Kay&Jay

WE THANK GOD THAT OUR VOICE HAS BEEN HEARD FOR THE TEXAS CENTER!!!!!!!

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Ok I have a different perspective on this... and it will most probably be shot down but... isn't waiting just a part of the process? I mean our timelines are not waiting 5 years! The maximum wait for a K-1 is not even 8 months tsc or csc.. so what are we really huffing and puffing about? A few extra months to build a solid relationship? I'm not saying it's easy, there is not one single night I have went to bed not wishing my boyfriend or now fiance was in bed right next to me! But I have chosen to pursue a love that I think is worth the wait. He has chosen to love and propose to a woman that is from a different country and bring her to live in his and love her and protect her. How many people in this world feel that strongly about another person? Not many in my experience. So yes the wait sucks, and might difficult but in 5 or max 8 months when you wake up next to that man and never have to leave him will it really matter??? We've been through a whole lot in this part year and I could not be more grateful or ready to start our lives together.

Just a perspective from a happily engaged woman :)

Even if waiting is hard, I totally agree with you! Thank you for this post :)

K1: AOS / EAD / AP:
04/25/2014: Package sent. 03/02/2015: Package sent
04/28/2014: Package received by USCIS. 03/05/2015: Package received by USCIS
04/30/2014: NOA1 (TSC) . 03/10/2015: NOA1
08/08/2014: case transfered to CSC 04/03/2015: Biometrics letter received
05/09/2014: NOA2 04/15/2015: Biometrics appointment
09/23/2014: NVC Case number created 06/01/2015: Notice of RFE online for EAD and AP
09/29/2014: Case received by embassy
06/30/2015: RFE response sent
10/18/2014: Package 3 received . 07/08/2015: EAD/AP Approved!
10/27/2014: Package 4 received 08/28/2015: AOS Approved!
12/01/2014: Medical
12/02/2014: interview => APPROVED!
12/11/2014: Visa in hands
12/17/2014: POE Chicago
01/13/2015: Civil Wedding

Ok I have a different perspective on this... and it will most probably be shot down but... isn't waiting just a part of the process? I mean our timelines are not waiting 5 years! The maximum wait for a K-1 is not even 8 months tsc or csc.. so what are we really huffing and puffing about? A few extra months to build a solid relationship? I'm not saying it's easy, there is not one single night I have went to bed not wishing my boyfriend or now fiance was in bed right next to me! But I have chosen to pursue a love that I think is worth the wait. He has chosen to love and propose to a woman that is from a different country and bring her to live in his and love her and protect her. How many people in this world feel that strongly about another person? Not many in my experience. So yes the wait sucks, and might difficult but in 5 or max 8 months when you wake up next to that man and never have to leave him will it really matter??? We've been through a whole lot in this part year and I could not be more grateful or ready to start our lives together.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. And yeah my petition got approved in a month, but I didn't do my interview for another 5 months because we planned on a 8 month process and stuck to the timeline we made for ourselves.

And maaaaaaybe perspectives on time change when u get older haha. :P

Edited by Sweetmelissa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great news for TSC fliers :) I am in CSC myself but really happy for everyone.

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-08-09

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-10-8

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-28

Interview: 2014-12-23 Approved!

Even if waiting is hard, I totally agree with you! Thank you for this post :)

Staying positive is important and makes for a better relationship in my opinion. Before you know it this will all be part of the past and you'll be happy with your future husband :dancing:

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. And yeah my petition got approved in a month, but I didn't do my interview for another 5 months because we planned on a 8 month process and stuck to the timeline we made for ourselves.

And maaaaaaybe perspectives on time change when u get older haha. :P

Congrats on your approval!!! We have also created our own timeline. We can`t control much in this situation so why not take control of what we can. In the meantime we enjoy our time together and are both working to plan for our future. Oh we also play scrabble online lol.

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

THANK YOU!

