Ranshiel

I-134 bank statements

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

MY total income 2012 is $33000 with stock dividend.

2013 is only $15200 with stock lost

my annual income is $16800 (from 2009-present)

deposit in saving bank $5000

stock and bonds $49336

Do you think i need a co-sponsor? If i do, I need to prepare i864? Thx

While they look at the totality of your financial situation, the most important thing is your current annual income. If you are not self-employed, then you prove your current income with a letter from employer and/or pay stubs. If you are self-employed, then you use your Total Income from line 22 of your most recent return(2013 currently). You can also show bank statements and quarterly profit/loss statements, if you have those.

So, if your current annual income actually is $16,800, then for a household of 2, you are short $2862. You should be able to list your savings, stocks and bonds and provide proof of ownership and value and still not need a co-sponsor. The decision will be entirely up to the CO that interviews you though.

If you do decide to provide a co-sponsor, then they fill out their own I-134 and provide the same documents, most recent tax transcript, letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs. They should also provide proof of being a USC or LPR.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

While they look at the totality of your financial situation, the most important thing is your current annual income. If you are not self-employed, then you prove your current income with a letter from employer and/or pay stubs. If you are self-employed, then you use your Total Income from line 22 of your most recent return(2013 currently). You can also show bank statements and quarterly profit/loss statements, if you have those.

So, if your current annual income actually is $16,800, then for a household of 2, you are short $2862. You should be able to list your savings, stocks and bonds and provide proof of ownership and value and still not need a co-sponsor. The decision will be entirely up to the CO that interviews you though.

If you do decide to provide a co-sponsor, then they fill out their own I-134 and provide the same documents, most recent tax transcript, letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs. They should also provide proof of being a USC or LPR.

Thank you for your reply. I made a mistake. My annual income actullay is $18200 accourding to my W2 and tax return transcript. I can provide three years w2 and tax return transcript. So i short $ 1462.

My stock value $49000, i think it will be ok.

K1 Timeline
I129f sent - 1/27/2014
NOA1 dated - 1/30/2014
Alien Number Changed - 1/31/2014
NOA2 (via web status update) - 7/25/2014
Sent to NVC - 8/01/2014
NOA2 Hardcopy - 8/3/2014
NVC number received - 8/15/2014 (call nvc and they also said package ship at the same day.)
NVC Left: 8/15/2014
Packet 3 Received 8/20/2014
Packet 4 Received 8/27/2014
Interview Date: 10/08/2014
Interview Result : Approved
Processing : My I-129f was approved in 175 days from your NOA1 date.
Estimates/Stats : My interview took 250 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline

Thank you for your reply. I made a mistake. My annual income actullay is $18200 accourding to my W2 and tax return transcript. I can provide three years w2 and tax return transcript. So i short $ 1462.

My stock value $49000, i think it will be ok.

I agree. It sounds like you should be ok.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think I read somewhere that if you have recent paystubs, bank statement, employer letter that you dont need tax returns. I make over 85K a year but my last tax return still has ex husband on it even though we have been separated for three years we still filed joint due to tax breaks. I really did not want to send in tax form with his income listed as well.....

Timeline

I think I read somewhere that if you have recent paystubs, bank statement, employer letter that you dont need tax returns. I make over 85K a year but my last tax return still has ex husband on it even though we have been separated for three years we still filed joint due to tax breaks. I really did not want to send in tax form with his income listed as well.....

It depends on the consulate. For London, you probably don't. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

For the I-864 that comes later after you are in the US and married, you need to provide the most recent tax transcript as a requirement.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So if I understand correctly... my income is well over the 125%, all I need to provide is most recent tax return, W2, and most recent pay stubs. I do not need to list any assets. Correct?

What if I list my home as an asset anyway, do I put market value or appraised value?

Thanks for all the info!

Timeline

That is correct. No assets needed if you make enough through income alone. Assets are optional.

You would need to provide an appraisal and proof of any liens, if you list your home. The net value would be the appraised value minus whatever you might still owe.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Sorry to ask this, but when are you supposed to turn in the i-134 form? I just submitted my full i-129f packet and i never saw anything about the 134. Thanks in advance..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Sorry to ask this, but when are you supposed to turn in the i-134 form? I just submitted my full i-129f packet and i never saw anything about the 134. Thanks in advance..

