Saylin

NVC Filers - August 2014

5,163 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Your timeline in very similar to mine! Hopefully that means they received my email too :o

I just think that it is strange that I sent the e-mail on the 4th and they say that they got an e-mail on the 6th. That is pretty slow for something that is near instant. Oh well.

Now the wait for them to actually look at it!

USCIS------------------

May 16, 2014: NOA1

June 10, 2014 : NOA2(email)

June 18,2014 : NOA2 Hard copy received

NVC------------------

June 26, 2014 : Case received

July 10, 2014 : Got Case number/IIN (by phone)

July 25, 2014 : Got Case number/IIN e-mail

July 26, 2014 : DS-261 Completed

July 30, 2014 : AOS Invoiced and paid

August 2, 2014 : AOS status "PAID"

August 4, 2014 : AOS Package e-mailed

August 6, 2014 : AOS Package received by NVC

August 6, 2014 : AOS Package scanned into the system

Sept 10, 2014 : IV Fee Invoiced and paid

August 29, 2014 : IV Package e-mailed

Sept 4, 2014 : IV Package scanned into the system

Sept 11, 2014 : submit DS-260

Sept 26, 2014 : Case Completed

Oct 3,2014 : Interview scheduled

Oct 21, 2014 : medical

Nov 18,2014 : Interview

Timeline

Yes Aug 06 will be considered your scan date. I am doing EP and sent in my documents AOS and IV on July 10 (2 separate emails). I got an email from them only on the AOS documents saying they have received them and when I got the email about the 60 days to review paperwork it said that my scan date was July 10. So my assumption (as i have never called NVC) that the day you send the email is considered your "official" scan date. If you feel the need, you can call them up.

HI,
I called today and they said that they got my 261 on July 27th and that they got an e-mail from me on August 6th. That e-mail will be my AOS docs using EP. My question is: will I get an e-mail when they actually open the e-mail and add it to my file? What date do I use for documents scanned when I am using EP?
Thanks

Timeline

Yes Aug 06 will be considered your scan date. I am doing EP and sent in my documents AOS and IV on July 10 (2 separate emails). I got an email from them only on the AOS documents saying they have received them and when I got the email about the 60 days to review paperwork it said that my scan date was July 10. So my assumption (as i have never called NVC) that the day you send the email is considered your "official" scan date. If you feel the need, you can call them up.

Thanks

USCIS------------------

May 16, 2014: NOA1

June 10, 2014 : NOA2(email)

June 18,2014 : NOA2 Hard copy received

NVC------------------

June 26, 2014 : Case received

July 10, 2014 : Got Case number/IIN (by phone)

July 25, 2014 : Got Case number/IIN e-mail

July 26, 2014 : DS-261 Completed

July 30, 2014 : AOS Invoiced and paid

August 2, 2014 : AOS status "PAID"

August 4, 2014 : AOS Package e-mailed

August 6, 2014 : AOS Package received by NVC

August 6, 2014 : AOS Package scanned into the system

Sept 10, 2014 : IV Fee Invoiced and paid

August 29, 2014 : IV Package e-mailed

Sept 4, 2014 : IV Package scanned into the system

Sept 11, 2014 : submit DS-260

Sept 26, 2014 : Case Completed

Oct 3,2014 : Interview scheduled

Oct 21, 2014 : medical

Nov 18,2014 : Interview

Timeline

Go, go, go :P:rofl:

Have fun with the Montreal airport ;) That's where I was first denied :lol: But I was a noob back then, so they had every reason to deny me. Funny enough, last summer when I went to Canada and was returning to the US, I got the same officer that had denied me back in 2010. He recognized me too :blink: I had an expired green card at the time (was in the process of ROC, of course!), so there was some extra steps he needed to do. But otherwise, a much nicer experience than the first time with him! :jest:

I was probably so excited that I made so many written mistakes when I posted (promise I didn't start drinking yet) :rofl: I was denied at the same POE as you, I hope I don't get the same officer and I hope he doesn't recognize me :angry: .....Thanks again, I paid the extortion fee :thumbs:

Dated my husband for 7 years

Married July 29,2013

USCIS

August 21st, 2013: NOA 1

February 21st, 2014: Transferred to California

March 4th, 2014: NOA 2

March 8th, 2014: NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 14, 2014 Case received by NVC

April 14, 2014: Case number, IIN and BIN assigned :dancing:

April 21, 2014: AOS & IV Bill Invoiced & Paid

April 21, 2014: EP enrollment sent

April 24, 2014 : AOS Bill showing paid

April 25, 2014 : IV Bill showing paid

April 29, 2014: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

May 22, 2014: EP enrollment confirmation received

May 27, 2014: Completed DS-260 & email IV package

June 2, 2014: AOS reviewed and approved

June 19, 2014: Sent missing document (mistake made by paralegal) :ranting:

July 1, 2014: Case Complete! :dance:

July 9, 2014: Received CC email

July 9, 2014-Interview August 18 received date by phone :dance:
July 10,2014-Consulate Received

July 16, 2014: Re-schedule interview for August 5th
July 16, 2014-Medical
August 5, 2014-Interview Visa approved :dancing::dancing:
August 8, 2014 -Visa in Hand :dance: :dance:

POE Montreal: August 11, 2014 :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

they sent you email and notify you that they have rec'd your doc? I never got email from them :cry::cry::cry::cry: I had to call them to check....

but I got 60 days email... :wow:

Form I-130
9/9/2013: Married

10/21/2013: APPLICATION SENT

10/23/2013: NOA1

4/1/2014: NOA2

8/14/2014: Case Complete

10/20/2014: POE EXACT A YEAR!

Form I-751: Remove the Conditions on Residence

7/27/2016: Application Sent

8/1/2016: NOA1 - CSC 

10/18/2016: Biometrics

12/1/2017: Received RFE

12/7/2017: additional evidence sent and delivered 

2/2/2018: Green card mailed! Status changed! 

Finger Crossed! 

I was probably so excited that I made so many written mistakes when I posted (promise I didn't start drinking yet) :rofl: I was denied at the same POE as you, I hope I don't get the same officer and I hope he doesn't recognize me :angry: .....Thanks again, I paid the extortion fee :thumbs:

Glad you paid the fee :thumbs:

I wonder if we got the same officer? :huh2::lol: Do you happen to know his name? I still have all the paperwork with their names :devil:

Timeline

Congratulations. I am so happy for you.

I have a question for you though -- are you taking more than your clothes etc……are you allowed to take furniture, electronics, etc when you cross the border as an immigrant, without any extra taxes or duties imposed on you?

I am asking this because eventually when i do move to the US, I want to take some really nice things i bought here (mostly furniture and some really cool electronics). is that duty free or so we have to pay duty on it? Would you happen to know or be aware of it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Also probably off topic for this thread, but this wait and all the disappointment have really really gotten me down (as most of you understand all too well) With the receipt of the 60 day email I have been forced to cancel our US wedding celebration (invites were already out) And although you guys are awesome and this site is super helpful; I have been super obsessed! And checking VJ every 10 minutes at work doesn't make the NVC move any faster haha.

So I talked to my job and they are going to let me take a mixture of leave/ work remotely from Peru!!! I am going in September and staying until hopefully after our interview! I am so so happy, and the wait seems so much more bearable now, because at least I will be with my husband. Just wanted to share some rare good news

As always, good luck to all.

USCIS

1-130 received 12/6/13

NOA 1: 12/9/13

NOA 2: 5/20/14

NVC

Case Number assigned: 6/20/14 (called and operator to find out, still unable to log in)

FINALLY able to log in, DS-261 available: 7/7/14

DS-261 completed: 7/7/14

AOS Fee Invoiced : 7/9/14

AOS Fee Paid: 7/9/14

AOS Fee shows as paid in CEAC: 7/11/14

AOS packet sent: 7/11/14 (via FedEx, guaranteed delivery by Monday, 7/14/14)

AOS packet delivered (per FedEx tracking): 7/14/14

IV Invoiced and paid: 7/14/14

IV Invoice shows as paid and DS-260 available: 7/15/14

DS-260 submitted: 7/15/14

IV packet sent: 7/17 (via FedEx overnight, guaranteed delivery by Friday, 7/18)

AOS Packet scanned in: 7/17 (found out via phone call)

IV packet scanned in: 7/22

AOS APPROVED!! 9/9

Case Complete: 9/11

Interview Scheduled: 10/3/14

Interview: 11/10/14

Timeline

I am sorry that they never got back to you. They replied back to me in 24 hours. Though I sent one extra document on July 11 for my IV packet. Never heard back. So who knows what the hell NVC is doing….

they sent you email and notify you that they have rec'd your doc? I never got email from them :cry::cry::cry::cry: I had to call them to check....

but I got 60 days email... :wow:

I have a question for you though -- are you taking more than your clothes etc……are you allowed to take furniture, electronics, etc when you cross the border as an immigrant, without any extra taxes or duties imposed on you?

I am asking this because eventually when i do move to the US, I want to take some really nice things i bought here (mostly furniture and some really cool electronics). is that duty free or so we have to pay duty on it? Would you happen to know or be aware of it?

You can bring your furniture and electronics duty-free, no problem :yes:

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

OH…i am so sorry …i know…i sincerely believe I will have to join AA :rofl: when i get to the USA…

I am glad you can take tim off and go be with your husband. Enjoy the time. It will all go smoothly.

Also probably off topic for this thread, but this wait and all the disappointment have really really gotten me down (as most of you understand all too well) With the receipt of the 60 day email I have been forced to cancel our US wedding celebration (invites were already out) And although you guys are awesome and this site is super helpful; I have been super obsessed! And checking VJ every 10 minutes at work doesn't make the NVC move any faster haha.

So I talked to my job and they are going to let me take a mixture of leave/ work remotely from Peru!!! I am going in September and staying until hopefully after our interview! I am so so happy, and the wait seems so much more bearable now, because at least I will be with my husband. Just wanted to share some rare good news

As always, good luck to all.

Timeline

thanks saylin…though does it have to be the first time itself. Like say you crossed the border first time and then a few months later you got to sell your condo and then wanted to come take your stuff? sorry i know this isn't the thread to ask such questions…but like most other people i am just waiting to hear back… :clock: … and rather than fret about what i cannot control i am concentrating on positive far ahead thinking.. :idea:

You can bring your furniture and electronics duty-free, no problem :yes:

Timeline

Glad you paid the fee :thumbs:

I wonder if we got the same officer? :huh2::lol: Do you happen to know his name? I still have all the paperwork with their names :devil:

His name is Jorge Garcia JR...lol

Thanks, yours is coming too (F) I am not bringing anything except my clothes, but I think you are allowed!

Dated my husband for 7 years

Married July 29,2013

USCIS

August 21st, 2013: NOA 1

February 21st, 2014: Transferred to California

March 4th, 2014: NOA 2

March 8th, 2014: NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 14, 2014 Case received by NVC

April 14, 2014: Case number, IIN and BIN assigned :dancing:

April 21, 2014: AOS & IV Bill Invoiced & Paid

April 21, 2014: EP enrollment sent

April 24, 2014 : AOS Bill showing paid

April 25, 2014 : IV Bill showing paid

April 29, 2014: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

May 22, 2014: EP enrollment confirmation received

May 27, 2014: Completed DS-260 & email IV package

June 2, 2014: AOS reviewed and approved

June 19, 2014: Sent missing document (mistake made by paralegal) :ranting:

July 1, 2014: Case Complete! :dance:

July 9, 2014: Received CC email

July 9, 2014-Interview August 18 received date by phone :dance:
July 10,2014-Consulate Received

July 16, 2014: Re-schedule interview for August 5th
July 16, 2014-Medical
August 5, 2014-Interview Visa approved :dancing::dancing:
August 8, 2014 -Visa in Hand :dance: :dance:

POE Montreal: August 11, 2014 :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am sorry that they never got back to you. They replied back to me in 24 hours. Though I sent one extra document on July 11 for my IV packet. Never heard back. So who knows what the hell NVC is doing….

yes, it's weird...I got auto response when I sent my AOS doc which said they were out of office....I sent AOS doc twice...so idk when they review it. one is 5.20, one is 5.30. so I would think they used 5.20 for scan date, cause I got checklist on 6.25, so that's nearly 30 days..

now my IV scan/rec'd date is 7/1, 6/25 for aos checklist response....but after 30 business I called them, they said 'ma'am, you gotta wait 60 days...count 60 days from 7/1" :sleepy::sleepy: :sleepy: FML :ranting::ranting:

Good luck

Form I-130
9/9/2013: Married

10/21/2013: APPLICATION SENT

10/23/2013: NOA1

4/1/2014: NOA2

8/14/2014: Case Complete

10/20/2014: POE EXACT A YEAR!

Form I-751: Remove the Conditions on Residence

7/27/2016: Application Sent

8/1/2016: NOA1 - CSC 

10/18/2016: Biometrics

12/1/2017: Received RFE

12/7/2017: additional evidence sent and delivered 

2/2/2018: Green card mailed! Status changed! 

Finger Crossed! 

thanks saylin…though does it have to be the first time itself. Like say you crossed the border first time and then a few months later you got to sell your condo and then wanted to come take your stuff? sorry i know this isn't the thread to ask such questions…but like most other people i am just waiting to hear back… :clock: … and rather than fret about what i cannot control i am concentrating on positive far ahead thinking.. :idea:

Hmm, not to sure on that. I'd suggest looking on the CBP website and/or call them about that.

His name is Jorge Garcia JR...lol

[...]

Hmmm, that name sounds familiar. I'll have to wait until I get home to check the paperwork though to see if that was his name. That'd be funny if we were both denied by the same officer at the airport!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.