Jeez it is so good that somebody in this world still thinks positive and I wish most people that immigrate here think that positive instead of complaining about US government and whining how hard it is. WHy can't people find positive sides? I guess I am complaining right now about people complaining LOL. Oopsy:)

Your relationship WILL BE stronger with that attitude and longer you wait, stronger relationship is going to be, as it is more valuable to you two because of the hard time you have gone through..... In comparison to someone's relationship who met somebody in the Bar drinking, tomorrow when hard time comes, they will end up saying - "MEH, I can go to the bar again and find another one." Not in our case... Think about the quality relationship we get by going thorugh this!

Also, for all of those who is gonna say - "Oh, you have been approved in a month, it is easy for you to say" :

My brother has been waiting to immigrate here for over 12 years now. My mother applied for family reunion but he is not a minor and has wife and baby, so wait time is 10 years. he has been waiting to win a green card for 12 years and official immigration process for almost 5 now. and my close friend tried to play green card lottery and won after first try and I keep hearing stories about how people win those green cards and don't want to immigrate here. Is that FAIR?

It is not about fairness. Life is not Fair!! it is all about how you deal with that unfairness and you attitude towards life....

Stay Positibe, BECOME POSITIVE! Positiveness WILL REWARD you sooner than you think!

5/16/2014 - I-129f sent

5/21/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date CSC

5/22/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email

5/29/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy

VJ Timeline estimated NOA2 approval date between June 16, 2014 and June 25, 2014

6/20/2014 - Txt and E-mail received that I-129f has been approved. BOOM :energy:
6/25/2014 - NOA2 Hard Copy

7/2/2014 - Received NVC Case Number via Phone(Called 3 days in a row. Between 6:30 and 7:30am CST. Got through with first attempt. On hold for 30 minutes all three times.)

7/8/2014 - US Embassy of Georgia has received the package

8/7/2014 - Medical Exam

8/20/2014 - Interview date - DENIED. :blink:

9/29/2014 - Mirracle :energy:

10/14/2014 - Visa Recevied.(Extra cost for shipping passport and package is approx $200 :secret:)

11/13/2014 - US Entry!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

======================================================

11/24/2014 - SSN Received

12/12/2014 - Getting Married (L)

12/27/2014 - AOS Package sent

1/2/2015 - NOA Received

1/26/2014 - Biometrics

3/10/2014 - EAD has been processed

:jest:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

THANK YOU!

Jeez it is so good that somebody in this world still thinks positive and I wish most people that immigrate here think that positive instead of complaining about US government and whining how hard it is. WHy can't people find positive sides? I guess I am complaining right now about people complaining LOL. Oopsy:)

Your relationship WILL BE stronger with that attitude and longer you wait, stronger relationship is going to be, as it is more valuable to you two because of the hard time you have gone through..... In comparison to someone's relationship who met somebody in the Bar drinking, tomorrow when hard time comes, they will end up saying - "MEH, I can go to the bar again and find another one." Not in our case... Think about the quality relationship we get by going thorugh this!

Also, for all of those who is gonna say - "Oh, you have been approved in a month, it is easy for you to say" :

My brother has been waiting to immigrate here for over 12 years now. My mother applied for family reunion but he is not a minor and has wife and baby, so wait time is 10 years. he has been waiting to win a green card for 12 years and official immigration process for almost 5 now. and my close friend tried to play green card lottery and won after first try and I keep hearing stories about how people win those green cards and don't want to immigrate here. Is that FAIR?

It is not about fairness. Life is not Fair!! it is all about how you deal with that unfairness and you attitude towards life....

Stay Positibe, BECOME POSITIVE! Positiveness WILL REWARD you sooner than you think!

Wouldn't have said it better!

