shootersix66

VAC vs OFC

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Depends on city... VAC is where you can submit docs to apply for visa, OFC is where you give photo and fingerprints... if embassy/consulate is in same city as VAC, VAC serves as both OFC and VAC. For example in Delhi since embassy is there, VAC at nehru place serves as OFC as well as VAC, but in Jalandhar only VAC is available ...

Timeline

My fiance is going to the mumbai consulate.

OFC

Trade Center, Gr. Floor, G Block,

Bandra kurla Complex,Opp. MTNL Bldg,
Bandra East, Mumbai,400051
Interview
U.S.Consulate General Mumbai, C-49, G-Block
Bandra Kurla Complex, Opp.Trident Hotel, Bandra
East.
Mumbai,400051
DOCUMENT DELIVERY INFORMATION:

Do I need to do anything to register for the VAC or am I done with the scheduling?

Timeline

so if you scheduled both the appointments 1) for OFC 2) for interview.. thats it.. on the day of appointment, she will need to carry passport and appointment letter printout...

BTW OFC in mumbai does not allow even car keys being taken inside... if she has things like those, she can deposit in private lockers available for 100 rs in the next lane..

US consulate is about a km from OFC which she will visit for interview..

Timeline

so if you scheduled both the appointments 1) for OFC 2) for interview.. thats it.. on the day of appointment, she will need to carry passport and appointment letter printout...

BTW OFC in mumbai does not allow even car keys being taken inside... if she has things like those, she can deposit in private lockers available for 100 rs in the next lane..

US consulate is about a km from OFC which she will visit for interview..

Thank you. So, I don't need to worry about VAC right? They make this process so confusing (at least for me).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you. So, I don't need to worry about VAC right? They make this process so confusing (at least for me).

Don't you have to get the fingerprints done at the OFC/VAC before you go for the interview at the consulate ? Not sure what form K-1 uses but for IR/Cr and F2A one has to take DS 260 to OFC for fingerprints, get that stamped at the OFC center and then bring that to the consulate for interview.

Security at the consulate WILL NOT LET YOU IN without the DS 260 (or equivalent for K-1) with stamp from OFC.

Timeline

Don't you have to get the fingerprints done at the OFC/VAC before you go for the interview at the consulate ? Not sure what form K-1 uses but for IR/Cr and F2A one has to take DS 260 to OFC for fingerprints, get that stamped at the OFC center and then bring that to the consulate for interview.

Security at the consulate WILL NOT LET YOU IN without the DS 260 (or equivalent for K-1) with stamp from OFC.

Yes. I scheduled the OFC appointment the day before the interview. K1 has to fill out a DS 160.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.