aidsman

K1 July 2014 Filers

681 posts in this topic

OK I get a lot of FLAK over some of my posts.

But I do not understand it, You are ready to give up. after five months, yes mine went super fast in comparison to many, but we were prepared to wait because we knew what wanted and were willing to wait for one another.

I believe a person is only ready for giving up when you were not sure of what you wanted to begin with.

If you are already ready to give on your future spouse maybe it is a good thing that you do it now instead of after they, you get married and life has a few bumps.

I have had to fight and work hard and be patient for everything I have ever gotten in life, so has my fiancée and God has seen fit to bless us with fast paperwork, maybe that was because he knew we would not give up unless the other gave us significant reason to do so.

My suggestion is if you are ready to give up this point then maybe you should.

There is no Bribing done with Visa system, no influence the only priority given is military about to deploy or transfer and then they have a nightmare of paperwork they have to go through and have to request priority at every point.

I work fork for a different branch of USG and deal with a great deal of paperwork and I can tell you and everyone else on here. We USG employee's got through a nightmare of scrutiny and have to feel mountains of paperwork every year to show we are not being influenced even personal financial disclosures for some of us and investigate wore than the worst of criminals. we are too afraid of showing favoritism, we will lose our clearances, careers and be screwed for life. yes sometimes some do and they always, always get caught in time and are screwed for life when they do.

as i posted on other threads, be prepared , double and triple check everything before you submit it, be prepared to wait. start looking ahead now and be prepared for the next step before it arrives. had we not been ready to react in a couple fo days we would of had to of waited for more than two months for an interview slot. my fiancee spent four days riding buses, trains, groups taxis and individual taxis to accomplish the medical exam, and interview. WHen you go for interview have everything they ask for on sheet.

we could not get her a new NBI in time, we were told we old get it at Filipino consulate in Israel they said no had to request from Philippines, so said ok we have the rest of our ducks in a row and so she had sent a fedex request home asking for a family member to get it. the CO was so impressed with our organization and the fact we had everything else, not just the minimum some people on here say to do. the co said your visa will be issued as soon as you get me the NBI and took my fiancées passport that moment and said see, I know you will get me NBI, so I will affix visa and wait for you to get my NBI. Most CO's will refuse and say you are denied until I get NBI, but ours was so impressed she did not question my fiancée, and my fiancée said interview only lasted six (6) minutes

what I am saying in summary if you want to give up please do so and save the visa system a blemish because you will later anyways when things get rough.

if not be prepared to wait and be pro active

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Yea . . coming from a person that didn't have to wait . . you can talk all day about waiting, buy you have no idea. Maybe they saw you work for the USG, but something made them expedite yours.

My petition is clear and obvious. We have known each other 5 years with evidence. Now every minute we're apart, we're growing apart. Psychology 101 . .any relationship that is apart longer than 60 days begins to dissipate. Irrelevant to what I want to do, my only concern is being with my fiance again. The big problem is, if they deny us, we will be in a very bad situation. At this point, it looks like we're going to be one of the petitions that takes more than a year.

So, before you speak . . try experiencing our situation. You have no clue what it's like to be separated form the only person you love and not know what your future looks like because the corrupted US government is in control.

Tim (L) Natalia

Petition Sent: 08/04/2014

Received: 08/06/2014

RFE: 10/29/2014

RFE Reply: 11/04/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have a notice date of Aug 6th . .I recently received an RFE and responded, but in my opinion this is taking way too long. I have seen many posts where people are ready to give up . . so am I. America is a nice place, but it doesn't compare to being with my fiance (no matter where we are). By the way, calling, sending letter, or anything else doesn't help. The US government has no concern for it's citizens or their relationships.

So, just a note to those who are still waiting and wondering why there are so many who have not had to wait: You're not alone. A message to those who were expedited, please post your influence, bribe, or trick . . . ignored, inquiring minds want to know.

WE had two RFE and we received our NOA2 12 days after our 2nd RFE.....think it was about 5 days after they received the RFE in the mail.....hopefully your NOA2 will arrive this week!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hopeful,

Perhaps you get flak over your posts because you post so often, therefore people see you more often.

To be honest, at this point everything is TSC vs CSC. Combining that with the expedites for Filipinos and you have a very volatile, angry crowd on hand. The discrepancies between the two service centers is downright criminal - 5+ months compared to 15-30 days. Absolutely unacceptable.

