aidsman

K1 July 2014 Filers

681 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

My fiancé is with the military as well and he's been asking me to ask me how he can request for our petition to be expedited since he's going on deployment early next year. Will really appreciate it. Thanks. :) btw, we got our noa1 July 2nd.

Timeline

Hi,

My fiancé is with the military as well and he's been asking me to ask you guys how he can request for our petition to be expedited since he's going on deployment early next year. We got our noa1 July 2nd. Will really appreciate it. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi all, wondering if any other July filers at CSC other than FamilyguyT :) have heard anything back regarding RFEs or NOA2s?

Thank you!!

The only reason FamilyguyT received the NOA2 is because it was an expedited Philipine case.....everyone else will have to wait the normal length which currently is about two months at CSC :-(

Timeline

Did they tell you my case expedited? LoL....

I (Todd) am the petitioner from the U.S. / Beth is in/from Philippines :thumbs:

---------------VISA JOURNEY---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6-30-2014: Mailed I129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox......... H e e e r e WE g o o o o o!! (L):wub::dance:

7-08-2014: Received email confirmation & text of application packet receipt and case #. Texas Service Center.

7-11-2014: Received actual letter confirmation of receipt and case #.

7-11-2014: Received email notification of Alien registration # being changed.

7-31-2014: Received text/email of I129F approval (Post Decision Activity) yes, we were processed at TSC!

8-04-2014: Received hard copy NOA2 in mail confirming approved and sent to NVC.

8-05-2014: Received text/email and USCIS status update. 2nd half of Post Decision Activity - Sent to DOS for processing.

8-13-2014: NVC assigned case/MNL# !!!

8-15 -2014: Interview scheduled.....August 28!

8-15 -2014: CEAC status: IN TRANSIT to Consular Section.

8-18-2014: CEAC status changed to "READY"

8-18-2014: Shots completed 2nd day. Medical complete. received a CD, papers, and passport

8-19-2014: Completed CFO seminar (Will return to CFO office to get sticker after Visa is in hand)

8-25-2014: Received hard copy of NVC case # assignment and fwd to consulate letter in mail.

8-28-2014: 1:00 am my time...........Interview done.........APPROVED !!! :dancing:(L):wow::wub::thumbs:

9-02-2014: Administrative Processing

9-04-2014: Issued

9-07-2014: Text msg from 2GO, Visa ready for pickup

9-08-2014: Visa in hand, CFO sticker obtained

--------AOS JOURNEY-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-05-2014: AOS Package at Chicago Lockbox received per U.S. mail tracking

12-19-2014: Received texts/emails that file has been accepted and routed. (All three...485, 131,765)

12-26-2014: Received Biometrics appointment notice. Scheduled 1-7-2015.

12-27-2014: Received NOA1 / I-797C in mail for all three applications.

01-07-2014: Biometrics completed in Fort Smith, AR. .. went in early, they took us no problem. Took maybe 10 minutes.

02-10-2015: Received text and emails notification of approved EAD and AP. Status changed to reflect approval.

02-17-2-15: Received NOA I-797 letter only.....for Advanced Parole in mail.

02-21-2015: Received EAD/AP combo card in mail today.

03-19-2015: Received the "Notice of Potential Interview Case" letter in mail today.

06-03-2015: Requested to expedite due to potential loss of funds if vacation had to be cancelled due to non acceptable travel docs to Mexico.

06-05-205: Response denying expedite. Stated while sounded important, only cases strictly adhering to the "qualification" to expedite are granted such process.

08-11-2015: Sent "out of processing time" inquiry

08-12-2015: Received generic response stating that due to workload factors USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case."

08-15-2015: (Saturday@8am) received email stating a recent processing action has taken place on our case. Status:Card/Document Production

"We ordered your new card for MSCxxxxxxxx, and will mail it. You can expect your card within 30 days of approval of your application.

8-12-2015: Online status changed to "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" . Couple days later, received hard copy of notice.

