doodlebug

The moan and groan thread

394 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I dunno really, my whole body is acheing from the thought....i think i will see a doctor czu both me and my husband are so depressed we can hardly function. I really dont kknow what to do...we are still both in college! So its kid of difficult to pick up every other semester to egypt Lets tell you what she wrote to me...

4-6 wees reciept for I 130

File I129f (K3)

4-6 weeks reciept for I129f

7months for I130 approval or

7 months for I129f approval

1 month transfer (I130) to NVC

3 months to complete NVC process

3 months for I130 appointment.

Can anyone explain plz. The reason we got a lawyer is because we don't feel capable of doing it without making mistakes....She said it was an estimate ...???

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let you know in March whether 12 mos. is worth banking on. I hope you're right!

just started our process today ,,, the lawyer said wait will be 15 months not including security check....im so depressed how do you all handle the separation we realy cant do it

Why are you using an attorney? That doesn't sound right at all. I think he meant 15 months including security check, and even that is a worse case scenario. I'm banking on about 12 months but who the heck knows. Has your lawyer done many visas from Egypt?

Honey, you have to calm down. You've just started this. Yes, you'll have depression, anxiety, worry, etc. but you'll also have good days. Try to do things to keep your mind off this. I was kinda freaked when I first started the process. I buckled up and went along with the ride. I'm now nearly a year into it and I'm still standing (sometimes not so well though). Many of us have and are currently going through this. You're not alone.

A lawyer is not really necessary and sometimes can mess up the case worse than you can yourself. I've heard many bad stories. Good luck to you :)

I dunno really, my whole body is acheing from the thought....i think i will see a doctor czu both me and my husband are so depressed we can hardly function. I really dont kknow what to do...we are still both in college! So its kid of difficult to pick up every other semester to egypt Lets tell you what she wrote to me...

File I129f (K3)

Can anyone explain plz. The reason we got a lawyer is because we don't feel capable of doing it without making mistakes....She said it was an estimate ...???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

File I129f (K3)

I think alot of these time frames are estimates and bad ones at that. I think your attorney may not have alot of experiance with this. It generally takes about 3-4 months to get your NOA2, the longest part of this is the security checks in Cairo. Check out some timelines of others that have gone through Cairo and you may get a better idea of what to expect.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

:angry:

My gripes:

My Maya's parents have disowned him for wanting to marry a 'bideshi' and tell him they have a 'nice Nepali girl' picked out for him. He says he would rather be a sadhu if he can't marry his Maya...

Wow yah, villages with no communication are awful. That's awful about your guy's parents disowning him. My guy's mother (his father expired almost exactly a year before mine) is looking foward to having me as a daughter-in-law - thinking all foreigners are millionaires! Boy is she in for a rude awakening! :lol:

My guy's parents also had lots of prospective brides lined up - well-paying ones of course - but he refused them all, saying he doesn't want anyone but me. Finally after a few years of trying, they gave up.

I kept wondering why he couldn't get back his passport, couldn't he have searched through the house when his parents were out? :devil: Was he able to get a replacement? I couldn't believe that his parents would go to such extremes! :angry:

Luckily he had photocopies of his passport and citizenship papers so he was able to get replacements easily - he picks up his new passport on Monday. :D Apparently his parents put the originals in a locked room and mom has the key on her person all the time... :( Mom is a housewife and dad is retired so someone is home pretty much all the time. I am worried about the police report because his dad is a retired cop but K doesn't seem worried at all.

I can't believe the lengths they are going to either, but his mother is bipolar and unstable - in November she was supporting our marriage and two months later she swings back to being against us!!! Our hope is that eventually after we are married that they will see that by standing against us they are losing their only son, their tactics will not work and they will come around. I wish she could at least see what she stands to gain like your FMIL apprently is :P - when K was still at home I sent him money for her medication and she knew about it, like I said for a while she was in favor because I helped her but then she turned around again to being She-Yeti... :angry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Where is all the moaner's and groaner's? LOL

i'm working this weekend and only making $35 an hour :ranting:

happy now jp? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dang Charels are u worth 35 a hour?

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline
Dang Charels are u worth 35 a hour?

:D

shall i factor in my retirement pay from the military too? :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Smarty now we know where to come to get loan to get out of debt.

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

well that's that. just spoke to him.

Bottom line a visa is not in our near future for a few years because of something that happened two days ago.

I'm going to go cry my freakin' eyes out now.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Where is all the moaner's and groaner's? LOL

i'm working this weekend and only making $35 an hour :ranting:

happy now jp? :P

overtime? that sucks!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Bottom line a visa is not in our near future for a few years because of something that happened two days ago.

:( what happened?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Sorry doddle sounds like you need someone close to help you thru this, stay strong whatever maybe things will look differently tomorrow.

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ewwwww. :no: Just wrong.

Poor kids. :(

I'm not even going to comment on the debt aspect of this thread.

military huh?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.