doodlebug

The moan and groan thread

394 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
As long as you don't start saying "lol" outloud I think you'll be fine if you just take a night off.

:help: . . . I am trying so hard NOT to do this . . . because I have started to think it and I realized I have finally tripped over the line :lol::lol::lol:

Great C2! Maybe we can go to that nice little home that Brndl mentioned...with lots of B) and :dance: on the walls, and reminisc about the good ol VJ days...

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

hi everybody. Is this still a place to gripe about stuff? May I? I was going to start a tuesday thread ...but the only things on my mind right now really belong here. yesterday was a rough day and today just needs to be better. Yesterday we woke at about 330am for him to go to work, and found that all 3 of our cars had cut tires. all 3 of our cars plus 1 car that belongs to a neighbor, in a parking lot of 24 cars.

To make things worse, its a neighbor, no doubt about who did this. he lives upstairs and thanks to fresh snow sunday night, it was clear as day whose feet walked from car to car to car to car and into the apt building. and of course the same print is tracked back and forth to one car in particular, his obviously. it was so obvious. the police agree. they say they regret not being able to do anything because he looks everyone in the face and says he could never do that to a neighbor. the police said that they would need proof that it was him and not his wife or 7-year old or a guest using that parking space... this guy actually said that someone must be trying to set him up or something because there is no way to deny how obvious the tracks are.

the really upsetting part is that very recently, this guy had some kind of problem when the lady upstairs had some guests on a sunday afternoon and you could hear them all talking russian from the common hallway. He came unglued, calling her and her guests g.d.foriegner a-h's and other really bad stuff. I felt relly bad for them, but her boyfriend seemed to have the situation under control kinda quickly, so I didn't get involved at all, just took some comfort in that it was over and their english probably wasn't good enough for them to catch all that was said anyway.

Anyway, its a 6-unit bldg, 4 units have americans, plus us, and the russian lady. only our cars (and all of our cars) were damaged. Obviously, the tire slashing is not random, can't be. But neither one of us has had any problems or even "words" with anyone here. All we can figure is that this guy is crazy, was probably drinking or whatever he does, and doesn't like non-americans. It just doesn't make sense. Neither of us has ever done anything to him (or any neighbor, ever). This guy hasn't even lived here 3 months and he has had the 2 incidents with the russian lady (only one I heard myself) at least 2 really big ugly fights with his wife that they are not even a little bit private about, plus, I learned yesterday that while intoxicated or something was wrong with him, late at night he was trying to talk his way into my next door neighbor's apt, hitting on her and getting offended at her resistance. He later came back and told her to not tell his wife and whatever else...she was like "just go away you freak, its midnight..." but now we are all comparing notes on this guy and what a mess.

So now we need 11 tires. we took care of h's car yesterday to get him back to work of course. the other cars need to wait. This is a really big setback for us, and honestly, we were broke and had kinda big problems before we woke up to all this. Yesterday we lost (easily) over 1000 in tires and of course he missed work (monday being really most of what he makes each week).

Its just a really big setback. I don't know what else to say about it.

I probably didn't write this well and its long...to anyone that read this, thanks for letting me vent. Hope today is a good day for everyone here. I know we need a good day. later everybody

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
hi everybody. Is this still a place to gripe about stuff? May I? I was going to start a tuesday thread ...but the only things on my mind right now really belong here. yesterday was a rough day and today just needs to be better. Yesterday we woke at about 330am for him to go to work, and found that all 3 of our cars had cut tires. all 3 of our cars plus 1 car that belongs to a neighbor, in a parking lot of 24 cars.

To make things worse, its a neighbor, no doubt about who did this. he lives upstairs and thanks to fresh snow sunday night, it was clear as day whose feet walked from car to car to car to car and into the apt building. and of course the same print is tracked back and forth to one car in particular, his obviously. it was so obvious. the police agree. they say they regret not being able to do anything because he looks everyone in the face and says he could never do that to a neighbor. the police said that they would need proof that it was him and not his wife or 7-year old or a guest using that parking space... this guy actually said that someone must be trying to set him up or something because there is no way to deny how obvious the tracks are.

the really upsetting part is that very recently, this guy had some kind of problem when the lady upstairs had some guests on a sunday afternoon and you could hear them all talking russian from the common hallway. He came unglued, calling her and her guests g.d.foriegner a-h's and other really bad stuff. I felt relly bad for them, but her boyfriend seemed to have the situation under control kinda quickly, so I didn't get involved at all, just took some comfort in that it was over and their english probably wasn't good enough for them to catch all that was said anyway.

Anyway, its a 6-unit bldg, 4 units have americans, plus us, and the russian lady. only our cars (and all of our cars) were damaged. Obviously, the tire slashing is not random, can't be. But neither one of us has had any problems or even "words" with anyone here. All we can figure is that this guy is crazy, was probably drinking or whatever he does, and doesn't like non-americans. It just doesn't make sense. Neither of us has ever done anything to him (or any neighbor, ever). This guy hasn't even lived here 3 months and he has had the 2 incidents with the russian lady (only one I heard myself) at least 2 really big ugly fights with his wife that they are not even a little bit private about, plus, I learned yesterday that while intoxicated or something was wrong with him, late at night he was trying to talk his way into my next door neighbor's apt, hitting on her and getting offended at her resistance. He later came back and told her to not tell his wife and whatever else...she was like "just go away you freak, its midnight..." but now we are all comparing notes on this guy and what a mess.

