Saylin

NVC Filers - August 2014

5,163 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Bahahaha! :lol: :lol: In fairness I was careful not to use pronouns prior to hitting NVC... a LOT of people mistook me for being male and I just never bothered to correct them. It was pretty funny getting PMs from people asking for help calling me "brother" :P

Hahahaha yes exactly I think after u got approved I came to know u r actually a female lol!! And also ur VJ name looks kind of guy like to me lol. I m sure a lot of people would have gotten confused :D

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

NVC issues a "checklist" when you've made a mistake, whether by omitting something or by entering it incorrectly. They ask that you resubmit the documents with corrections made according to their instructions, and right now, that'll set you back a month or two. Leaving that address field blank is something they very unfairly consider a mistake, so don't let them trip you

Question related to I-286EZ. In part 2, address of the immigrant, you use the foreign address or the address in the US, since the latter is the on used for all correspondence?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I emailed yesterday and i just got an email from them today. It has the case number and invoice id number. And an update of our expedite request ?

what did you have to email them about? Did you have spelling error in your name too? What did they email you?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I hope we see some July 9 and 10 approvals by Tomm!

I pray they can finish up this week with all the remaining packages from June to July 11 or even more.

Common NVC get your a$$ to work fast!!!!!

Bahahaha! :lol: :lol: In fairness I was careful not to use pronouns prior to hitting NVC... a LOT of people mistook me for being male and I just never bothered to correct them. It was pretty funny getting PMs from people asking for help calling me "brother" :P

Hahaha, I used to get that every now and then. I'm like uh, no, I'm a "sister" :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Last scan date is 7th July and still waiting for CC. :cry:

IV scan date July 11th and august 4 (related case) waiting along with you. Praying for no check list

10/4/13 - I-130 filed

4/17/14 - USCIS shipped case to NVC

10/29 - CC

11/15 - Medical

12/11 - Interview

Kutty - Petitioner

Timeline

IV scan date July 11th and august 4 (related case) waiting along with you. Praying for no check list

I think nvc is currently working on the cases that are scanned at the initial of july...

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Lol... "HIS" name is a "HERS"... I'm the Jazz of JeffNJazz ;)

Congrats to you too... you are lucky, you started a month after I did and now we are at the same place

Congratulations!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Haha sorry! I shouldn't have assumed! I think it was because I saw "Jeff" and thought it was a guy.

USCIS

9/23/2013: Sent I-130 petition to Chicago Lockbox through UPS
9/25/2013: I-130 delivered by UPS (Priority Date)

9/26/2013: NOA1

3/04/2014: Transferred to NSC

4/17/2014: NOA2

4/23/2014: Case shipped to NVC

NVC

5/05/2014: Case arrived at NVC

5/29/2014: Case number and IIN received

6/06/2014: DS-261 available and completed

6/09/2014: AOS fee invoiced and paid

6/10/2014: AOS fee shows as "paid"

6/16/2014: Date NVC is going by for DS-261 because I "re-opened" it

6/24/2014: AOS package sent

7/02/2014: AOS package scanned in

8/14/2014: AOS package approved (false checklist email for DS-261)
8/19/2014: DS-261 accepted

8/21/2014: IV fee invoiced and paid

8/22/2014: DS-260 available

8/25/2014: DS-260 submitted

8/25/2014: IV package sent

8/28/2014: IV package scanned

10/23/2014: CASE COMPLETE

CONSULATE
11/03/2014: Interview scheduled

12/01/2014: Medical and biometrics appointments

12/02/2014: Interview
12/02/2014: APPROVED!!!

I-751

11/21/2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

11/28/2016: NOA I-797

12/02/2016: Biometrics appointment issued

12/22/2016: Biometrics appointment

Timeline

Seems like NVC is usually slow at the beginning of the month, but towards the last week they finally wake up and start checking the packages.

Last time the guy told me my documents are under review, by which I'm sure he meant that they're in the system. I doubt it meant that they are actually reviewing it cuz I would have gotten an email about it if anything. Gotta wait it out :clock:

what did you have to email them about? Did you have spelling error in your name too? What did they email you?