Thank you! I

K1: AOS / EAD / AP:
04/25/2014: Package sent. 03/02/2015: Package sent
04/28/2014: Package received by USCIS. 03/05/2015: Package received by USCIS
04/30/2014: NOA1 (TSC) . 03/10/2015: NOA1
08/08/2014: case transfered to CSC 04/03/2015: Biometrics letter received
05/09/2014: NOA2 04/15/2015: Biometrics appointment
09/23/2014: NVC Case number created 06/01/2015: Notice of RFE online for EAD and AP
09/29/2014: Case received by embassy
06/30/2015: RFE response sent
10/18/2014: Package 3 received . 07/08/2015: EAD/AP Approved!
10/27/2014: Package 4 received 08/28/2015: AOS Approved!
12/01/2014: Medical
12/02/2014: interview => APPROVED!
12/11/2014: Visa in hands
12/17/2014: POE Chicago
01/13/2015: Civil Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Just got NOA2 approval yesterday 11th August. We filled towards February ending and received NOA1 February 28. On to the next step now. Thank u Jesus!

Update your time line please just to see how things are moving forward and congratulations on your approval :idea::idea:

Edited by Kay&Jay

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

1. No offense, but your situation is Canada-United States. For some of us, the distance is literally on the other side of the world. It takes me 24 hours (at a minimum, usually closer to 30) to reach my fiancee.

2. I think most of us are complaining or unhappy not due to the status of our relationships anyway. It is due to the anxiety.

3. That anxiety is not due to the time, but not knowing when things will be done. If USCIS said "8 months" or "1 year" and it was consistently 8 months or 1 year, I would be perfectly fine with it. Hell, I had no anxiety until I discovered that TSC was behind and there was a backlog. When I submitted my application, USCIS was saying 5 months and it seemed pretty consistent. Soon after, things became clearly backed up. It has been shown that bad news is less stressful and better for your health than being in limbo and not knowing.

I understand your point, and don't disagree, but I don't think it really addresses the anxiety people are expressing on this board.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got a transfer notice yesterday and this email today....does anyone know if "local" office means transferred to CSC???

On August 11, 2014, we transferred your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Many thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Got a transfer notice yesterday and this email today....does anyone know if "local" office means transferred to CSC???

On August 11, 2014, we transferred your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Many thanks

That's a good news post it on the transfer thread.

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just a pre-warning: this is going to be a pretty long rant, though I'll attempt to keep it minimal.

I agree with you in regards to positivity. Without it, both in this process and in life in general, you will simply be bitter, miserable, cynical and stressed out 100% of the time.

HOWEVER, I completely and utterly disagree with the entire mindset that "Life is unfair, deal with it." Yes, life is unfair. In some instances, such as death of a loved one or being laid off from a job, it is unavoidable and you are powerless in changing these things. Your only ability lies within yourself and your state of mind, which is where positivity is absolutely necessary. What you will find is that there are processes in life that you have to deal with that can and NEED be changed. I know this is a really dramatic example, but such was the case with segregation and slavery in the U.S. It was unfair and wrong in every respect. But if people had just accepted the deafest mindset that "life is unfair I just have to stay positive" then NOTHING WOULD HAVE CHANGED.

With that being said, this is a lot different. I don't feel as though my fundamental human rights are being violated. Hahaha. But the process is unfair and it is unfair in a lot of respects. Not only is this process unequal in terms of service center assignment and processing times, but also in terms of beneficiary country. My primary issue with this process is that no one should be penalized for falling in love with a human being from a different part of the world. And it doesn't matter how you try to sugarcoat it or justify this process; it is unfair and it is ridiculous that in order to be with and marry the person you love, you have submit an insane amount of paperwork, pay an insane amount of money and wait a ridiculous length of time just to BE TOGETHER. And this is true regardless of how long you have to wait.

This is why it is so important to try and influence this process in any way possible. Raise awareness, contact your state representatives, email heads of departments to express your concerns, etc. So, yes, the process is unfair and it is necessary for your mental and physical health to remain positive and optimistic. This doesn't mean you should be content with your situation by any means, though. And if you do nothing, nothing will change. Remember, this isn't just unfair for us, but for all of the people who will go through this process after us. It's important we attempt to make things easier for them, as well.

