Saylin

NVC Filers - August 2014

5,163 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

KOKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good to see you again at long last? When did you get the Police certificate because it's good for a year as far as the Embassy is concerned. I e-mailed them and they confirmed this.

Hiii soloooooooooenta good to see you too yes it long time :((((

I get this poilce certificate on 22/6/2014 and it expires in 3 month as they told me there

Ur scan date of iv is the same as mine 22/7 :))))))

I hope we hear good news sooooon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you everyone. Sorry to cast such a dark cloud on an otherwise positive day of case completes and other good news. I am so happy for each of you whether I comment or not, I am finding time to read when I can. :dancing:

I said I need a break, but like a bad habit I can't stay away from my VJ family. Once the kids go to sleep and the house is quiet, I do like to read and catch up. I am ok and have a lot of good things to keep me going. My husband, my kids, my job, and the Lady Gaga concert tomorrow night!!!

I really appreciate all the kind words and thoughts above. It is not the end of the world, but it is frustrating. I wish I could turn back time and not make a mistake on my AOS and I would have had a CC in June. But, it is what it is and I have to think there is something I am meant to stay here for just a little longer. I have prepared my US family for the fact I may not arrive before Christmas (since we still have the house to sell etc. once the visa is granted). They are disappointed, but ok.

Supervisor Octavio has said since I am in Australia they cannot call me once my supervisor review has taken place, but can only send me an email. When I asked how long it would take he said if I call NVC on Wed and ask for him he will update me. He even told me the hours he works, so that was nice. I just hope the operator will put me through without too much fuss. I just really hope all is ok with my paperwork and they don't issue another checklist (or if they do allow me to take the corrections to interview).

I am ok, just disillusioned and numb. I was born and raised an American and taught that the USA is the greatest, most advanced country in the world. So why then, is the immigration system so backward and broken? I will say goodnight with a quote I saw that I like:

"Do not allow negative experiences to make you bitter, they should make you wiser, & with that wisdom you shall find joy" (unknown)

Love to you all, thanks for keeping me going (L)(F)(L)

Fingers crossed for you Amanda and I do hope and pray that you'll hear good news on or before Wednesday. I'll keep praying till you get your case complete.

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS soooooooooo very happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

m0113.gift9304.gifegyptian.gifegyptian.gifh0403.gifegyptian.gifegyptian.gift9304.gifm0113.gif

Thank u so much love. Hope you will get case complete soon. You are always in my prayers. Sending you positive vibes. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I received a letter in the mail from NVC, stating the mailing/emailing address on the case was changed due to a request. What request? I didn't send in any? The letter was dated for August 11th, I didn't even call them that day. I don't know what to do :cry: :cry:

Is this bad? I hope not! I don't want something to mess up again! :cry: :cry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I received a letter in the mail from NVC, stating the mailing/emailing address on the case was changed due to a request. What request? I didn't send in any? The letter was dated for August 11th, I didn't even call them that day. I don't know what to do :cry: :cry:

You may call NVC and explain. It could be a false email from their wired system

10/4/13 - I-130 filed

4/17/14 - USCIS shipped case to NVC

10/29 - CC

11/15 - Medical

12/11 - Interview

Kutty - Petitioner

Timeline

Is the email/mailing address in the letter different from the email/mailing address that you have with nvc?

Timeline

I just checked my aos fee changed to n/a!!

Last document scanned was 22nd July!

How soon can I expect a cc??

:wow: that's EXTREMELY lucky!! Congratulations!!! What was ur scan date for AOS and IV package??

My husband called Nvc and the rep has told our case got approved on Thursday. Scanned date July 10th.Still Aos fee hasn't changed yet. ( Couldn't believe this, checking my ceac .....) Samreen dear, you will definitely hear something on Monday.Thank you

Congratulations!!! :dance: yes I m praying to hear something on Monday as well!!

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Finally paid AOS FEE! B-) Now how long does it take for DS 260 to unlock?

SEPTEMBER 19th , 2014 - MY AOS WILL BE REVIEW WITH NO CHECKLIST BECAUSE MY GOD IS AWESOME AND ABLE!

