Saylin

NVC Filers - August 2014

5,163 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
yes! i just called ! and they confirmed my aos checklist :( , and the lady told me again that i can send it with the aos cover sheet , but I'd like to know if someone sent it without the copy of the letter ( aos checklist) .
still waiting for the checklist email :/

Timeline

Why not call NVC again so as to be sure. I hope the NVC rep you spoke with didn't give you a false news about you having checklist. I don't trust NVC reps

thanks EOCever

yes! i just called ! and they confirmed my aos checklist :( , and the lady told me again that i can send it with the aos cover sheet , but I'd like to know if someone sent it without the copy of the letter ( aos checklist) .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Someone from the facebook group got a case complete. Scan date July 7th

Oh thank God!!!

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Timeline

guys , when you sent the checklist correction to NVC is necessary include a copy of the letter ( checklist email) ? or not ?

please i hope your answers :/

Timeline

guys , when you sent the checklist correction to NVC is necessary include a copy of the letter ( checklist email) ? or not ?

Yes, they ask you to include the letter and the letter itself comes with a cover sheet. Please wait for the email. Mine took 3 business days from the time it was reviewed but I also had Saturday and Sunday inbetween that so all in all, I'd wait about 5 days or so.

Plus sometimes they do not give you accurate information about what the checklist is for. You're better off waiting for a couple more days now than to delay the process another 60 days after it's reviewed.

Just my two cents on this :)

I sent a correction without even getting a checklist so you will be fine. They will review it like every other piece of mail.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

I didn't include the checklist itself and got through just fine. Make sure you send it with a copy of the barcoded cover sheet though so it gets added to your case.

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (Spouse)

USCIS:

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-130:

03-09-2013: Marriage in Australia

07-11-2013: NOA1

03-19-2014: NOA2

08-12-2014: Case Complete

09-09-2014: Interview in Sydney, Australia. APPROVED!

01-28-2015: POE - LAX

I-751:

11-03-2016: i751 package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The first officer was correct. At least I was told the same information (albeit after I already sent the thing in, I called because I worried I was wrong, he assured me I was right) We called today and they told us they received it the same day we sent it! It's very strange though. Sorry that they're confusing!! :x

We sent ours August 5th. So it's been over a week now so maybe wait a week. They'll probably tell you they received it the day you sent it but they just haven't fully looked. I hear the phone operators can't actually look at the email system so they do not know anything yet probably!

Thanks for the clarification Mandiimoose. That what I thought! These people make us go nuts :clock:

The first officer was correct. At least I was told the same information (albeit after I already sent the thing in, I called because I worried I was wrong, he assured me I was right) We called today and they told us they received it the same day we sent it! It's very strange though. Sorry that they're confusing!! :x

We sent ours August 5th. So it's been over a week now so maybe wait a week. They'll probably tell you they received it the day you sent it but they just haven't fully looked. I hear the phone operators can't actually look at the email system so they do not know anything yet probably!

Thanks for the clarification Mandiimoose. Thats what I thought! These people make us go nuts :clock:

Timeline

if you just sent AOS to them, the operator won't know if they got your package or not cause they do not have the access. it won't appear on their system. Until you receive an email from NVC stating that you are successfully opt-in to EP, then you can call to confirm they got your AOS or not. that's when it is shown on the operator's system.

but after that, when you send in IV, the operator will know right away if they get ur package or not.

I sent in my AOS on 5/20, I called 6/9, the operator said they haven't rec'd my package and i thought it was lost. but 6/11, I rec'd the email from NVC stating im opt-in EP. So I called them again on 6/13, they told me they rec'd my package on 6/11 and it was under review.

But when I sent in my aos checklist 6/25, IV on 6.27 and filled in ds260 on 7/2. I called, operator told me the scan/receive date is 6/25, 6/29(cause 6.27 was friday so rec'd on monday) and 7/2.

Thank you for the clarification - These NVC reps need some training before answering client inquiries.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hey guys .. NVC Emailed us that the processing time for IV and AOS pacakge is minimum 60 business days .. are they telling right ?

Its 60 calendar days NOT 60 business days. It might be on or before the 60 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Just booked my flights for a holiday in Belgium for 10 days in October!! My sweet gal will join me for at least 5 of them. Yay!!! The wait seems to melt away now that I know when I will actually be seeing my wife!! Hopefully by then we will have everything submitted and waiting for the CC.

I am the USC Petitioner. My wonderful wife Laura is from Scotland.

10.27.2013 ~ Married

01.23.2014 ~ I-130 sent

01.29.2014 ~ NOA1

06.02.2014 ~ APPROVED!!! NOA2

06.05.2014 ~ Shipped to NVC

06.13.2014 ~ Case received by NVC

07.03.2014 ~ Case number assigned by NVC

07.21.2014 ~ Submitted DS-261

07.24.2014 ~ AoS Invoice available, paid

07.25.2014 ~ AoS Invoice shows paid

07.30.2014 ~ AoS package mailed USPS Priority

07.31.2014 ~ Checked CEAC website 47 times

08.01.2014 ~ USPS tracking shows AoS delivered

09.17.2014 ~ IV invoice available

Timeline

Just booked my flights for a holiday in Belgium for 10 days in October!! My sweet gal will join me for at least 5 of them. Yay!!! The wait seems to melt away now that I know when I will actually be seeing my wife!! Hopefully by then we will have everything submitted and waiting for the CC.

Awwww have fun!! :)

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Timeline

Got an email from NVC with my case number and IIN number!!!

Finally can start this leg of the process and then curse the 60 days review timeline hahaha

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.