Saylin

NVC Filers - August 2014

5,163 posts in this topic

Yes all documents are gone. I also saw a case in fb where expedite got approved but documents had not reached embassy so it actually caused a delay although visa was approved. But what I have seen here and what the operator at Nvc told me is that there is no way to get documents reviewing expedited but ur interview will be scheduled sooner if expedited. Isn't that what happens?

That's true, but the visa won't get approved until they get their documents. Sometimes the Embassy won't schedule the interview because it's an incomplete package.

Personally, if they already have your documents and the expedite is not really an emergency, just wait for NVC. I know it's hard, but you could end up causing more delays.

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just make sure you attach documentation and do a letter to them and PLEADDDDDDDD your case. It cant hurt. the worse they can say is no and then your right where you are now. You don't lose anything.

Yes I don't think there is anything to lose! Thankyou Chrissyb :)

That's true, but the visa won't get approved until they get their documents. Sometimes the Embassy won't schedule the interview because it's an incomplete package.

Personally, if they already have your documents and the expedite is not really an emergency, just wait for NVC. I know it's hard, but you could end up causing more delays.

Hmm let me ask my husband what he thinks. I m sure he will say the same thing that they wouldn't approve it or that it's a waste of time. But let's see. We are pretty desperate right now for any glimmer of hope.

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Yes I don't think there is anything to lose! Thankyou Chrissyb :)

Hmm let me ask my husband what he thinks. I m sure he will say the same thing that they wouldn't approve it or that it's a waste of time. But let's see. We are pretty desperate right now for any glimmer of hope.

Over the last 5 months, I've seen so many people in this thread get desperate and panic and cause themselves more delays.

I understand you want this to be over, but is it worth the risk?

oprahbees.gif

Timeline

Over the last 5 months, I've seen so many people in this thread get desperate and panic and cause themselves more delays.

I understand you want this to be over, but is it worth the risk?

Hmmm when u put it this way it does sound pretty risky. Honestly speaking I didn't want to make my husband hopeful about this and then being disappointed again. I made him so hopeful about Nvc that I feel it's my fault that he has gotten so frustrated. So the operator at Nvc told me that both beneficiary and petetioner can submit expedite request it doesn't matter. So at first I was thinking of doig it myself and not telling him. But I think it is really risky from what u r telling me. What would u have done after 15 months of waiting and marriage at a really scary point? :(:cry:

NOA1- 6-6-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi Fellow NVC Waiters.

I have a question - can you help, please?

Yesterday I found out my IIN and case number by calling the NVC, so I followed Saylin's links to both the DS-261 and to AOS payment. Since the numbers were just assigned yesterday (the operator told me they'd just been entered into the system that morning, so I have not yet received any correspondence from the NVC outside of the phone call I initiated), I have not been billed yet and thus cannot pay. My question is, though, am I allowed to fill out the DS-261 now or do I have to wait until receiving the instructions from the NVC?

Thanks very much in advance!

Hmmm when u put it this way it does sound pretty risky. Honestly speaking I didn't want to make my husband hopeful about this and then being disappointed again. I made him so hopeful about Nvc that I feel it's my fault that he has gotten so frustrated. So the operator at Nvc told me that both beneficiary and petetioner can submit expedite request it doesn't matter. So at first I was thinking of doig it myself and not telling him. But I think it is really risky from what u r telling me. What would u have done after 15 months of waiting and marriage at a really scary point? :(:cry:

Unless it was a life & death emergency, I wouldn't do it, honestly. NVC doesn't approve expedites, the Embassy approves them. After seeing what my friends are going through, it's not worth the headache and delay.

There are 4 people I know who applied for expedites after submitting their documents (they were still in queue to be reviewed), the expedites were approved and for 3 of them the Embassies report the packages they received from NVC were incomplete (the 4th got hers approved around CC so that was luck of the draw).

oprahbees.gif

Timeline

Unless it was a life & death emergency, I wouldn't do it, honestly. NVC doesn't approve expedites, the Embassy approves them. After seeing what my friends are going through, it's not worth the headache and delay.

There are 4 people I know who applied for expedites after submitting their documents (they were still in queue to be reviewed), the expedites were approved and for 3 of them the Embassies report the packages they received from NVC were incomplete (the 4th got hers approved around CC so that was luck of the draw).

And expedites also don't allow to bring checklist to the interview? I mean people who are expedited are also required to go thru same delay with checklist?

Hi Fellow NVC Waiters.

I have a question - can you help, please?

Yesterday I found out my IIN and case number by calling the NVC, so I followed Saylin's links to both the DS-261 and to AOS payment. Since the numbers were just assigned yesterday (the operator told me they'd just been entered into the system that morning, so I have not yet received any correspondence from the NVC outside of the phone call I initiated), I have not been billed yet and thus cannot pay. My question is, though, am I allowed to fill out the DS-261 now or do I have to wait until receiving the instructions from the NVC?

Thanks very much in advance!

U don't have to wait. Fill it as soon as it is available!

NOA1- 6-6-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

And expedites also don't allow to bring checklist to the interview? I mean people who are expedited are also required to go thru same delay with checklist?

U don't have to wait. Fill it as soon as it is available!

I'm not sure about the check list. One of my friends has her husband's IV documents in queue at NVC (also got a AOS check list), but when her expedite was approved, they did not shuffle through the pending mail and pull out their IV documents, so she needs to get new originals for the entire IV package and bring that to interview. She's bringing the corrected AOS to interview.

oprahbees.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just called NVC to check the status of 2 cases that I sent for my kids. They said that they received the documents on June 26th. That has been almost 33 business days!!! Cases are not completed yet. :clock:

Timeline

I'm not sure about the check list. One of my friends has her husband's IV documents in queue at NVC (also got a AOS check list), but when her expedite was approved, they did not shuffle through the pending mail and pull out their IV documents, so she needs to get new originals for the entire IV package and bring that to interview. She's bringing the corrected AOS to interview.