To everyone at the CSC who have either been approved or are still waiting:

Keep in mind that there are people at the TSC who have been waiting a VERY long time to receive their NOA2s. A lot longer than you have been waiting most likely. If these new transfers increase your wait time, they will decrease TSCs and level the playing field for ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS, regardless of geographic location. And that is how it should be. There should not be such huge discrepencies between service center processing times. Both centers should be running around the same wait times. And if that means you will have to wait an extra month or two, then take your own advice: Remain positive and know that the wait will strengthen your relationship. This is all about equality. TSC filers don't want you to suffer or wait any longer than you have to. Ideally, everyone would be approved within a week! They just want fairness. And these transfers are a step in the right direction.

To everyone at the TSC who have either been approved or are still waiting:

Keep in mind that those with petitions at the CSC did not choose their service center. It is entirely dependent upon geographic location and out of their (and your) hands. While it is unfair that they are being approved months ahead of you, remember that it is still difficult for them to be apart from the people they love and want to be with. They are concerned about these trasnferring and potential increases in processing times for fair enough reasons. You would be, as well. They do not want to be apart from their fiance(e)s any longer than you do. Additionally, they are still forced to deal with all of the bureaucracy and hand over all of the money that you have to. It is difficult and unfair to all of us. They may be approved in a month, but then be stuck at the NVC for two months or the embassy for three. Who knows? At any rate, it is not their fault they are processed so much more quickly, so don't hold it against them. It's nothing personal.

Edited by caiti92

I am the petitioner.

02/11/14 - Mailed I-129F petition to Texas Lock Box

02/20/14 - NOA1 Received Electronically

02/25/14 - Alien Registration Number changed

08/08/14 - Contacted Congressman/Senators

08/12/14 - NOA2 Received Electronically (173 days)

08/12/14 - Medical Exam in Blackrock

08/16/14 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08/18/14 - Case sent to NVC from TSC

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/27/14 - NVC Case # Assigned

08/29/14 - NVC Left

09/04/14 - Dublin Embassy Received

09/04/14 - Packet 3 Received

09/08/14 - Packet 3 Returned

09/11/14 - Packet 4 Received

09/22/14 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

1. No offense, but your situation is Canada-United States. For some of us, the distance is literally on the other side of the world. It takes me 24 hours (at a minimum, usually closer to 30) to reach my fiancee.

2. I think most of us are complaining or unhappy not due to the status of our relationships anyway. It is due to the anxiety.

3. That anxiety is not due to the time, but not knowing when things will be done. If USCIS said "8 months" or "1 year" and it was consistently 8 months or 1 year, I would be perfectly fine with it. Hell, I had no anxiety until I discovered that TSC was behind and there was a backlog. When I submitted my application, USCIS was saying 5 months and it seemed pretty consistent. Soon after, things became clearly backed up. It has been shown that bad news is less stressful and better for your health than being in limbo and not knowing.

I understand your point, and don't disagree, but I don't think it really addresses the anxiety people are expressing on this board.

None taken. I do realize we are lucky to live where we live, and I really do sympathize with people who are far away from each other and probably cannot see each other as often as we can. And you are absolutely right what makes this process so stressful is not knowing when things will happen. I'm an anxious person and I hate not having control over a situation. I did not in anyway try to minimize the anxiety or stress this involves. I'm going to leave my home, my job, my family, my country which I love, get married and start a family in a new place and all this without knowing when exactly if that is not enough to make someone anxious I don't know what is. As I mentioned this is my perspective and how I choose to view our situation so I don't drive myself crazy or my fiancé crazy for that matter.

