Dorgeorge

Visa on passport expires in less than a month

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee got his passport delivered aug 8, 2014. Looking at the visa, issue date says aug 6 and expiration date says aug 30,2014. my question is, what does this date mean? Does he need to have the medical again before this date expires? I booked him a flight for aug 16. Do we have to get married before aug 30? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, he was Required to undergo the TB test so could that have affected this short expiration date?

Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

The beneficiary has to marry the petitioner within 90 days of arrival into the US.

For more information, please refer to the DOS Nonimmigrant Visa (K1) FAQs :

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/fiance-k-1.html#14

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

My fiancee got his passport delivered aug 8, 2014. Looking at the visa, issue date says aug 6 and expiration date says aug 30,2014. my question is, what does this date mean? Does he need to have the medical again before this date expires? I booked him a flight for aug 16. Do we have to get married before aug 30? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, he was Required to undergo the TB test so could that have affected this short expiration date?

Thank you!

For beneficiaries from the Philippines, the expiration date ties to the date of the medical exam. I assumed he did the medical too earlier or he had waited too long scheduled his interview. In some countries like mine, my expiration date was from the date of my visa was issued up to 6 months. You don't have to get married in August 30. But your fiance has to be in the US before August 30. After he entered the US, K-1 visa is void and now his lawful present started ticking from the first day he came and up to 90 days. You both have to get married within 90 days otherwise if married beyond the deadline, you will have to file I-130 along with I-485.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for replying! My fiancee should be here aug 16, Wedding will be on sept. Follow up question: for us to not have problems with aos later, does my fiancee need a repeat medical exam upon entry before aug 30? If so, would a general practicioner suffice for this exam?

Thank you for replying! My fiancee should be here aug 16, Wedding will be on sept. Follow up question: for us to not have problems with aos later, does my fiancee need a repeat medical exam upon entry before aug 30? If so, would a general practicioner suffice for this exam?

If he did his medical within a year, he does not have to redo whole medical. Looked up to his DS-3025 that he got from his medical exam. If it is all completed vaccination records and boxes are ticked he only needed to send a copy of his DS-3025. But , if it does not completed yet, then he has to complete missing shots and ask civil surgeon that listed on USCIS website in your local area to transcribe his DS-3025 onto I-693. You have to go to civil surgeon to do I-693 that listed on USCIS website. Try to find cheapest ones (some of them will ripped your pocket off), if your fiance's medical is good for a year then insist not to do the whole medical. Just transcribe DS-3025 onto I-693.

Out of my curiosity, when he did his medical exam?. The reason why I am asking because the short period of his visa expiration.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you!

It means your fiance needs to in the USA before the visa expired. Yes the short visa validity is because of the TB issues. Just be in the USA before 30 Aug.

You have 90 days after arriving to get married.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Medical is good for one year so as long as you file AOS within the year a new medical is not required. If you did need to do another medical it would have to be with a civil surgeon.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.