11 posts in this topic

Hi. I am preparing my requirements for applying AOS/EAD/TRAVEL DOCUMENT. I saw a few tips and ideas on how to assemble the package but now I am confuse.

Some says it should be assembled and divided in 3 categories but to send in ONE package like this cover letter example shown below:

but some says to just send all the 3 important forms (I-485/765/131) and the rest of the requirements unlike this cover letter shown below.
NEED HELP PLS. thank you. God bless
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120
For Express mail and courier deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517
I-485 – Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
 G-1145 Form - E-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
 Payment in the amount of $1070.00 made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland
Security
 Form I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
 Copy of birth certificate
 Copy of Passport biographic page
 Copy of K1 visa in passport & USA entry stamp
 Form DS-3025, Vaccination Documentation Worksheet
 Form G-325A - Biographic Information
 2 Passport-style photos with name and A# written on the back
 Copy of I-797, Notice of Approval for I-129F Petition (NOA 2)
 Certified true copy of marriage certificate
 Wedding Photos
 Copy of I-94 – Arrival/Departure record
 Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, – signed and dated by
(SPOUSE’S NAME) (US citizen spouse), along with:
 Copy of ITR Form 1040 (2013)
 Copy of W2- Wage and Tax Statement (2013
 Recent pay stubs
 Bank Statement
 Copy of (SPOUSE’S NAME) Passport Biographic Page
 Copy of (SPOUSE’S NAME) Birth Certificate with a translated copy
I-765 – Application for Employment Authorization
 Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization
 Copy of K1 visa in passport & USA Entry stamp
 2 Passport-style photos with name and A# written at the back
 Copy of a “Certified true copy” of marriage certificate
I-131 – Application for Travel Document, (Advanced Parole)
 Form I-131 - Application for Travel Document (Advanced Parole)
 Copy of K1 visa in passport & USA entry stamp
 2 Passport-style photos with name and A# written at the back
 Copy of “Certified true copy” of marriage certificate
 Copy of I-797, Notice of Approval for I-129F Petition

f the requirements and for the Travel Doc/Advance parole its had its own requirements as well.

But some says that they just send one package with the forms I-485/765/131 and the rest of the requirements in one not as compared above.

example of cover letter:

When we filed, I definitely separated the documents as per form but all sent together. Even if there are multiples of the same thing, I want to make it easier on the person reviewing the file. I also used a document clip and plastic sleeves to keep the documents together. Make sure there a copies for you have a duplicate file of what you send off, together with mailing receipt (proof of date).

Double check the fee total because it not they will send back your check and package, you will then have to correct the amount and resent. It's a pain in the a** but no big deal and they will even separate each stapled to their own special form cover page! :P lol

Just an FYI that there seems to be no problem with the submission of non notarized documents.

Call USCIS directly if you are confused by the fee amount. Our mil legal rep told us the wrong amount (seems that it was changed) and we ended up over paying. Unlike other gov agencies that will send you the difference on a check, USCIS will send back your cheque and package.

Filed: Timeline

Call USCIS directly if you are confused by the fee amount. Our mil legal rep told us the wrong amount (seems that it was changed) and we ended up over paying. Unlike other gov agencies that will send you the difference on a check, USCIS will send back your cheque and package.

Use this link to go to the USCIS web page, http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

This amount did not change over the last two years!

Was just saying it was different to what was printed on the check list we were given by mil legal(don't know why but they put the total for the separate fees for I-485 & I-765). It doesn't hurt to get a verbal confirmation anyway. People get confused because they state do amounts for each individual form and sometimes not immediately clear it maybe combined. Also some times you can get a fee waiver etc.

Edited by funkymunky

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

wedding photos not necessary , needed at green card interview stage....marriage certificate for I-485 only.

9/16/2013-I-129-F Petition Rec`d-(Dallas lockbox, transfered to CSC)
9/19/2013-Notice Date- NOA-1
10/1/2013-Notice Date- NOA-2-I-129-F Petition Approved!
11/1/2013-NVC Rec`d I-129-F Petition
11/14/2013- U.S.Consulate- BKK Rec`d I-129-F
11/23/2013-Rec`d Packet 3
12/1/2013-Medical Exam
12/9/2013-Packet 3 sent to U.S. Consulate-BKK
12/16/2013-Rec`d Packet 4
1/22/2014-Interview/Approved!
1/25/2014-Rec`d Visa/Passport (Korat)

4/30/2014-POE-Chicago-O`Hare
5/1/2014-Successful S.S.# Application(Chicago office)Marriage License(Cook County)
5/2/2014-Married!
5/16/2014-AOS,I-765,I-131 package received by U.S.C.I.S.
5/19/2014-Notice Date- NOA-1`s
5/23/2014-Rec`d Biometrics Appointment Notice
5/30/2014-Early Biometrics(Chicago location)
7/26/2014-I-765 and I-131 Approved (card production)
8/01/2014-Rec`d Combo Card
9/10/2014-Rec`d Potential Interview Waiver Letter
3/20/2015-Filed form with CIS Ombudsman requesting assistance with AOS.
3/21/2015-Rec`d case# from Ombudsman.
4/03/2015-Sent I-765/I-131 renewal documents to U.S.C.I.S.
4/9/2015- NOA Notice Dates-I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/10/2015-NOA Notice Date-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/27/2015-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.

5/22/2015-Rec`d RFE for expired Medical Exam.

5/23/2015-Rec`d Renewal Combo Card.

6/8/2015-Updated I-693 Medical Exam sent to U.S.C.I.S. (New York office)

6/20/2015-Rec`d Welcome Letter.

6/24/2015-Rec`d Green Card via U.S.P.S.

I sent all of the items together in one package. Each form and required documents were included in its own plastic sleeve with a blank piece of paper on top clearly marking what was inside of each plastic folder.

This is what I put as a cover sheet on each plastic folder, written clearly with a black sharpie felt pen.

'Adjustment of Status I-478 form and supporting documents'

'Application for Employment Authorization I-765 form and supporting documents'

'Application for Travel Document I-131 form and supporting documents'

Sirdaniel42 is correct the amounts haven't changed. USD $1070 is correct and that includes all three applications I-485/765/131. Ignore the part about separate fees, they don't count as you are filing the forms together.

If it asks for duplicates for each application, like your passport bio page or birth certificate, then put the duplicates in. Don't put in one copy of a birth certificate to cover all 3 forms etc as it will most likely be sent back to you.

I sent all of the items together in one package. Each form and required documents were included in its own plastic sleeve with a blank piece of paper on top clearly marking what was inside of each plastic folder.

This is what I put as a cover sheet on each plastic folder, written clearly with a black sharpie felt pen.

'Adjustment of Status I-478 form and supporting documents'

'Application for Employment Authorization I-765 form and supporting documents'

'Application for Travel Document I-131 form and supporting documents'

Sirdaniel42 is correct the amounts haven't changed. USD $1070 is correct and that includes all three applications I-485/765/131. Ignore the part about separate fees, they don't count as you are filing the forms together.

If it asks for duplicates for each application, like your passport bio page or birth certificate, then put the duplicates in. Don't put in one copy of a birth certificate to cover all 3 forms etc as it will most likely be sent back to you.

how about notarization? which documents are needed to be notarized? thank you

how about notarization? which documents are needed to be notarized? thank you

We didn't get anything certified/notarized.

The only comment on the visajourney guides is that some people get asked for a certified copy of the marriage certificate, we just did a normal copy and sent it in.

I think my wife tried to get it nortarized and had a bit of trouble so we just threw our hands up in the air and said 'stuff it' and sent it off. It worked. If you do it this way I hope it works for you also.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.