People are most likely not angry with you, and maybe I missed a post but I am not sure why this was brought up so suddenly? I thought you had filed, were approved and moving on to the next stage, are you rebuffing someone's post? I think I missed something.

Yep - we all agreed to wait 5 months. 5 months is what we were told by USCIS as their standard processing time. The reality is that there is a ridiculous discrepancy which is wholly unfair to petitioners who have no choice in where their petition goes. When we (for example, at TSC) see someone from CSC applying 15 days before their NOA2 arrives, we get a little miffed. Rightly so, to be honest. TSC folks see it as insensitive to practically have it shoved down our throats every day by CSC petitioners. CSC petitioners feel they have the right to talk about it and celebrate same as everyone else. Both groups are correct, it's all in the emotions. Either way it's never handled appropriately.

If it seems like you are being verbally attacked by others, report it. I am not sure if something was missed because I honestly don't follow this thread anymore. I check in every once in a while, but it is too heartbreaking and depressing so I stick with the July TSC post.

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

WE had two RFE and we received our NOA2 12 days after our 2nd RFE.....think it was about 5 days after they received the RFE in the mail.....hopefully your NOA2 will arrive this week!

Thanks for the info . . . that would be nice. My fiance quit her job in preparation for the time needed to do the VISA process. I need to figure out what I need to do to help her and what to tell her she needs to do.

Tim (L) Natalia

Petition Sent: 08/04/2014

Received: 08/06/2014

RFE: 10/29/2014

RFE Reply: 11/04/2014

The only advantage my job could have given been us, is the fact that we both have been investigated already and that may have come up when they did their checks on us. I had to wait 8 months to get my job I have now waiting on a security clearance and had to wait six months to take a better job for a clearance upgrade.

I have to report all of my overseas trips before I go and then it takes hours to fill out forms once I get home and have been called up and told to come in for an Interview after I return. you have no idea what I have had to do to get my USG job and to keep it. I also had to report and give full disclosure on my fiancée before we even agreed to be a couple. she was thoroughly investigate a year ago. So if this gave us a short advantage over everyone else, because of our investigative back ground being rubber stamped, then I say we deserved it.

We live in a fish bowl,

But a huge advantage H3LL NO! No way all we may have gotten was our investigative part done rubber stamped when they ran our info. but as far as giving up priority it does not happen. I know other USG people who waited 7 months for an NOA2 their entire process took a long, long time.

As far as waiting goes I was overseas once for 2 years away from a girl friend and could not return to see her and all we could do was write letters and those were subject to review. If you want to be with your fiancée bad enough you will wait.

Like I said I told my fiancée in the beginning a friend went through this 11 years ago and it took 11 months and we both understood it could easily take a year. we were prepared to wait, we stayed busy as I have said on my of my posts and we were constantly asking questions on here both publicly and privately of people as to what to do to be prepared for the next step.

My advice either give up or get busy getting ready for the next of the process and for the arrival of your fiancée.

Personally I hope you choose the later.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I also was prepared for the wait. It wasn't until after we sent in our petition that I found out service centers are assigned by state of residence. We got our NOA2 in 65 days and I thought that was awesome! My heart goes out to all of you waiting and waiting longer. Especially TSC folks. You are all 100% right. The waiting is NOT fair. Yes we were all prepared for the 5 months wait BUT when you see PI getting approved in a month (I blocked someone who kept bragging about it) and then CSC approving petitions in 8 days it's a whole different ball game. It is not right... 8 days seriously I mean come on! Even I felt jipped somehow after seeing that. Total utter BS. So to tell people "well you knew it would take 5 months so..." Isn't completely fair.

I also have had to work hard for everything I have...nothing's ever been handed to me and I feel totally blessed to be this far. My fiancé and I have a difficult rode ahead...this all was the easy part. His interview will be the real obstacle.

I pray everyday for all of you...all of us on this difficult road. All we want is the life, love, and happiness "normal" couples take for granted.

And I pray SOMEONE in government immigration does something about this discrepancy and injustice! You may see me on Washington one day!

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Some people really need to check themselves and the way they say things. My fiance and I have worked hard for everything we have, too, and yet someone saw fit to misdirect our case to Washington State instead of NVC.

Explain how we deserved that.

Timeline

I didn't mean to offend anyone or dispute anything they have said. Everyone has a right to their own feelings and opinions. There are so many facets to this process trying to fully understand what everyone goes through is very difficult. Everyone's situation is different. Best of luck to all of you!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

As someone who has watched many folks receive their NOA2 much faster than I did, I consider myself very fortunate to be at the CSC. At the same time, I was also feeling the same intense frustration as many others here after watching other approvals take place ahead of ours.

