N-o-l-a

Backaches, Bimbos, and Breakups

3,033 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Still exhausted from aftermath of laundress activity and uncharacteristic closet-purging, see man.

Workweek resumes on Monday, sigh man.

Cat prep zzz man.

Mornin', Commie-babes!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I hate when I go on these reading binges. I've probably read at least 1500-2000 pages in the last 2 days (rough estimate, of course). Kill me now, can't stop reading. I am seriously fitting in family time while reading.

#bookwormproblems?

I am also wondering why people claim that children who grow up in houses full of books and parents that read to them read early? My daughter is still barely reading. :sleepy: She does not share my love of books/reading and it breaks my little heart. My husband thinks I am going above her head with explaining word roots and stuff, but how does one expand one's vocabulary without knowing these things?

I also explain to her algebra and the concept of infinity and light astrophysics.... but how does a mind grow without being challenged, hmm? She is gifted at math, at least.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I explain what a word means, not where it comes from etc... Tessa loves to read but like me, only books that interest her. I wonder sometimes if she understands all the words but I know from asking her she understands what the book is about so in the end, that's what matters. She didn't like reading until about grade 2. I could read at age 3 so I get why you'd be upset but I had to learn to not be worried about her not liking to read much until the end of grade 1.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Where's everyone....

Busy morning at the office. Power outage in the shop, a couple apparently failing UPS's failed to smoothly bring that part of the network up properly. Failed UPS's are now replaced and I no longer have backup UPS's.

Survived the weekend. Road tripping Saturday we went to see the longest cave in Wisconsin. Cave was meh, but the tour guide was entertaining. Then we went to a small town on a river and hung out, wife shopped, and we had dinner. Dinner was meh, but it was nice to eat in view of the river.

In pain... have to pack today... ugh.

husband shipping you back to Canada?

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Tbone, don't care if you talk about boy stuff fyi. So you kinda have to deal with the girly stuff. ;)

The boy stuff guys talk about get our posts deleted and us warned.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I got mine to stop.

We don't need to blindly respect everything in a culture.

Tampo is like the silent treatment. A woman goes out of her way to show how upset she is, and if you ask she says "nothing's wrong". So the man is supposed to kiss her rear end (lambing).

Relationships are so much easier when you can communicate openly and clearly.

I hate drama.

There are times I enjoy my wife's tampo, I get to spend a bit of time playing video games. But mostly its just a pain in the butt and gets in the way of life. She's getting better at limiting this now. I think she's come to realize how childish it is, particularly when she's got a husband who will actually talk to her about her complaints. Sometimes she's got a legit reason to complain, other times not.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Not here, because it would look like "uooc," see ma'am. To communicate with you, we must stand on our heads and type upside-down, see ma'am. Good thing that the Internet language-translators convert from Northern Hemisphere to Australian, oj tak.

səɯıʇ lɐnsnun ʇsoɯ əɥʇ ʇɐ slıɐɟ ʇɐɥʇ səɯıʇəɯos

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

No back to Colorado. He said I was a great wife so I don't think he wants to ship me back.

The boy stuff guys talk about get our posts deleted and us warned.

Okay well I'd get my post deleted and warned if I posted naked pics of boys or girls too... you can't use that as an excuse.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

*RANT* I moved in with my parents for my final few weeks in Sydney. Aw boy has it been fun. Mum has a mental illness (paranoid schizophrenia) and a whole encyclopedia of health issues (epilepsy, left side spastic hemiplegia, and emphysema from smoking a packet of cigarettes a day for the last 30 years). She has short term memory loss, has no idea how old I am, can't identify with "normal" conversation and never asks about hubby-to-be. Ayayay. Sometimes when I talk about him, she says "Right, who's that? When are you going?" She is medicated but still says things not "normal" such as when I talk about my hip, she asks who the doctor is, i tell her, she nods and says she knows him (she doesn't, she's never met them) she says she knows this person from high school and he is a nazi german .......... :blink: This has been my entire life. Hubby-to-be hasn't met her but he is very understanding and knows what the illness entails, nevertheless he is often speechless when I tell him a story from my childhood. I wish, for selfish reasons, that she was "normal" So I could gush over wedding stuff with her.

I can relate. My mother had a break down and it developed into full blown paranoid schizophrenia. That's when my father left and us kids were stuck living in a house with a paranoid schizophrenic who refused to take her medication. She had better and worse time over the years, but she was never again the person she had been before the breakdown. In some ways, I always grieved for my mother who was never really there again, just this stranger who had taken over her body.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

No back to Colorado. He said I was a great wife so I don't think he wants to ship me back.

Okay well I'd get my post deleted and warned if I posted naked pics of boys or girls too... you can't use that as an excuse.

They don't even need to be naked! Heck if I posted a photo of my wife in a bikini it would probably be yanked under the current rules. My wife's friend put up a bunch of picture of us from a long weekend away trip, and my wife was freaking out because she was in her bikini in a bunch of those pictures. She doesn't like how fat she's gotten, but she ain't willing to diet either :lol: It was kind of funny, as she was talking about not caring because she likes to eat, but then at the same time he keeps complaining about how she looks in all the pictures now. I told she either needs to accept it and quit complaining, or lose a few pounds.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

They don't even need to be naked! Heck if I posted a photo of my wife in a bikini it would probably be yanked under the current rules. My wife's friend put up a bunch of picture of us from a long weekend away trip, and my wife was freaking out because she was in her bikini in a bunch of those pictures. She doesn't like how fat she's gotten, but she ain't willing to diet either :lol: It was kind of funny, as she was talking about not caring because she likes to eat, but then at the same time he keeps complaining about how she looks in all the pictures now. I told she either needs to accept it and quit complaining, or lose a few pounds.

Then why wear bikini if you are fat?

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I explain what a word means, not where it comes from etc... Tessa loves to read but like me, only books that interest her. I wonder sometimes if she understands all the words but I know from asking her she understands what the book is about so in the end, that's what matters. She didn't like reading until about grade 2. I could read at age 3 so I get why you'd be upset but I had to learn to not be worried about her not liking to read much until the end of grade 1.

There were other kids in her kindergarten last year that couldn't read with ease. I should clarify that she can read technically, but the question is what can she read... She, like me, just will not do phonetics. I never learned them and have no use for it and despite reading early (like chapter books in kindergarten), I still never really understood phonetics. I have no idea how early I started reading, maybe I should ask my nanny the next time the opportunity presents itself.

I've seen a lot of forward progress over the last year with her and sight words and comfort with writing, she actually 95% had mastered the kindergarten program here! but I chose to have her repeat it because she is so resistant to learn new things. I think it will take all this year to get her so she is top of the class next year.... When I talked to the principal this week,they were very comfortable having her start first grade. She is very emotionally young, though.

I'm going to have to change my tactics with her, she responds really well to tiger mom parenting, LOL! She will be reading chapter books this year, so help me gods.....

Did I mention that I man under a little pressure both sides with this? Everyone, including me, in my mom's family has skipped grades and her father's family is very into academic success. I am in luck that they held her father back in kindergarten and I can use the excuse that she is too young, but I feel like I am failing to meet expectations as a mother here.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Then why wear bikini if you are fat?

I don't know? I've told her to buy a one piece if she's worried, but then she went off and bought another bikini. <shrugs>

She complains about how her clothes fit to. And she's not that fat really. Although she started at a size 00 or 0 when she arrived and now wears a size 2.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016