sinbad55

Do i need a lawer?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

In 2013 I did a k1visa for my fiancée from Jamaica, she was approve in Dec 2013, she arrive in U S A , Jan 2014 within first week here found out she was seeing someone back in Jamaica, sent her back March 19 2014, have proof of phone record to show how she use 400.00 dollars of phone calls and text to the guy in 1 week, got copy of her face book page she posted the next day after I sent her back , with him on the cover page with a statement saying she been in a relationship with the guy since June 2013 and a email she sent me in June 2014 telling me she was very sorry for what she did, well anyway I met a very nice lady from Jamaica , have been their APRIL, MAY, JUNE, JULY, to see her, And I planning on to marry her in Sep 2014, so im wondering if im going to have problems when I file the CR1 VISA, and do you guys think I need to hire a lawyer

Filed: Timeline

In 2013 I did a k1visa for my fiancée from Jamaica, she was approve in Dec 2013, she arrive in U S A , Jan 2014 within first week here found out she was seeing someone back in Jamaica, sent her back March 19 2014, have proof of phone record to show how she use 400.00 dollars of phone calls and text to the guy in 1 week, got copy of her face book page she posted the next day after I sent her back , with him on the cover page with a statement saying she been in a relationship with the guy since June 2013 and a email she sent me in June 2014 telling me she was very sorry for what she did, well anyway I met a very nice lady from Jamaica , have been their APRIL, MAY, JUNE, JULY, to see her, And I planning on to marry her in Sep 2014, so im wondering if im going to have problems when I file the CR1 VISA, and do you guys think I need to hire a lawyer

Is there any one who can give me advice

You wouldn't have problems. Usually the red flags are raised when the intending immigrant is the fiance of you today and then of someone else the next. Since you aren't the intending immigrant, it's shouldn't be a problem.

Just make sure that you have enough proof of your current relationship. You want to submit things like your visa stamps for when you visited, hotel receipts, airline tickets, photos of you guys and with her family members and friends and of your wedding, affidavits of family members and/or friends, gifts or money you may have sent her, etc.

Also you want to be prepared to answer any questions that may come up at your interview regarding what happened with your previous fiance. The fact that you sent your ex fiance back to Jamaica because of what happened and didn't try to do AOS or get married anyway already looks good, because they will be much less likely to suspect fraud on your part. As long as you are truthful and can back up the legitimacy of your current relationship, you will be fine.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You wouldn't have problems. Usually the red flags are raised when the intending immigrant is the fiance of you today and then of someone else the next. Since you aren't the intending immigrant, it's shouldn't be a problem.

Just make sure that you have enough proof of your current relationship. You want to submit things like your visa stamps for when you visited, hotel receipts, airline tickets, photos of you guys and with her family members and friends and of your wedding, affidavits of family members and/or friends, gifts or money you may have sent her, etc.

Also you want to be prepared to answer any questions that may come up at your interview regarding what happened with your previous fiance. The fact that you sent your ex fiance back to Jamaica because of what happened and didn't try to do AOS or get married anyway already looks good, because they will be much less likely to suspect fraud on your part. As long as you are truthful and can back up the legitimacy of your current relationship, you will be fine.

thank you very much for replying back

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.