Things to remember to tell your SO when they arrive

369 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
deeelishious.jpg

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

As the one who has been a MENA member the longest here, (I was mena before there was a mena forum) I have a few things to say.

If and I do mean IF there is a cliche, am I in it? Let's make a list....cuz seriously I want to know who is in it and who is not in it. Let's draw the battlelines if there is going to be a war of the words.

I care too much about this forum and the good that it does to see it brought down like this. I call for an immediate intervention of Ewok to save this forum from members that make it their daily duty to cause long drawn out 'pages of nothing'. Take this ####### to off topic so I can go back to encouraging and helping the ones that need a place to get advice and be around others going thru the process in a MENA country. Lord knows we all have our own issues and most of us don't know how to handle someone that is here for the sole purpose of bringing this forum down.

Ewok, it is time to discuss the future of the ME/NA forum. After this back & forth today, you cannot turn a blind eye to this. I have the best interests of this forum in mind and I imagine most everyone else does too.

I encourage the legitamate members of this forum to message Captain and offer your suggestions on how to better serve this group. I know I sure am.

Jackie (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
As the one who has been a MENA member the longest here, (I was mena before there was a mena forum) I have a few things to say.

If and I do mean IF there is a cliche, am I in it? Let's make a list....cuz seriously I want to know who is in it and who is not in it. Let's draw the battlelines if there is going to be a war of the words.

I care too much about this forum and the good that it does to see it brought down like this. I call for an immediate intervention of Ewok to save this forum from members that make it their daily duty to cause long drawn out 'pages of nothing'. Take this ####### to off topic so I can go back to encouraging and helping the ones that need a place to get advice and be around others going thru the process in a MENA country. Lord knows we all have our own issues and most of us don't know how to handle someone that is here for the sole purpose of bringing this forum down.

Ewok, it is time to discuss the future of the ME/NA forum. After this back & forth today, you cannot turn a blind eye to this. I have the best interests of this forum in mind and I imagine most everyone else does too.

I encourage the legitamate members of this forum to message Captain and offer your suggestions on how to better serve this group. I know I sure am.

Jackie (F)

Well said Jackie. :thumbs:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jackie (F)

Good post Jackie.

I wish I could tell you why friendship between members automatically means "clique" when certain people are involved.

I have many friends from VJ who I talk to on yahoo including you. I always like chatting with you and discussing your haircuts, new cars, your vacation to Jordan etc. Talk to you tonight!

Sarah

Timeline

a5.jpg

a3.jpg

a2.jpg

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

lippy.jpg

hamuhamu_custom.jpg

catmousebunnydog_1.jpg

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Jackie (F)

I'd like to see some changes for the better, too, Jackie, but there is a great deal of denial and resistance to doing anything that alters the status quo. With your dismissive comment that "most of us don't know how to handle someone that is here for the sole purpose of bringing this forum down", you seem to be succumbing to that mindset, as well. Them against us. It goes both ways!

I have discussed the future of MENA with Capt Ewok over the last few months, up to a day ago. I've made some suggestions he has acted on. Beyond that, I won't speak for him, but I will say this. Two closed threads yesterday (Neither of which I was involved in, btw), people coming here just to make fun of us and to fan flames, people dismissing the opinions of newbies as irrelevent, picking at someone who is ONLY TRYING to tell you there's a problem, and the obvious joy drama holds for some, doesn't help the case that this place is worth saving.

The blame someone else, don't take any responsibility act isn't going over well. Time for a change.

Edited by Green-eyed girl

Timeline

Jackie (F)

picking at someone who is ONLY TRYING to tell you there's a problem,

The only problem around here is YOU! You have been gone for what? an hour? See how harmonious the board is? You come back and bam, you pick up right where you left off. You have serious issues. We have clearly heard what you have to say and we DISAGREE. What is your goal here? Should we all leave the forum? Will that make you happy?

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

It IS worth saving and the way I see it, this forum is not in any danger anyway. There is no 'us against them' here. Only in the minds of a few. Some very strong bonds have been formed during the visa struggle. Bonds that will stand up against this latest in a long string of threads gone bad. This forum is important to so many people. It would be a shame to see it closed or changed because of a handful of troublemakers.

My suggestion to the ones that perpetuate agruements here, grow up. With the bickering going on, we might miss someone that really needs help. That is the part that bothers me. For example, there are 3 new ladies here with Jordanian husbands. I would like to be available to answer their questions, but due to dragging my azz thru the mud, I might miss an oppurtunity to help when needed. Take the garbage to Off Topic, or face the consequences.

Jackie (F)

First, it is insulting to Jackie to say she succumbed to any mindset. I am sure she can think for herself.

Second, you have never just tried to say there is a problem. It is like a relentless jackhammer, RELENTLESS name-calling, cabal, clique, popular girls, mean girls, over and over and over. This is not trying to work at a problem, it is furthering it. How is your name calling positive in any way?

ETA: You saying Jackie succumbed really proves the point JP has made several times today. If someone disagrees with you, you feel there is a problem with them, they are part of a clique or have fallen to a mindset.

Edited by Bosco

Timeline
You're so busy defending yourselves, you can't see the damage YOU do.

Sorry, it's not all about me being a problem. I have every right to respond to jackie's post, and so I did. Pile on, plie on.

So then why don't you tell us? What is the solution? What is your goal here? We heard what you have to say, we disagree, NOW WHAT?

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.