N-o-l-a

Backaches, Bimbos, and Breakups

3,033 posts in this topic

1- I know what botulism is, duh!

2- I was gonna take the kiddo to Cali with me anyway, and Tiff. Drive down to Disneyland from the bay area.

So go to disneyland anyhow? She's a great age. Still believes in princesses etc. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Saturday report, si and sigh man:

Awaken groggily after having hit the tap-nap button Many, Many times, zzz man.

Eventually get out to run a projected Many errands, drive man.

Screech to detour to 2 GSs in neighborhood, whee man.

At one, find 2 books and an alphabet jigsaw puzzle for Mini-B., wee man, for $1, whee man.

Register for Defensive Driving (for insurance purposes) for next Saturday, wasted day man.

Run out of time for other errands; return to casa, home man.

Make it just before Sequential Mexican #1 arrives early for air-conditioning evaluation, si man.

SM #1 takes brief look at evaporator unit & condenser unit, see man.

SM #1 tries to sell us completely new system for $Many,000, $igh man.

SM #1 tells same to Mrs. T-B. when latter comes home, Español man.

Mini-B. informs SM #1 that Mini-B. has to pipi, pee wee man.

Try to do work brought home, diligent man.

However, Mini-B. highly interactive, wee sugar-buzz man.

SM #2 arrives early, si man, looking dressed for a party, glam man.

SM #2 says evaporator coil leaking freon, R-140 man.

SM #2 refills condenser unit with Many lbs. of freon, co$t man.

SM #2 says to replace evaporator unit this year or next, $igh man.

SM #2 tells same to Mrs. T-B., Español man.

Get out to run rest of Many errands, drive man.

Find brand-new "PGA Pro" golf shirt at resale shop for only $Many, whee man.

Resale-shop head lady thanks us greatly for earlier donations of sheets & towels, flyoutdoor man.

Buy Raid Ant Bait at hardware store for kitchen hormigas, killthelittlebastards man.

Buy Many marked-down dented cans of vegetables at supermarket, jackpot man.

Return to casa to find SM #Many pulling up, nearly 2 hours early, prompt man.

SM #Many notes that ductwork is serpentine vs. elbow-shaped, inefficiency man.

SM #Many agrees that evap coil is leaking; notes torn duct & 2 old ducts, fix&replace man.

SM #Many notes that condenser unit is Many-ton vs. evap unit, which is only Many-ton, mismatch man.

SM #Many quotes us $Many,000 for new cond/evap units, $igh man.

SM #Many quotes us $Many for redoing the ducts, $igh man.

SM #Many tells same to Mrs. T-B., Español man.

Take exhausted nap, zzz man.

Awaken and dish the warsher (cursing status of sink), grrr man.

Do work brought home, bore man; fend off needy cat, miu man.

Eat cold chicken nuggets served for dinner again, gourmet man.

---

All quotes on replacing units would leave nil for paying casa-taxes, $igh man.

Want to find matched, high-SEER cond/evap units at wholesale for cheap, si man.

Appreciate insight & input, listen man.

Nice GS find.

Does mini -Tb really need sugar to get all hiped up?

I bet Mrs T-B is right.

Morning! :)

Did I miss anything interesting? ;)

Not gonna ask who I missed, since I missed all of you :P

Welcome Back Asia!

Upstate NY. This "summer" is reminding me of England. :)

Only with crappy chocolate and no scones. :(

Crappy chocolate is abundant here.

I think the earthquake in California just cancelled the wedding that I was supposed to attend next week.....

How crappy! Nerve of that earthquake..

i remember when we were young, my dad would buy exactly 6 cans of evaporated milk at one go every time we went to the grocery store. we use it in our hot drinks (tea, milo, etc) and also in cooking so i guess we ran through each can pretty quickly. he had this 'routine' of picking up one can, swiveling it around in his hands to check for dents, then setting it down in the cart. pick up another can, swivel/check for dents, set in cart. i just had such a vivid memory of this when you said be careful about dented tins :(

I do that too!

Supposedly this is not needed anymore from todays cans. I watched something on TV about food safety and they were saying the cans are coated so dents are not as big of a deal anymore. I'm not going to test it out though.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

So go to disneyland anyhow? She's a great age. Still believes in princesses etc. :)

She's already been to HK Disney remember? I can always take her on a Disney cruise, it comes right out of NYC. My friends says it's great, they come get the kid from you in the morning, and they're gone the whole day.

I dunno how northern cali is gonna be next week. I have the plane tickets and hotel reservations already......

But Virginia beach is sounding better and better......it looks disastrous where I'm going in California

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

"it's great, they come get the kid from you in the morning, and they're gone the whole day" - ah, parenthood. so glad i don't have kids :P

oh no :( just heard from jonas' mom that his grandma passed away last night and his mom couldn't get in touch with him so she is telling me instead. i dunno how to break the news to him :(

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

"it's great, they come get the kid from you in the morning, and they're gone the whole day" - ah, parenthood. so glad i don't have kids :P

oh no :( just heard from jonas' mom that his grandma passed away last night and his mom couldn't get in touch with him so she is telling me instead. i dunno how to break the news to him :(

Sorry to hear of your family's loss.

Yes, if you decide to have kids be aware that you will never have a restful/fun vacation again, well unless they are not present.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I like vacations with kids. :) It's never romantic, but I like it.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss