N-o-l-a

Backaches, Bimbos, and Breakups

3,033 posts in this topic

I don't know? I've told her to buy a one piece if she's worried, but then she went off and bought another bikini. <shrugs>

She complains about how her clothes fit to. And she's not that fat really. Although she started at a size 00 or 0 when she arrived and now wears a size 2.

I am size 00 or 0 but I am very self-conscious, so I wear tankini.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Oh goodness, skinny Asians complaining about being size 0 or 2. Seriously?

I would say size 8 or 10 and above shouldn't wear bikinis. Personal preference, but I wear either a tank with a skirt or this cute one piece with an extra gathered material in the front that goes down, like a modern take on an old fashioned bathing suit.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

In her home town she'll only wear T-shirt and shorts. But away from there she's taken to wearing a bikini. Her friend was wearing a one piece, but her friend is as old as I am.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Oh goodness, skinny Asians complaining about being size 0 or 2. Seriously?

I would say size 8 or 10 and above shouldn't wear bikinis. Personal preference, but I wear either a tank with a skirt or this cute one piece with an extra gathered material in the front that goes down, like a modern take on an old fashioned bathing suit.

Its a matter of height and frame size with these petite Asians. With my wife being 4'10" and a tiny frame, even a five lbs difference is very noticeable. I would guess she's gained 5 to 7 lbs to get that clothing size change. The average American woman you'd be hard pressed to notice a difference if it was a five lbs change.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

There were other kids in her kindergarten last year that couldn't read with ease. I should clarify that she can read technically, but the question is what can she read... She, like me, just will not do phonetics. I never learned them and have no use for it and despite reading early (like chapter books in kindergarten), I still never really understood phonetics. I have no idea how early I started reading, maybe I should ask my nanny the next time the opportunity presents itself.

I've seen a lot of forward progress over the last year with her and sight words and comfort with writing, she actually 95% had mastered the kindergarten program here! but I chose to have her repeat it because she is so resistant to learn new things. I think it will take all this year to get her so she is top of the class next year.... When I talked to the principal this week,they were very comfortable having her start first grade. She is very emotionally young, though.

I'm going to have to change my tactics with her, she responds really well to tiger mom parenting, LOL! She will be reading chapter books this year, so help me gods.....

Did I mention that I man under a little pressure both sides with this? Everyone, including me, in my mom's family has skipped grades and her father's family is very into academic success. I am in luck that they held her father back in kindergarten and I can use the excuse that she is too young, but I feel like I am failing to meet expectations as a mother here.

Why? She's her. Don't have expectations. She needs to go at HER pace, not anyone else's. Emotionally and academically. As long as she's trying that's all that should matter. It's frustrating, I get it, but through experience I have learned to temper myself and just allow her to be with just the request she tries.

Imo Phonetics are good for learning large words. I can sound out about any word. But everyone learns differently.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Why? She's her. Don't have expectations. She needs to go at HER pace, not anyone else's. Emotionally and academically. As long as she's trying that's all that should matter. It's frustrating, I get it, but through experience I have learned to temper myself and just allow her to be with just the request she tries.

Imo Phonetics are good for learning large words. I can sound out about any word. But everyone learns differently.

agreed, all kids have their own pace. Some are going to be naturally better than others. I have two daughters, one could learn anything fast but was lazy and did poor in school. The other had to work much harder to learn, but did very well in school. The one who worked harder also retained that knowledge better.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

In her home town she'll only wear T-shirt and shorts. But away from there she's taken to wearing a bikini. Her friend was wearing a one piece, but her friend is as old as I am.

lol.. Your wifey feels liberated to wear whatever she wants now that she is in US :P

And now for News Alerts for fellow Twin Cities dwellers:

Arden Hills gas station shooting suspect at-large
ARDEN HILLS, Minn. (KMSP) -

Police are looking for the suspect in a deadly shooting Monday morning at a gas station in Arden Hills, Minn. The shooting was reported just after 9 a.m. at the Holiday station near Highway 96 and Round Lake Road.

According to witnesses, two men were arguing inside of a dark-colored BMW that pulled into the gas station. A backseat passenger got out of the car and started running, at which point the driver got out and shot the passenger in the back, then shot him a second time in the head.

Witnesses said the driver got back into the car and ran over the victim before fleeing the scene. The incident was captured on gas station surveillance cameras, but video and images are not being released at this time.

Police are looking for the dark-colored BMW, with Minnesota license plate 004 EYY.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Holy moly, STOP.

When you get up to a size 10, or more, then I can see being self conscious depending on your shape. I would love a 10 if I had no bumps or bubbles and a flat belly. But even at a size 6 I have those things. Anything smaller than a size 4 and I look anorexic I bet Nola is similar. Bone structure of course, but being a 0 or 00? Trust me no one is saying anything bad beyond "dang you tiny girl!"

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

lol.. Your wifey feels liberated to wear whatever she wants now that she is in US :P

Police are looking for the suspect in a deadly shooting Monday morning at a gas station in Arden Hills, Minn. The shooting was reported just after 9 a.m. at the Holiday station near Highway 96 and Round Lake Road.

According to witnesses, two men were arguing inside of a dark-colored BMW that pulled into the gas station. A backseat passenger got out of the car and started running, at which point the driver got out and shot the passenger in the back, then shot him a second time in the head.

Witnesses said the driver got back into the car and ran over the victim before fleeing the scene. The incident was captured on gas station surveillance cameras, but video and images are not being released at this time.

Police are looking for the dark-colored BMW, with Minnesota license plate 004 EYY.

I'm pretty good at catching shooting suspects....do they want me ta catch him for them?

Wow that hits close to home, and work to for that matter.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I'm pretty good at catching shooting suspects....do they want me ta catch him for them?

Yes please do so.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Photo Bombing Jesus

photboombingjesus_zps3c12a6f0.jpg

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I hate when I go on these reading binges. I've probably read at least 1500-2000 pages in the last 2 days (rough estimate, of course). Kill me now, can't stop reading. I am seriously fitting in family time while reading.

#bookwormproblems?

I am also wondering why people claim that children who grow up in houses full of books and parents that read to them read early? My daughter is still barely reading. :sleepy: She does not share my love of books/reading and it breaks my little heart. My husband thinks I am going above her head with explaining word roots and stuff, but how does one expand one's vocabulary without knowing these things?

I also explain to her algebra and the concept of infinity and light astrophysics.... but how does a mind grow without being challenged, hmm? She is gifted at math, at least.

bah.

I was doing root words at age 3 with both my parents. That was many years prior. So, entymology o words is important (even if'n I canna spell it) and I suggest you keep on it,

as

a child's mind is a sponge, there is no concept of getting over full from ages 18 months to 10 years. The more stuffed in, at earlier age, the better.

Sure, it'll mean also learning martial arts and single-punch kill techniques at early age also, as many bullies are not word-friendly and get p|ssed off by usage.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !