Texasav8r

If You Have Been Transferred...Please Post Here (K-1)

2,233 posts in this topic

Congratulations to all those approved last night and those that will be approved tonight.

And in regards to the Tier 1 and Tier 2 officers, I'm not really sure how much they know or how much of our information they have access to, but I do think calling will help. When I called I spoke only with the first person that answered, so I'm assuming Tier 1. The very next day I received the approval, and my NOA1 is May 27th. The applications around mine were still under Initial Review.

I can't say for certain that calling will guarantee a quick approval/update, but it doesn't hurt. My thought is maybe the officers are able to place a query/note on the case after the petitioner calls that someone in California can see.

I presume a lot of things changed when USCIS got that new Director Leon Rodriguez. I assume he told them that if a customer calls, place an immediate approval request into the system.

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sigh

It's sad to see you so stressed out. ...

please let the system work its way. ..

as it has its own ways to work.

Clearly being frustrated with USCIS. ..

not good for your health.

Hopefully in days ahead you will get that magical email of approval.

Best wishes. ..

Tj

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi Espico,

I think you should ignore what they tell you on the phone because I really don't think they know details at all. If you got the hard copy notice that you are transferred, then you are definitely transferred! When I called and spoke to Tier 2 he said he couldn't see any details about my case. In fact, when they transferred me to him they gave him my wrong case number at first also, so they are simply out of the loop. The officer I spoke to also expressed his own frustration with the adjudicators but made it seem like he has no contact or connection to them.

You could always try and call again and speak to someone else to see what they say, or get a senator involved to find out what's going on exactly. But in my opinion I think a hard copy notice signifies you were definitely transferred.

I agree. I am not calling again. I am just going to let the system runs its course.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I presume a lot of things changed when USCIS got that new Director Leon Rodriguez. I assume he told them that if a customer calls, place an immediate approval request into the system.

Unfortunately, it does not work this way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

It's crazy how random they approve the petitions. No logic or pattern to it whatsoever.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

@ Espico They told me the same thing. I was in Mesquite Tx and transferred. But when I called hey had no record. If you called today keep checking after 8 PM that's when they seem to post! Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just got off the line with a second level customer service agent. He said that my case has been moved to "Request for Evidence". I'm crying as I write this. What does it mean? There is nothing on the website and he said to just wait for my RFE in snail mail "soon" and that after that it is a long process through the state department. What? How long will this take? Does this mean another five months? Does it mean we can't plan on him coming in November? December? Sob!!! I wanted a Xmas wedding. I'm so upset...help.

I-129F sent:04/01/2014

Package Accepted:04/14/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):04/17/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):04/20/2014

Case Transferred: 08/11/2014, again 8/19/2014

Case Transferred: 09/13/2014

RFE Received: 9/19 email & text, post 9/22
RFE Returned: 9/24, rec'd by USCIS 9/26

NOA2(Email&Text): 10/06/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received): 10/09/2014

NVC Arrived:

NVC Left:

Medical Date:

Packet 3 Received:

Packet 3 Faxed or emailed:

Packet 4 Received:

Packet 4 Faxed or Emailed:

Interview(Approved):

Visa in Hand:

Timeline

Being that we were approved and received the update last night, I'm very surprised that I wasn't asked to submit more information for either myself or my fiance. My fiance will be flying in from Scotland Saturday and was nice news to have before he came. We were the first to post about being transferred to the CSC in here and I've been following this particular thread since then to see how quickly things seemed to be moving along. We obviously weren't the fastest on the list for an approval. I have been through the system before with an ex husband and the process, being it was a different way that I went through the system, is very trying on the patience, frustrating and very confusing as well. You can speak with an officer, ask a question and get an answer then call back 10 minutes later and get a whole different answer than you just received from the first officer. I do understand how frustrating it really is. I never bothered calling to ask because I already knew that things needed to run its own course. I only called to update some information. Having been through USCIS before, it is far better these days than it was back then. Was a proper nightmare back then. Plus now we have forums like this to give support and to help each other through.

I'm so sorry that the earlier filers are still not receiving anything. I can't imagine how devastating it is to see us later filers that were transferred getting approvals first. Doubtful that we will ever really know the reasons behind it. I will still follow this thread because it will be nice to see the earlier filers start getting approved. Not only that, I hope everyone gets your approvals very soon.

Timeline

Eletarias I'm not sure what that all means but, from what I've seen people that have received some kind of RFE after giving details requested got approved shortly thereafter. Someone is actually working your case and that proves to be some progress though it seems from. Push those shoulders back, hold that head up, light is down the tunnel. * hugs*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am so tress cause of waiting and waiting. Many cases after mine in my country have got approved. But we are not.

I am finance, This week, I called them 2 times but no result , she told me just wait. I wanted to know, If I call them one more time, will it affect anything to my case?

2014/04/19: I 129F sent

2014/04/23: Noa1.

2014/10/15: NOA2

2014/11/14: casenumber

2015/01/15: interview

2015/01/27: visa inhand

2015/02/27: enter US.

2015/03/01: got married license

We just received our NOA2 notification by e-mail and text message tonight (NOA1 4/3/14). I did not ever bother calling USCIS although we were past the 5 month mark. I was telling a friend tonight how frustrated I was that I had seen several other applications with NOA1 more than a month after ours (same country) who had been approved. Then OUR APPROVAL. I am very happy to have something else to work on again. I know it will still take time (the DR takes a long time to schedule interviews) but progress is good. I woke my fiance up to tell him. A step in the right direction.

For those still waiting - I know how frustrating it is......keep busy.....that helped me! :)

Edited by ktered

3-26-14 Mailed I-129F via USPS signature confirmation
3-29-14 Signature confirmation (4am on a Saturday! ;))
4-3-14 Text message from USCIS saying that case was received (NOA1) and transferred to Texas Service Center
4-3-14 Check Cashed
4-3-14 Alien Registration Number changed
4-7-14 Official Paper NOA1 received in the mail
8-11-14 Notice of Transfer to CSC
9-17-14 NOA2 received by e-mail and text message
10-09-14 NVC received
10-10-14 Case # assigned
10-15-14 NVC says "In Transit"

10-16-14 NCV says "Ready"
10-17-14 DHL says package delivered

10-18-14 Received Paper NVC notice (with fiance's first name spelled wrong)

11-9-14 Received appt letter

11-19-14 Received E-mail with interview date for 1-7-15

1-7-15 Interview - Approved but medical exam was not at consulate due to holidays
3-11-2015 Finally received visa.
8-8-15 Traveled to the US together. Arrived in Boston with no problems.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

same as above, we also just received noa2 by email. (noa1 4/16/14, transfer 8/11/14)

for everyone who's waiting, yours will come soon!

Edited by ssgao

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.