YashRadz

Possible Ways to Overcome the Delay at TSC

228 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think the best way is to contact huge newspapers like the NYT and first state the issue framing it as unequal treatment. Texas citizens are being treated differently on a federal level than those in California for example. It's the kind of thing that would stir outrage and sell newspapers. It's a win win.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is a really good idea!! I'm all for it, and I also have a suggestion to add. The data, clearly shows the discrepancy between TSC and CSC but I also think it might be a good idea to work with some of the data just for TSC or USCIS overall.

It's clear that TSC is focusing more towards I-130 applications. I did some rough statistics, they're completing them at a rate of around 30% per month. I also looked at I-485 applications, which sounds more complicated and even there they're completing them at at rate of around 16% p/mnth.

So why are I-129F applications at TSC only being completed at a rate of around 6% p/mnth?? or even less as the months go on!

I-130 applications or I-485 applications are no more important than ours, we should all be equal in this process. Shouldn't TSC be processing every application at the same rate no matter how many applications there are? This backward and forward process of focusing on I-130s, then I-129Fs is just a vicious circle.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This is a really good idea!! I'm all for it, and I also have a suggestion to add. The data, clearly shows the discrepancy between TSC and CSC but I also think it might be a good idea to work with some of the data just for TSC or USCIS overall.

It's clear that TSC is focusing more towards I-130 applications. I did some rough statistics, they're completing them at a rate of around 30% per month. I also looked at I-485 applications, which sounds more complicated and even there they're completing them at at rate of around 16% p/mnth.

So why are I-129F applications at TSC only being completed at a rate of around 6% p/mnth?? or even less as the months go on!

I-130 applications or I-485 applications are no more important than ours, we should all be equal in this process. Shouldn't TSC be processing every application at the same rate no matter how many applications there are? This backward and forward process of focusing on I-130s, then I-129Fs is just a vicious circle.

Considering I-130's are for alien relatives and they're having to wait 18 months to be with their husbands or wives, I would like to disagree with your statement that they are no more important that I-129f's. I believe a husband and wife say their vows with the right to not be separated. For those who choose either path, they are aware of what is best for them and their situation, but a marriage should not be separated for 2-3 times as long as an engaged couple.

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Some feedback;

When liaising with a government body you should really use data with numbers, and not graphs that round numbers up or down. You want real data and hard numbers to really get the point across. I also feel as though the graphs located on USCIS website is good as any to use so i'm not sure why you wanted to make another one in a word doc?

If you want a solid graph, combine both TSC and CSC into one graph with individual bars, and display the numbers from all the data provided, which includes "pending, "completions", "received", "awaiting customer feedback". The reason I say this is that representing government data isn't child's play when disputing these types of things.

Actually, hard numbers do not paint a convincing picture than images.

As a geographic information science major, I'd like to say that a picture does speak volumes.

Your intended audience may not have the entire day or the time to go through your "numbers" to get your point. Usually, you try as much as possible to catch his or her attention is a couple of seconds so that you don't lose his interest. This man has an important job and I suppose he has a lot on his plate so we want him to actually take a good look not just a look at our petition to him.

Also, graphs showing PERCENT of work pending and completed are the most effective representation here.

For example,

In November 2013,

of the 3890 pending petitions, TSC completed 2204. That may seem like a heck of work, kudos to TSC! but in actual sense, that number represents only ~ 57%. quite a change, huh? Our shock value is May 2014 which has 5% completion rate (564 out of 11342).

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Actually, hard numbers do not paint a convincing picture than images.

As a geographic information science major, I'd like to say that a picture does speak volumes.

Your intended audience may not have the entire day or the time to go through your "numbers" to get your point. Usually, you try as much as possible to catch his or her attention is a couple of seconds so that you don't lose his interest. This man has an important job and I suppose he has a lot on his plate so we want him to actually take a good look not just a look at our petition to him.

Also, graphs showing PERCENT of work pending and completed are the most effective representation here.

For example,

In November 2013,

of the 3890 pending petitions, TSC completed 2204. That may seem like a heck of work, kudos to TSC! but in actual sense, that number represents only ~ 57%. quite a change, huh? Our shock value is May 2014 which has 5% completion rate (564 out of 11342).

I was giving feedback as someone who works in a state government office and liaises with federal government and news media outlets daily. I see what you are saying regarding percentages, but government officials always ask for numbers as the basis of an argument.

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Guam
Timeline

I will support this as well.

March.3 2014 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox

March 5. 2014 - I-129F Packet received at Dallas Lockbox

March 6 .2014 - NOA1 email - Petition sent to California Service Center - Check cashed

March 7 2014- NOA1 Hardcopy received- Alien Registration # changed

April 2 2014 - Align Registration # changed again.

May 5. 2014- Missing information of Petition's background criminal history, so got a letter from CSC. RFE

May 16 2014- RFE is received and its under review

May 21 2014 - NOA2 Approval - Petition approved in 78 days from NOA1

May 30 2014 - Case sent to NVC

May 26 2014 - NOA2 Hardcopy

May 30 2014 - NVC received our case from USCIS

June 03 2014 - NVC Case Number assigned : SEO2014651003 -> Seoul - date 2014/6/5 (received date) -1003!