8-31-2015: Received text notifying that "We mailed your new card"

9-01-2015: Received GREEN CARD!! 275 days from date of mailing/filing AOS.

I have heard on many forums that philipine cases are expidited but i see some profiles on here where they selected the Manila Consulate and they are still waiting after a couple of months so can someone show me where it says on the USCIS site they are being expidited. Just curiois is all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-reminds-filipino-nationals-impacted-typhoon-haiyan-available-immigration-relief-measures

Here is the USCIS information on Philippine expedites

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

NO WHERE on the following information pulled from the USCIS website does it say that K-1 applicants can be expedited. Not only that, it states that an expedite must be requested.

Please just stop giving out false information to the readers of this forum. Unless you've been told by USCIS personally that Philippine residents are/have been expedited with K-1 process, then you are only speculating.

I've posted several times now that if you go and do the research, you will see that there are many others that aren't from the Philippines that have been processed quickly. My case was NOT requested as an expedite.

It states nothing about an "auto expedite" because it doesn't exist.

USCIS Reminds Filipino Nationals Impacted by Typhoon Haiyan of Available Immigration Relief Measures

Release Date: November 15, 2013

In light of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines (named “Yolanda” by Philippine authorities), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) would like to remind Filipino nationals that they may be eligible for certain immigration relief measures if requested.

USCIS understands that a natural disaster can affect an individual’s ability to establish or maintain lawful immigration status in the United States. Therefore, Filipino nationals impacted by Typhoon Haiyan may be eligible to benefit from the following immigration relief measures:

• Change or extension of nonimmigrant status for an individual currently in the United States, even when the request is filed after the authorized period of admission has expired;
  • Extension of certain grants of parole made by USCIS;
  • Extension of certain grants of advance parole, and expedited processing of advance parole requests;
  • Expedited adjudication and approval, where possible, of requests for off-campus employment authorization for F-1 students experiencing severe economic hardship;
  • Expedited processing of immigrant petitions for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens;
  • Expedited adjudication of employment authorization applications, where appropriate; and
  • Assistance to LPRs stranded overseas without immigration or travel documents, such as Permanent Resident Cards (Green Cards). USCIS and the Department of State will coordinate on these matters when the LPR is stranded in a place that has no local USCIS office.
Edited by FamilyGuyT

---------------VISA JOURNEY---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6-30-2014: Mailed I129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox......... H e e e r e WE g o o o o o!! (L):wub::dance:

7-08-2014: Received email confirmation & text of application packet receipt and case #. Texas Service Center.

7-31-2014: Received text/email of I129F approval (Post Decision Activity) yes, we were processed at TSC!

8-05-2014: Received text/email and USCIS status update. 2nd half of Post Decision Activity - Sent to DOS for processing.

8-18-2014: Shots completed 2nd day. Medical complete. received a CD, papers, and passport

8-19-2014: Completed CFO seminar (Will return to CFO office to get sticker after Visa is in hand)

8-25-2014: Received hard copy of NVC case # assignment and fwd to consulate letter in mail.

8-28-2014: 1:00 am my time...........Interview done.........APPROVED !!! :dancing:(L):wow::wub::thumbs:

--------AOS JOURNEY-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-19-2014: Received texts/emails that file has been accepted and routed. (All three...485, 131,765)

01-07-2014: Biometrics completed in Fort Smith, AR. .. went in early, they took us no problem. Took maybe 10 minutes.

02-10-2015: Received text and emails notification of approved EAD and AP. Status changed to reflect approval.

03-19-2015: Received the "Notice of Potential Interview Case" letter in mail today.

06-03-2015: Requested to expedite due to potential loss of funds if vacation had to be cancelled due to non acceptable travel docs to Mexico.

06-05-205: Response denying expedite. Stated while sounded important, only cases strictly adhering to the "qualification" to expedite are granted such process.

08-12-2015: Received generic response stating that due to workload factors USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case."