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

Well said and I agree for the most part. Just couple thing to add:

HOWEVER, I completely and utterly disagree with the entire mindset that "Life is unfair, deal with it." Yes, life is unfair. In some instances, such as death of a loved one or being laid off from a job,

You can't compare Death of a loved one and losing a job. You can't find positive from a death unless they are suffering. You can get over it, which human being needs to do in this case. When it comes to a job. It is either your fault or your company is ####### that didn't appreciate you and you don't need to work for that company anyway. and besides that. Being LAID OFF form a job is an apportunity to start doing what you trully love that you wouldn't have ballzzz to start doing while having a job. Proven fact. and Don't tell me about bad economy and that there is no job. If you can't find a job, there is something wrong with you and you need to start working on yourself.

Also, the reason that all these talks about unfairness in this process annoy ####### out of me is YOU DO NOT know what is happening in those offices and why this is happening. And if you don't have this information you have to DEAL WITH IT or find out the reason and act accordingly and not scream - Oh I think it is unfair cuz Cali does it and texas doesn't. It is kindergarden. That kid got an icecream, that's why i want icecream too. It doesn't work like that and i feel bad for people who think that way.

You can't compare this with slavery because it was a known fact that it was wrong. Here, you don't know that it is wrong. Like I said, my brother has been waiting for the imigration process for 5 years. Well, Cali process it in a month, why is he waiting for 5 years?

If somebody came here who knew exact process how it is done in their end, then I might have listen. but all this empty talks to fight for unfairness. it is pointless.

And to all people who is blaming this countrie's government - you people don't appreciate this country and what this gorvernment can offer you. Yes it is not perfect. well guess what? NOTHING IS... I have said this before in some other topics and will say it again. IT COULD HAVE BEEN much worse.

For example people who had extra money, they would be able to give that money to "right people" and their file would have been moved to CSC. Would that be Fair? Now that's unfair to wait just because you don't have money and your govergnment is all corrupted.

Ugh. I talked too much. Sorry if offended anyone, i just get upset when people don't appreciate what they have:(

5/16/2014 - I-129f sent

5/21/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date CSC

5/22/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email

5/29/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy

VJ Timeline estimated NOA2 approval date between June 16, 2014 and June 25, 2014

6/20/2014 - Txt and E-mail received that I-129f has been approved. BOOM :energy:
6/25/2014 - NOA2 Hard Copy

7/2/2014 - Received NVC Case Number via Phone(Called 3 days in a row. Between 6:30 and 7:30am CST. Got through with first attempt. On hold for 30 minutes all three times.)

7/8/2014 - US Embassy of Georgia has received the package

8/7/2014 - Medical Exam

8/20/2014 - Interview date - DENIED. :blink:

9/29/2014 - Mirracle :energy:

10/14/2014 - Visa Recevied.(Extra cost for shipping passport and package is approx $200 :secret:)

11/13/2014 - US Entry!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

======================================================

11/24/2014 - SSN Received

12/12/2014 - Getting Married (L)

12/27/2014 - AOS Package sent

1/2/2015 - NOA Received

1/26/2014 - Biometrics

3/10/2014 - EAD has been processed

:jest:

With that being said, this is a lot different. I don't feel as though my fundamental human rights are being violated. Hahaha. But the process is unfair and it is unfair in a lot of respects. Not only is this process unequal in terms of service center assignment and processing times, but also in terms of beneficiary country. My primary issue with this process is that no one should be penalized for falling in love with a human being from a different part of the world. And it doesn't matter how you try to sugarcoat it or justify this process; it is unfair and it is ridiculous that in order to be with and marry the person you love, you have submit an insane amount of paperwork, pay an insane amount of money and wait a ridiculous length of time just to BE TOGETHER. And this is true regardless of how long you have to wait.

Just chopped off the parts I agree with & will comment only on the part I don't agree with.

We are not being "penzalized for falling in love with a human being from a different part of the world." This is one of only a handful of countries where you can "(fall) in love with a human being from another part of the world" & actually petition them to come here, get married, & they can essentially become a fully functional naturalized American, just like many people who've come to this country. The fact that we're even allowed to do this is what makes this country so great!

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.