June 05 2014 - CEAC Status -" In Transit"

June 07 2014 - Case shipped to Consulate

June 10 2014 - Case arrived at Consulate - CEAC Status change to "Ready"

June 10 2014 - Packet 3 received ( not the physical packet3 but e-packet 3 from him)

June 12 2014- Interview date is determined

June 12 2014 - Visa fee is paid via citibank

Packet 4 (Interview Letter) didn't receive =)

July 01 2014 - Medical scheduled

July 15 2014 - Interview in Seoul

July 16 2014 - CEAC Status changed to " in processing "

July 17 2014- CEAC Status changed to " issued' !!!!!!!!!!!! =) yes yes yes

July 18 2014 - Visa received

Timeline

Considering I-130's are for alien relatives and they're having to wait 18 months to be with their husbands or wives, I would like to disagree with your statement that they are no more important that I-129f's. I believe a husband and wife say their vows with the right to not be separated. For those who choose either path, they are aware of what is best for them and their situation, but a marriage should not be separated for 2-3 times as long as an engaged couple.

hello sweetswinks,

I'd like to state in response to you comment to JessicaUK about 1-130's been more important. If i am not wrong, that is your position because you disagree with JessicaUK on her statement that they are "no more important than 129f".

I have not seen or heard of any political law (i'm referring to the constitution) that states that "a marriage should not be separated for 2-3 times as long as an engaged couple."

It may sound plausible but unfortunately, it is not true!

However, the 14th amendment of the U.S. constitution allows citizens equal rights and protection of the law. That means we should get the same treatment under the law.

My mum waited 7 yrs before she could join my dad who is a U.S. citizen.

So unless, there is a special circumstance, no immigration procedure is more important than the other.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

If we include either graphs, and the detailed letter mentioning the percentages, it will be more effective. Right now it's not a matter of who is right or not but getting this issues solved.

K1 VISA

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Bolivia

I-129F Sent : 2014-06-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-10

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-12-04

HARDCOPY OF NOA2: 2014-12-09
SENT TO NVC: 2014-12-09
RECEIVED AT NVC: 2014-12-16
CASE NUMBER: 2014-12-16
CASE SENT TO EMBASSY: 2014-12-19
EMBASSY RECEIVED: 2014-12-29
MEDICAL BOOKED: 2014-01-14
INTERVIEW DATE: 2015-01-28
VISA APPROVED!!!
VISA RECEIVED: 2015-02-10

AOS PACKAGE
AOS, AP, & EAD Sent: 2015-04-28
AOS, AP, & EAD Received: 2015-04-30
NOA1: 2015-05-04
BIOMETRICS: 2015-05-26
EAD APPROVED: 2015-07-13
NOA2 HARD COPY: 2015-07-18
EAD COMBO CARD RECEIVED: 2015-07-24
SOCIAL SECURITY RECEIVED: 2015-08-03
NOTICE OF POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER RECEIVED: 2015-09-14
AOS APPROVED: 2015-10-07
WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED: 2015-10-13

GREEN CARD RECEIVED: 2015-10-19

I-751 PACKAGE
I-751 Sent: 2017-10-03
I-751 Received: 2017-10-04
NOA1: 2017-10-05
BIOMETRICS: 2017-10-31

Timeline

I was giving feedback as someone who works in a state government office and liaises with federal government and news media outlets daily. I see what you are saying regarding percentages, but government officials always ask for numbers as the basis of an argument.

You are right

The data and graph should and will be included in the submission.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

hello sweetswinks,

I'd like to state in response to you comment to JessicaUK about 1-130's been more important. If i am not wrong, that is your position because you disagree with JessicaUK on her statement that they are "no more important than 129f".

I have not seen or heard of any political law (i'm referring to the constitution) that states that "a marriage should not be separated for 2-3 times as long as an engaged couple."

However, the 14th amendment of the U.S. constitution allows citizens equal rights and protection of the law. That means we should get the same treatment under the law.

So unless, there is a special circumstance, no immigration procedure is more important than the other.

Immigration is NOT a right. It's not. It's a privilege. She didn't say anything about political laws. And that bold text you have at the end there also assumes that I-129Fs are no more important than any other petition, so you just invalidated your whole argument there.

Edited by jfgk1987

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Somebody mailed Donald Neufeld on another topic and his reply was this: I'm quoting from his post:

Dear Sir,

I assure you there is no malfeasance behind the processing time differences at our Service Centers. However, information on how to report USCIS misconduct is available here.

Our goal is to provide consistent processing times across all our facilities. However, in processing over 4 million cases annually at all four centers there are numerous factors that can impact our ability to deliver on that goal. Unfortunately, the Texas Service Center (TSC) has developed a small backlog in handling I-129F fiancé petitions. We are aware of this and are working diligently to address the delay. If the petition filed on your behalf has been pending longer than the posted TSC processing time, the petitioner may submit an e-request. Information on e-requests and other case status information is available here.

Sincerely,

Donald Neufeld

So according USCIS after 5 months we can submit an e-request?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hello sweetswinks,

I'm not trying to offend anyone here! And I apologise some have taken my words the wrong way. It's just about looking at the bigger picture. We should just consider ALL applications and equality across the board.

Timeline

Look at this

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline

Check out this graph

TSC.doc

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline

hello sweetswinks,

Are you gonna include the processing times and data for I130's and I1485's to speed those up too? seeing as no immigration procedure is more important than the other.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.