The I-134 has to be filled out, dated and signed by you, the petitioner, and then sent to the beneficiary by mail as he/she will have to give it to the consular officer during the interview. Since it is an "original" document, I would use secure mail (courier etc) with tracking.

SEP-1994 First met! 12-16-14 POE PHILADELPHIA

05-25-14 Engaged (what took us so looooong!!!?) 12-19-14 MARRIAGE (SIMPLE)

06-19-14 I-129F packet sent to Lewisville Lockbox (USPS overnight) 01-05-15 I-485 (AOS/EAD/AP) package mailed out

06-20-14 USPS messed up, and had to re-route! 01-12-15 NOA text/email received for AOS/EAD/AP

06-23-14 I-129F packet received at Lockbox 02-03-15 Biometrics (Indianapolis)

06-23-14 NOA1 Notice Date (routed to CSC, yay!) 04-07-15 EAD and AP approved, card ordered

06-25-14 NOA1 text/email received 04-14-15 EAD/AP Combo Card received by certified mail.

06-26-14 Check Cashed 06-15-15 Received letter about interview waiver. 6mo to go!

06-27-14 Alien Registration Number changed 08-06-15 Welcome Notice mailed, permanent status registered.

06-30-14 NOA1 hardcopy received 08-14-15 Green Card mailed to me.

09-24-14 NOA2 text/email received *APPROVED* 08-18-15 Green Card (which is green!) in hand!!

09-28-14 NOA2 hardcopy received

10-15-14 NVC received 05-17-17 Time to start ROC !

10-16-14 NVC case number assigned

10-21-14 NVC left (to Amsterdam Consulate)

10-23-14 Consulate Received

10-25-14 PACKET-3 Received (regular mail)

10-25-14 Online DS-160 submitted **** I am the Beneficiary (Fred) ****

10-27-14 Sent reply to Consulate (arrives 10-28)

10-29-14 Touched *** If you have questions about the K-1 journey coming

11-01-14 PACKET-4 Received (regular mail) *** from The Netherlands, send me a message !

11-26-14 MEDICAL *PASSED*

12-04-14 INTERVIEW *APPROVED*

12-06-14 Touched (Administrative Processing)

12-08-14 Touched (Ready)

12-09-14 Touched (Issued)

12-10-14 Received email that package was sent off

12-11-14 VISA IN HAND

The I-134 is a requirement for the embassy interview. You do not need it for the initial I-129F filing.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

The I-134 has to be filled out, dated and signed by you, the petitioner, and then sent to the beneficiary by mail as he/she will have to give it to the consular officer during the interview. Since it is an "original" document, I would use secure mail (courier etc) with tracking.

The I-134 is a requirement for the embassy interview. You do not need it for the initial I-129F filing.

Thank you for the info :)

Timeline

That is correct. No assets needed if you make enough through income alone. Assets are optional.

You would need to provide an appraisal and proof of any liens, if you list your home. The net value would be the appraised value minus whatever you might still owe.

Thank you so much....one more question, I promise!

Do I still need the employer letter verifying my employment status and pay as well? I would prefer not to do this if I can avoid sharing personal business with management. I have pay stubs, W2s, and tax returns.

Timeline

Thank you so much....one more question, I promise!

Do I still need the employer letter verifying my employment status and pay as well? I would prefer not to do this if I can avoid sharing personal business with management. I have pay stubs, W2s, and tax returns.

You should be able to use pay stubs and/or a letter from employer. However, be aware that your consulate specifically states a job letter, so you may want to get the letter from your employer to be safe. >

I-134 , Affidavit of Support for K Applicants: This form should be completed by the sponsor of the immigrant and submitted to USCIS. This form must be accompanied by the sponsor's most recent federal tax returns, W2 statements, job letter, and proof that the petitioner is a U.S. citizen.

http://kingston.usembassy.gov/fees/forms.html

Timeline

You should be able to use pay stubs and/or a letter from employer. However, be aware that your consulate specifically states a job letter, so you may want to get the letter from your employer to be safe. >

I-134 , Affidavit of Support for K Applicants: This form should be completed by the sponsor of the immigrant and submitted to USCIS. This form must be accompanied by the sponsor's most recent federal tax returns, W2 statements, job letter, and proof that the petitioner is a U.S. citizen.

http://kingston.usembassy.gov/fees/forms.html

Thanks, I will do that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.