Hmmm. Thankyou for the thoughts bdrew! Really appreciate it. I will I think wait till our AOS gets reviewed. I m sure we will be checklisted for giving sponsor's returns only without w2 and 1099. So I just wished that we had the option of bringing that to interview. But I think I will already wait till they review our AOS. Thankyou so much :) Edited by samreen23

NOA1- 6-6-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

Does anyone know, if my daughter's case will be completed much earlier than mine, will NVC wait for my case to me completed to schedule an interview? We called NVC to let them know that these two cases are related.

our I-130 petitions were approved several months apart. I just think if I should wait a bit sending her DS-260 and IV docs. I just want it to be the same interview day for both of us as it's a really long travel to the embassy.

Edited by Antre

I-130 filed - 30/01/213
I-130 approved - 30/10/213 Error in I-130
I-824 filed 24/03/2014
I-824 approved 21/06/201
NVC case number - 29/07/2014
DS 261sent, AOS fee paid - 30/07/2014
AOS sent - 05/08/2014

IV invoice received and paid - 09/10/2014

DS 260, IV documents sent - 09/13/2014

Case Complete - 09/30/2014

waiting for the daughter's CC (checklist Oct 01/2014, Second checklist - Dec 03/2014)

Interview letter received Dec. 04

Medical scheduled Dec. 23

Interview date Jan. 23

Just woke up to find my IV Fee invoice in my inbox! What a great surprise. Now I'm just waiting for it to update on the website and I'll pay it right away.

So for those who are waiting for their DS-261 to be accepted and for their IV fee invoice, just keep calling them.

Now on to the next phase.

USCIS

03/28/2014 - I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox

04/07/2014 - USCIS Received I-130 form

04/08/2014 - I-130 NOA1 and transferred to California Service Center (email) (11 days)

04/17/2014 - Received NOA1 in the mail from California Service Center (hardcopy) (8 days)

04/24/2014 - I-130 Approved NOA2 (case number updated on the website 4:50pm) (17 days)

05/20/2014 - Received NOA2 in the mail from California Service Center (hardcopy) (27 days)

NVC

06/09/2014 - Case number, INN, BNN Received (21 days)

06/09/2014 - DS-261 available and completed (21 days)

06/09/2014 - AOS fee invoice and paid (21 days)

08/13/2014 - IV fee invoice and paid (65 days)

08/28/2014 - AOS Package sent to NVC

09/03/2014 - DS-260 online form completed

09/08/2014 - AOS Package delivered to NVC

09/08/2014 - AOS Package Scanned

09/10/2014 - IV Package sent to NVC

09/15/2014 - IV Package Scanned

11/17/2014 - Called NVC was told a supervisor is reviewing my case and it could take up to 42 days :(

11/19/2014 - Called NVC and was informed that expedite request was approved. Waiting for NVC to review and send paperwork to Sydney.

11/20/2014 - Website shows AOS N/A N/A which means it's possibly accepted. (Unconfirmed)

11/20/2014 - Called NVC and was informed of Case Complete!!

Medical - Scheduled for Dec 16th 2014

Interview

12/3/2014 - Email received with interview appointment for December 9th 2014

12/9/2014 - Interview went well but not approved because of birth certificate name change. Approval after fingerprint police form.

12/30/2014 - Medical and police check sent to embassy

Visa issued Jan 5th 2015 :D

5.5 months in NVC

8.5 months total

Timeline

So I just called nvc. Needed to vent lol. The guy named 'don' actually was pretty nice and the way he spoke was like a robot lol that was funny. Documents not reviewed Ofcourse. But I said to him why nvc put people who filed in 2013 with people of 2014 in the same box. He said u should try expediting ur case and told me the process. And then he said that the backlog u r talking about isn't really that bad since we just increased 2 weeks in the processing times and we are already trying to overcome that and u have come so far so u r just 3 weeks away from response. It's just weird the way he was speaking calmed me down. I thanked him.

Edited by samreen23

NOA1- 6-6-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

Congrats on your speedy USCIS experience! I hope your luck continues in NVC. I have been one of the unfortunate ones stuck in both backlogs, but this whole this is just so unpredictable. Funny to think I could have waited a year to submit my I-130 and still be exactly where I am today. Funny the way it works. I can only hope that forces beyond my control have decided it is not time for me to go yet. There must be something I have to experience, learn or contribute to here first. (Trying HARD to look on the bright side). I try to stop myself from complaining when I realise I am with my husband here, I cannot begin to imagine this process apart. My heart goes out to all of those separated. (L)

Oh, same here. we filed our i-130 18 months ago and still at the beginning of the NVC process.

I keep asking myself what lesson should i learn from this experience?? Each step makes me so nervous I as expect any obstacle that might delay it even further.

My husband tries to come visit us as often as he can. and I am just exercising my patience and always happy to see people getting approved. That gives me hope that on day i will be there.

I-130 filed - 30/01/213
I-130 approved - 30/10/213 Error in I-130
I-824 filed 24/03/2014
I-824 approved 21/06/201
NVC case number - 29/07/2014
DS 261sent, AOS fee paid - 30/07/2014
AOS sent - 05/08/2014

IV invoice received and paid - 09/10/2014

DS 260, IV documents sent - 09/13/2014

Case Complete - 09/30/2014

waiting for the daughter's CC (checklist Oct 01/2014, Second checklist - Dec 03/2014)

Interview letter received Dec. 04

Medical scheduled Dec. 23

Interview date Jan. 23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.