FabFab

Confusion in what I must bring to the interview.

8 posts in this topic

Hi folks.

This may sound a little stupid but I am confused with what documents should I bring to the interview for my green card application.

I received the convocation and in the list of items to bring it says:

- Bring the complete affidavit of support with all the required proof, unless already submitted

- Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application.

So my question is, since I already submitted the affidavit of support with the required proofs, should I still bring it even tho I already send it? or should I only bring the documents for I-485 ?

Thank you for your help!

Fabien.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Similar-themed thread from last week in the forum :

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/505537-aos-interview/

HTH

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

Hi folks.

This may sound a little stupid but I am confused with what documents should I bring to the interview for my green card application.

I received the convocation and in the list of items to bring it says:

- Bring the complete affidavit of support with all the required proof, unless already submitted

- Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application.

So my question is, since I already submitted the affidavit of support with the required proofs, should I still bring it even tho I already send it? or should I only bring the documents for I-485 ?

Thank you for your help!

Fabien.

Here is what I brought to the interview and has no issues at all while receiving an approval stamp at the interview:

The I-864 was already submitted, but since I submitted my AOS back in Feb, my 2013 taxes were not ready yet. So I brought a copy of those, just in case they needed to see them. However they didn’t ask.

Here is something to think about. They could have possibly lost all your I-864 documents, so you might want to bring a copy of what you sent in if getting approved ASAP is a huge matter. If you are not in a rush, then I wouldn't bring them. Your choice.

The original documents I brought were:

1) Certified marriage certificate

2) USC Birth Cert

3) Immigrants Birth Cert with English translation

4) Divorce decree

5) DS-3025 that you received from her medical interview (if you all came in on K1)

Hope this helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Here is what I brought to the interview and has no issues at all while receiving an approval stamp at the interview:

The I-864 was already submitted, but since I submitted my AOS back in Feb, my 2013 taxes were not ready yet. So I brought a copy of those, just in case they needed to see them. However they didn’t ask.

Here is something to think about. They could have possibly lost all your I-864 documents, so you might want to bring a copy of what you sent in if getting approved ASAP is a huge matter. If you are not in a rush, then I wouldn't bring them. Your choice.

The original documents I brought were:

1) Certified marriage certificate

2) USC Birth Cert

3) Immigrants Birth Cert with English translation

4) Divorce decree

5) DS-3025 that you received from her medical interview (if you all came in on K1)

Hope this helps.

So eventually in your interview, what did they ask for? What are the documents they asked to see?

Thanks

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm using the Interview Notice checklist as a guide and bringing originals and a copy of everything listed on that.

Because we submitted AOS paperwork in December 2013, and it's now 2014, we're also bringing a revised i-864 form and relevant supporting documents (2013 W2s, new letter explaining why my husband didn't file taxes in 2013, and as my husband's income increased significantly in June 2014 we're including evidence to support that as well).

My EAD and Advanced Parole have already been issued so I'm not bringing any information relating to those, apart from my EAD / AP card, of course.

I work on the assumption that the more / recent information we provide, the better. Then, after each stage of the process, I feel stupid for having got so stressed and wasted time and energy doing more than we needed to do to get through that stage. And then I tell myself that the wasted stress and time and energy was better than not having the right document to hand and being denied / delayed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

So eventually in your interview, what did they ask for? What are the documents they asked to see?

Thanks

Both of our ID's from TX

Marriage Cert

Pictures of Bona Fide Marriage

Divorce decree

Joint documents (joint bank account, joint anything)

Her passport

• 4 weeks later...

Alright,

The interview was on Monday and everything went well, my AOS got approved and my green card is on the way. I ended up going to the interview with almost exactly the same package than for the I-485 except I had my EAD card and my social security card.

The officer was nice he asked me the questions from the form and very few questions about us except our birth dates.

thank you everyone you've been really helpful!!

Fabien.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations!!

What type of visa did you adjust from?

When you get a chance, don't forget to post a review.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.