doodlebug

The moan and groan thread

394 posts in this topic

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Nope, nope, nope on the DOS thing... Mohammed called 5 different times one day and got 5 radically and completely different responses to his identical question. I would not hang much weight on them giving you timelines. You are much better off observing the way cases are moving on VJ for your specific consulate AND keep in mind each case is also unique so may differ. Calling DOS will make you insane. I'm a vet. Remember when the woman told me they were issuing Moh's visa that day... and it wasn't issued for 3 more weeks???

And Laura, I'm just giving you a great big hug because I can imagine your frustration.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

K, I have a good moan and groan. :angry:

Got our verizon bill this month - $450!!!!!!! My own fault for never checking our minutes used anymore - we've never come even close to going over. :crying: Had I known, we would not have been making calls for 5 days that totalled over $350!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow and i totally thought my 325. was the pitts, i've cut back on calling Morocco ALOT. Come first of the month (payday) im going to check into some of those calling cards mentioned on here.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Got our verizon bill this month - $450!!!!!!! My own fault for never checking our minutes used anymore - we've never come even close to going over. :crying: Had I known, we would not have been making calls for 5 days that totalled over $350!!!!!!!!!

Oh I have gotten one of those before :crying:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh I have gotten one of those before :crying:

me too. that really sucks. I have cingular and I go over my minutes every month so I know what you mean. I've upped it twice and still can't check my minutes before I go way over.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Eep! We have 500 shared minutes on Sprint, with free nights and weekends starting at 7. I don't think we've ever used more than 300 minutes.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Eep! We have 500 shared minutes on Sprint, with free nights and weekends starting at 7. I don't think we've ever used more than 300 minutes.

Sprint is really great because even if you do go over they charge you $5.00 for every 50 minutes. So you don't get those huge overage charges.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
i want to moan and groan that we still do not have our greencard. And yes, I know others are still separated, please remember that I also went through the trenches of the visa process. All totalled today it has been 994 days since NOA1 of K1. Alot dayum longer than many CR1's (which in hindsight we would have DEFINATELY taken).

I would deal with DOS any day over DHS. Our ability to sue is now effectively defunct, and the DOS is waaaay more organized than this section of DHS.

I remember panicking the first time I checked the status of something (I'm sure it was the i130) and it said the approximate processing time was 995 days. I called someone in a panic and they assured me that nothing takes that long to process. its just a default time that goes out on all the letters like a worst case scenario... but here you are at their imaginary default date. Its crazy. I'm sorry that they put you through all this. Its for nothing, too. it cant be a security matter obviously so I dont see why they dont give it up already and move on to somebody else. I don't even want to think about who all they've let in while tying up resources on you guys. I'm frustrated for you too.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Timeline

Love Sprint! Most of my friends have it so it's free Sprint to Sprint plus nights start at 7pm. When I had Verizon I always went over and paid up the wazoo.

Sprint is really great because even if you do go over they charge you $5.00 for every 50 minutes. So you don't get those huge overage charges.

Timeline
Love Sprint! Most of my friends have it so it's free Sprint to Sprint plus nights start at 7pm. When I had Verizon I always went over and paid up the wazoo.

:yes: I call my husband the most, and since we're both on sprint (family plan, shared 500 minutes for $70 with tax), we can call each other for free.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

:yes: I call my husband the most, and since we're both on sprint (family plan, shared 500 minutes for $70 with tax), we can call each other for free.

I have sprint for my parents cell phones. Its so funny, I got them 800 shared minutes. When I get the bill my dad uses a whopping 22 minutes (TOTAL) and my mom is using 700 or so. LOL

verizon_is_evil.jpg

Call them and tell them that you called to switch plans and apparently they didnt make the change. :devil: I have done that before and it works. :devil:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

So, in conclusion, Verizon sucks, Sprint is pretty good. Cancel Verizon (cuz $350 in overage charges is more than the cancelation fee) and see about getting Sprint :dancing:

irhal.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.