So now we need 11 tires. we took care of h's car yesterday to get him back to work of course. the other cars need to wait. This is a really big setback for us, and honestly, we were broke and had kinda big problems before we woke up to all this. Yesterday we lost (easily) over 1000 in tires and of course he missed work (monday being really most of what he makes each week).

Its just a really big setback. I don't know what else to say about it.

I probably didn't write this well and its long...to anyone that read this, thanks for letting me vent. Hope today is a good day for everyone here. I know we need a good day. later everybody

I don't post much, but I have to say this gave me chills. It seems incredible that someone could do that much malicious damage and get away with it, but what worries me more is that there have already been four incidents of aggression from him, that you know of, in the three months he's been there, and it seems to be escalating. I would watch him very closely. Take good care.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

This is horrible.

I'm sorry your week had to start like this.

Have you talked to the landlord? The property management firm?

Wouldn't that be a reason for setting up a security camera somewhere?

Hope things will be better soon!

short history:

2001 - met in Germany

April 2003 - fell in love

Aug 2004 - go to the US for internship

Feb 2005 - both return to Germany

Aug 2006 - getting married

DCF timeline:

09/01/2006 - filed the petition in Frankfurt

09/06/2006 - medical in Frankfurt

09/26/2006 - faxed checklist

10/05/2006 - received interview invite

11/01/2006 - INTERVIEW in Frankfurt - approved!

11/04/2006 - VISA IN HAND!!

12/21/2006 - POE San Francisco and ON TO SEA!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I probably shouldnt even gripe about all this but I just got off the phone with him and he's so down about everything. Its just crazy that serious things come up that are hard to deal with, but you deal with them...and then some stupid guy upstairs can dish out something that you can't deal with....I dont know if that even makes sense but I am am so upset that this nobody can be like a "last straw". This guy is nobody to us. I dont know. I'm gonna just stop thinking about this for a while. The landlord knows everything and I don't know what he will do if anything. he said he feels bad, he talk to the guy too but what can you do. he says he didnt do it. I just sucks and we're on our own here.

I didn't mean to bring anyone down. just venting.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mean people suck :ranting:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would file a police report anyway even though they said they can't do anything and then file an insurance claim. You may have like a $500 deductible but you've already shelled out $1,000 so it would be the best bet I would think, right? I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Things that suck that aren't planned just rot. If that makes sense. I mean I planned on this whole year being tough and all but then when something out of the blue happens to set your emotions (and finances) back even more....well that's just the time when you try to remember that God never gives us more than we can handle. (i think he has his expectations just a wee bit too high for me lately though ;) )

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Wow Dawn. That's horrible. And also very scary. I can't believe that the police wouldn't do anything, even when the tracks led straight to his apartment ! That's just unbelievable.

This man's behavior was already disturbing. Now he has escalated into vandalism/malicious destruction of property. It cost you a thousand bucks, and your landlord just shrugs and says "what can I do ?" The real question you need to ask is: what will this man do next ?

You don't want to be around for that. I know it's an annoyance, even a real pain, but you have to look out for yourselves. I think it's time to move. Leave your landlord to deal with this problem.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I would file a police report anyway even though they said they can't do anything and then file an insurance claim. You may have like a $500 deductible but you've already shelled out $1,000 so it would be the best bet I would think, right? I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Things that suck that aren't planned just rot. If that makes sense. I mean I planned on this whole year being tough and all but then when something out of the blue happens to set your emotions (and finances) back even more....well that's just the time when you try to remember that God never gives us more than we can handle. (i think he has his expectations just a wee bit too high for me lately though ;) )

unfortunately, i think that $500 deductible will apply to each vehicle.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Mean people suck :ranting:

ditto :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: I'm so sorry this happened to you & H, Dawn... I agree w/ MK - maybe it's time to start apt. hunting. $%&^**#@%&!!!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Timeline

Wow, I should have caught up on reading. This is really not a good situation and I hate it when people mess with my car. You do not touch someones ride you know. That was the red zone and now it is time to get with him. I would either make a case about every little thing he does now or move. But sometimes moving is not an option however I would start to get to reports on this guy. Maybe get the neighbors involved if he is bothing other people I would encourage them to report him, etc.

I really hope you will be okay and I wish you best with this. I know things get hard but it will work out, inshallah.

إركا

[

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I probably shouldnt even gripe about all this but I just got off the phone with him and he's so down about everything. Its just crazy that serious things come up that are hard to deal with, but you deal with them...and then some stupid guy upstairs can dish out something that you can't deal with....I dont know if that even makes sense but I am am so upset that this nobody can be like a "last straw". This guy is nobody to us. I dont know. I'm gonna just stop thinking about this for a while. The landlord knows everything and I don't know what he will do if anything. he said he feels bad, he talk to the guy too but what can you do. he says he didnt do it. I just sucks and we're on our own here.

I didn't mean to bring anyone down. just venting.

i am wondering if it might be better to report this to the fbi as a hate crime instead of the local police department. any thoughts, mena?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.