08-15-2015: (Saturday@8am) received email stating a recent processing action has taken place on our case. Status:Card/Document Production

"We ordered your new card for MSCxxxxxxxx, and will mail it. You can expect your card within 30 days of approval of your application.

8-12-2015: Online status changed to "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" . Couple days later, received hard copy of notice.

Timeline

The other 4 links are simply to "forums/discussions" that have no official correspondence to nullify that they aren't just speculation and hearsay.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why is this such a touchy subject for you? I've read multiple other posts between you and other VJers. You don't want to believe that your fiancee being from the Philippines had anything to do with your fast approval is your prerogative. I didn't give any false information, or say a word as a matter of fact...... merely copied and pasted links to posts I've read. If it were me, I wouldn't care what the reason was. We are all thrilled for you! Best of luck to you!

Timeline

Why is this such a touchy subject for you? I've read multiple other posts between you and other VJers. You don't want to believe that your fiancee being from the Philippines had anything to do with your fast approval is your prerogative. I didn't give any false information, or say a word as a matter of fact...... merely copied and pasted links to posts I've read. If it were me, I wouldn't care what the reason was. We are all thrilled for you! Best of luck to you!

As I've said in my other posts, I don't care if it was because the case worker thought she was cute, or that he/she liked my name or that I'm from Arkansas or ride a Harley or raise cows, or because it was raining that day..... whatever the reason, I am thrilled and thankful !

It's not a touchy subject and it's not that I don't want to believe she was expedited.

I just know there are a lot of readers on here and I feel they deserve to read facts instead of speculation that give them false information/time frames. If we were expedited, I would know about it.

If I thought we were expedited, I would be happy to say that.

It seems like the slow processed applications feel a "need" to assign a reason as to why mine along with many others were process quickly, I get that. But at the end of the day, no one knows why and I don't like giving false hope/information/guesses to anyone.

Back it up with facts from USCIS that I was expedited.....and I will recant every single one of my posts!! lol ;)

I'm just here to be as helpful and factual as I can to help others as I have been helped.

:star:

Wow i did not mean to start anything here.

But as said above nowhere does it say anything about K1 visas. As i said in my question i see plenty of applicants where they are going through the manila consulate and they have been waiting a while.

People please do not make assumptions. If there is no authority to redline something, agencies will not do it as a rule they like their USG job too much. Once again that was why i asked for a link to the specific authority.

I know i am a newbie here. I have asked questions like a lot of others because this is new to me amd confusing. And i deal gooberment red tape 8 hrs a day. That was why i asked.

Now if someone said when they did background checks that people with security clearances were being rubber stamped and moving quicker. It would make sense, because i know the kind of garbage we go through and the annual reporting that goes on for people in some USG jobs. To where there is no digging necessary the FBI can see everything with the click of a mouse. So their applications should only take a few minutes for the background review of the petitioner not weeks or months.

What it looks like to me is it just happened to land on the right persons desk who just got back from vacation or something and needed some work to do and there were no issues and the case breezed right through.

So to everyone whom my question has raised their blood pressure a few notches you have my apologies. It was not my intent. I only asked out of curiousity.

Ok well on a positive here. Cleaned the linen closet and removed everything and then painted it a nice extra white stain and the painted the bathroom ceiling this evening. I want to make the place as clean, bright and cheerful as i can for bride when she arrives. I know she will want to change some things which is ok with me. I just want her to habe a good base to start from. It also keeps me busy and take my focus off watching the phone for a text message saying the NOA2 has been sent.

: )

Timeline

Administrative Processing......as of today. Sure hope it's the good kind! UGH

Hello everyone. Been reading posts here for awhile now and got attracted to post queries since it kinda confused me. Sorry but I'm confused of NOA1&2. So I'll just type it this way. My fiance mailed our application June 24th then got a notice on July 3rd that the package was received then on July 7th got a notice again that it was moved to CSC. What's next now? My fiance always check our status and he said it wasn't touched yet. It's been almost two months now we haven't heard from them. Responses appreciated. Thank you guys and God bless!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.