March 6, 2012 [ met my love for the first time on mission trip]

March 10,2013 [ Became a couple ]

August 28, 2013 [visited him for three months]

February 13, 2014 [ Dispatch his family from Naples, Florida to meet with my parents and Pastor to ask for my hand in marriage]

March 3, 2014 [ visited him to spend his 28th birthday with him]

March 4, 2014 [ he proposed to me American style - on one knee. lol]

USCIS

April 6, 2014 - [ Court Marriage as we plan on having a church wedding here with a reception after he arrives and start working]

May 9, 2014 - [ Sent I130 package ]

May 11, 2014 - [ Email & Text notification]

May 14, 2014 - [Letter notification of NOA1]

June 6, 2014 - [Expedite Request]

June 11, 2014 - [I-130 Approve]

NVC

June 19, 2014 - [NVC Received]

July 8, 2014 - [Received DS-261 / AOS Bill]

July 10, 2014- [submit DS-261]

July 11, 2014 - [Pay AOS Bill]

July 25, 2014 - [ Send AOS Package]

August 11, 2014 -[sent IV Package ]

August 22, 2014 - [ Receive IV Bill ]

August 23, 2014 - [Pay IV Bill]

August 26,2014 - Submit DS-260 :

September 16, 2014 - [AOS Checklist received] - I had to find a new sponsor who meet income requirement.

September 19, 2014 - sent expedite request again with doctor's note....

September 22, 2014 - receive email that expedite is under review.

September 23, 2014 - Checklist sent to NVC

September 25, 2014 - Expedite request approced

September 31, 3013 - Case shipped to NVC / IN transit

October 10, 2014 - Case Ready

October 14, 2014 - Picked up Packet 4 from embassy

October 15, 2014 - Medicals

October 28, 2014 - Interview - APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys, hope you guys would have seen my post last week when I called NVC and they told they have received the package from uscis on Aug 6 but it will take upto 60 days for them to Generate case Id. I gave them a casual Call yesterday & They told me that the case is updated and they have send me a notice by mail to my Address to pay the AOS free and DS261 Form. Now whats the next step .

Can I file everything online?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so very happy for you and your loved one!

cancan.gif127fs2361263.gifegyptian.gifegyptian.gifdancing1.gifdancing1.gifmini-graphics-dancing-and-singing-259303mini-graphics-dancing-and-singing-259303127fs2361263.gifcancan.gif

Thank you Soloenta...very nice of you....hope you get your CC very soon!

event.png

USCIS
10.03.2013 - Sent I-130
10.10.2013 - Received e-notification

10.12.2013 - Received NAO 1

03.30.2014 - I-130 Approval/NAO 2

04.03.2014 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC
04.15.2014 - Case received

05.16.2014 - Case number/IIN assigned

05.16.2014 - DS -261 Completed online/

05.16.2014 - AOS Bill invoiced and paid

05.19.2014 - AOS Bill "PAID" status

05.24.2014 - AOS Package sent

05.27.2014 - AOS Package arrived at NVC

05.30.2014 - AOS Package scanned at NVC

06.23.2014 - IV Bill invoiced and paid

06.24.2014 - IV Package sent

06.26.2014 - IV Package arrived at NVC

06.26.2014 - IV Bill "PAID" status

06.27.2014 - DS-260 Completed online

07.02.2014 - IV Package scanned at NVC

07.07.2014 - False checklist for "AOS Cover letter"

07.07.2014 - AOS Package approval confirmed (26th day after it was scanned)

XX.XX.2014 - Case complete

XX.XX.2014 - Interview scheduled

Embassy
XX.XX.2014 - Medical
XX.XX.2014 - Interview
XX.XX.2014 - Visa in hand
XX.XX.2014 - POE

Finally paid AOS FEE! B-) Now how long does it take for DS 260 to unlock?

It's the IV fee that unlocks the DS-260. Once you've paid the AOS, you can send the AOS package to NVC.

Depending on when you submitted your DS-261, count 60 days from there and that is when you should receive your IV invoice.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Timeline

Is the email/mailing address in the letter different from the email/mailing address that you have with nvc?

They didn't say what it was updated to, the letter doesn't explain anything. Only says that line and has our case information.

Timeline

They didn't say what it was updated to, the letter doesn't explain anything. Only says that line and has our case information.

You should call NVC on monday. The rep will do the normal routine by confirming your case number, petitioner's date of birth and email addresses. You should then tell them about the letter you received from them and ask her to confirm what they have on their system. Also let them know you didn't request for anything from them.

NVC never stop to amuse me. They should concerntrate more on reviewing packages.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.