No error or anything. It just i want to enroll our case for an email. I just send our email address.

Begin National Visa Center Processing

Translation - Español (.pdf)

Welcome to the next stages of the immigrant visa process with the National Visa Center (NVC). You have come to this webpage because you received a letter or email from the NVC directing you here after the NVC received your approved petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

At this time, you need to determine:

Email communication options

Your point of contact for all correspondence from the NVC concerning your case

Important Notice

If you plan to apply for a Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver you must submit proof of payment of your IV application fee with your provisional waiver Form I-601A application to USCIS. After you pay the IV application fee online, you can print your payment confirmation from the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC). Visit the webpage, Provisional WaiverNVC FAQs for more information. A Spanish translation is available here. USCIS will notify the NVC that you have applied for a provisional unlawful presence waiver.

Use Email Communication

The immigrant visa application process requires several exchanges of correspondence between the NVC and the parties to each petition. The NVC strongly recommends email as the quickest, most reliable, and most secure way to communicate, following the instructions below.

How to Enroll Your Case for Email

To establish email communication, an applicant, agent, or petitioner must enroll the case by sending an email to nvcinquiry@state.gov.

When composing the email, include:

For any petition: all email addresses which will receive electronic correspondence.

For family-based petitions: the applicant's full name, email address, and date of birth; the petitioner's full name, email address, and date of birth; and the name, email address, and postal address of the attorney of record, if applicable.

For employment-based petitions: the name and address of the sponsoring employer.

The NVC will then stop sending paper letters and instead send email messages to the email address from which the message came and every other email address included in the message.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

FINALLY got the invoice for my IV fees... WOOT WOOT!!!! :dancing::dancing:

I got the email at about 7:45 pm, obviously they weren't working at that time so somebody must have unlocked them earlier today.

SO I rushed home and paid the fees, now this is what my summary screen looks like:

CHOICE OF ADDRESS & AGENT (DS-261)

COMPLETED

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (AOS)

Role: Petitioner/Primary Sponsor

Affidavit of Support Fee: PAID

Affidavit of Support Documents and Financial Evidence: N/A

APPLICANT INFORMATION

IV Fee: IN PROCESS

IV Application: NOT STARTED

Civil Documents: N/A

So from what I understand, when the IV fee changes from "In Process" to "Paid" then I can complete my DS260, and when my Affidavit of support fee changes from "Paid" to "N/A" then it is a sign of a possible case complete.

From those who are farther along, are there any other signs I should be on the lookout for on this page?

SOOOO excited for things FINALLY to be moving again!!!!

:clock: i'm still waiting....

27-09-2013: MARRIED :)

USCIS

23-10-2013: Filed I-130 (TSC)
17-05-2014: NOA2 I-130 Approved!

NVC
02-06-2014: Case arrived at NVC
20-06-2014: Case # and IIN assigned
07-07-2014: DS-261 submitted
08-07-2014: AOS fee invoiced
09-07-2014: AOS fee paid

09-07-2014: NVC said they rec'd DS-261
11-07-2014: AOS package emailed

05-08-2014: IV package emailed
03-09-2014: IV fee invoiced
03-09-2014: IV fee paid

04-09-2014: DS-260 completed

09-09-2014: Checklist Received (I-864ez form, income)
12-09-2014: checklist sent (LAST SCAN DATE)

06-11-2014: Case Complete

Last Leg of the Journey

17-11-2014: Medical (Dr Mascarenhas - Toronto)
18-12-2014: Interview (APPROVED :) )

23-12-2014: Visa Received

24-12-2014: POE (Ambassador Bridge, Detroit-about 35mins processing)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Everyone, Just filling out our i864. Do we need to include petitioner's current income (income of year 2014) exactly including cents? or can we just round it up to approximate value? We have petitioner's last 3 years' tax returns but do not know how much current year's income is going to be in exact amount.

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I have a question does any one experience a long delay with NVC. Our case been there since June 20th and still not in the system, it is way out of processing time ( 30 business day) but they haven't entered in the system. Just wonder if anybody facing the same problem. I am just frustrated I can't get clear answer from them why it is not in the system yet. ( My case is I-130). Any comment or help will be really appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.