I wish I could recall on exactly which VJ forum I read this, but basically someone who has worked at USCIS processing applications said that when there is anything unusual about an application, the adjudicator simply sets it aside for awhile, or they ask send a note to their superior about it, who gets to it whenever they can, adding weeks to the processing. This seemed to be the case with our application--a minor issue with my name had me waiting almost an extra month for my approval.

Regarding the fast CSC approvals--keep in mind that all of USCIS is under pressure to make their processing times look reasonable. CSC doing a bunch of fast approvals improves the National Average numbers, which seems to be a vain attempt to obscure just how slow the TSC processing takes.

I continue to think good thoughts for everyone going through this process, and despite feeling frustrated with the wait, I have been so glad to be a part of the July filer community! You have each in your own way helped us and will continue to help us through the process. Thank you!

7/17/2014: I-129F sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

7/18/2014: I-129F delivery confirmation on USPS website

7/23/2014: Bank account shows deposit of filing fee

7/23/2014: USCIS text message and email confirmation of routing to CSC

7/24/2014: Alien Reg # Changed

7/29/2014: Hardcopy NOA1 received

10/16/2014: RFE Text received

10/23/2014: RFE Reply sent

10/27/2014: RFE Reply received

11/5/2014: NOA2 received via text and email

11/24/2014: NVC Case # created :thumbs:

:clock:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello to all the july filers out there in fiancé-land!

Just called the NVC, i'll give a little info about my experience incase other will find it helpful..

I started calling around 9am and only received busy signals. i then did a little research on VJ and found that this is typical. I was using my cell phone so i continued redialing. After multiple attempts (a little less than 20, as my call records show) i was able to get through to the automated system which immediately placed me on hold for nearly 25 mins. at last a rep answers the phone and asks for my receipt # and verifies some info about my fiancé and i. following these questions, i ask if our approved petition has reached them.....

and it has ! our approved petition has be forward to consulate :]

exciting times!

during the time we received our i29f approval i was prepping for a trip to visit my fiancé, now I'm back home and we're receiving this good news. yay!

wishing everyone the best! ^.^

I29F

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-17

I-129F RFE : 2014-10-02

RFE Reply : 2014-10-10

RFE Reply Received : 2014-10-15

Timeline

Hello to all the july filers out there in fiancé-land!

Just called the NVC, i'll give a little info about my experience incase other will find it helpful..

I started calling around 9am and only received busy signals. i then did a little research on VJ and found that this is typical. I was using my cell phone so i continued redialing. After multiple attempts (a little less than 20, as my call records show) i was able to get through to the automated system which immediately placed me on hold for nearly 25 mins. at last a rep answers the phone and asks for my receipt # and verifies some info about my fiancé and i. following these questions, i ask if our approved petition has reached them.....

and it has ! our approved petition has be forward to consulate :]

exciting times!

during the time we received our i29f approval i was prepping for a trip to visit my fiancé, now I'm back home and we're receiving this good news. yay!

wishing everyone the best! ^.^

Good news! Our consulate also received our file while I was there visiting him. I got the letter from NVC when I returned! We have yet to received or hear anything from the consulate tho. Getting a little worried.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good news! Our consulate also received our file while I was there visiting him. I got the letter from NVC when I returned! We have yet to received or hear anything from the consulate tho. Getting a little worried.

i think you can call the consulate to see if they've received your nvc packet.

I29F

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-17

I-129F RFE : 2014-10-02

RFE Reply : 2014-10-10

RFE Reply Received : 2014-10-15

Timeline

i think you can call the consulate to see if they've received your nvc packet.

We are just going to send in the DS160 first and if no response then we will definitely have to make a call. I've tried emailing but just keep getting automated responses. I pray it's not lost!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We are just going to send in the DS160 first and if no response then we will definitely have to make a call. I've tried emailing but just keep getting automated responses. I pray it's not lost!!

You can schedule the medical with the NVC case number, complete the DS160, and I-134 with documents should also be completed. Once you have medical exam date complete the readiness form and submit to embassy. I have learned through others to be proactive and complete things ahead of schedule! We completed the DS160 and readiness form and our file is still in transit to embassy. I have talked to a few people that have done this and their interviews were scheduled within 4 weeks of NVC.....good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.