KevinB

Getting Married in Tegucigalpa, Honduras on Feb 17th

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

My name is Kevin. I am a US Citizen and born here in the USA. I plan on marrying my girlfriend, who is from the Dominican Republic. We plan on being married in Honduras and then once married I planning on filing the appropriate CR-1 process and I-130 paperwork here in the USA to petition to have my new wife come live with me in the USA. Once I receive the NOA-1, then I would finle the appropriate K-3 paperwork and I-129F Form with the Tegucigalpa Consulate.

Question: We are getting to Tegucigalpa on 02/16 and plan to be married at some point during our stay in Honduras. We are staying there through 02/20. Can we get married 'officially' by judge in Tegucigalpa, Honduras? Any suggestions on who we contact to make arrangements? Also, do we need to have witnesses? Unfortunately, none of our families are in Honduras, so taking family to Honduras with us will be quite expensive. I am hoping the Judge that marries us, will have witnesses??? Do we need to be residents of Honduras to be married there?

Also, my finance will need to make medical/doctor arrangements ahead of our interview (once they approve our petition) and schedule the interterview. How/who does she contact (doctor) for this? I'd love for the appointment to happen on the same trip that we make back together to Honduras for the consulate visit. Hopefully arrangements can be made for doctors visit for her BEFORE the interview at the consulate. I'd hate to make another very expensive trip for the both of us.

Thanks in adavance for assistance and quick response!

Desparate,

KevinB

Filed: Timeline

Hmmm tricky situation, first of all find a web site (suggest google) and find out all you can on Hondorus, what the requirements are etc, when you do get married take plenty of pictures for future reference, then for the Visa process im afraid its going to be expensive from start to finish the doctor part will not be necessary until the interview process starts.

Good luck

Janice

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Is your fiancee in Honduras as a visitor, or resident of Honduras? USCIS and NVC will defer the case to the consulate in the Dominican Republic if she is not a resident of Honduras.

See also other post.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50894

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.