your interview.

That's amazing! Thank you so much, that is really helpful and I can't believe we didn't know about it already. I'll get on it right now. :)

Edit: can't seem to find a software called Tanesse. Hmm.

Edited by anhes

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you so much! That's what I thought too, about Norway being a low fraud country. It's amazing living here, so I wouldn't move away if it wasn't for the love of my life. I'm a little relieved now, it would be hard to gather a lot of the information since a lot of it is gone now(the skype conversations are gone since we've switched laptops and all that), and what we have is so much that it almost seems counterproductive? But again, thank you. I just needed to know that we didn't have to include too much.

That's amazing! Thank you so much, that is really helpful and I can't believe we didn't know about it already. I'll get on it right now. :)

Edit: can't seem to find a software called Tanesse. Hmm.

Trial version shows only 20 messages you need a key for full version & you can down load key from bit torrents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.