aidsman

K1 July 2014 Filers

681 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

USCIS finally decided to do something about all the complaints from TSC filers still waiting and was proactive -reactive

If they were proactive, it never would have happened :) We all saw it coming...shame they couldn't.

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If they were proactive, it never would have happened :) We all saw it coming...shame they couldn't.

Part of the problem with being reactive is that there is one very flexible thing - the amount of petitions submitted. I am not sure what makes CSC go faster - averaging the amount of types of petitions along with volume, they should both be on track. We saw it coming only after they already slowed down - we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes at TSC that's causing the slowdown. Maybe Californians work faster because they have better weather (and beaches!) and want to get off work earlier B-)

Edited by MeganLuke

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Part of the problem with being reactive is that there is one very flexible thing - the amount of petitions submitted. I am not sure what makes CSC go faster - averaging the amount of types of petitions along with volume, they should both be on track. We saw it coming only after they already slowed down - we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes at TSC that's causing the slowdown. Maybe Californians work faster because they have better weather (and beaches!) and want to get off work earlier B-)

That would be a nice reason :). I think they should have geared up better to handle the transfers from VSC but of course I don't know all that was going on at the time so being an armchair quarterback is easy..:) At least they are finally doing something about it now.

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

USCIS received my petition on 7/31/2014 and routed it the California Service Center. The hard copy NOA1 is dated 8/4/2014. I am very anxious about the whole thing. My honey has her mind set on getting married January 2015.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

That would be a nice reason :). I think they should have geared up better to handle the transfers from VSC but of course I don't know all that was going on at the time so being an armchair quarterback is easy.. :) At least they are finally doing something about it now.

Yes... agree... things did seem to come to a screaming halt when the VSC files transferred. I can't imagine how the system functions.. if that's even the appropriate word. Things definitely seem to be moving with the CSC transfer but who knows for how long that will be given priority. It certainly is making a difference right now so let's hope that continues for long enough to improve the overall process for everyone and we can all carry on with life as planned (F)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

USCIS received my petition on 7/31/2014 and routed it the California Service Center. The hard copy NOA1 is dated 8/4/2014. I am very anxious about the whole thing. My honey has her mind set on getting married January 2015.

KerryBear,

Looks like you both are on the same basic timeline as my fiance and I...If the "five month" average holds true, hopefully your fiance will get her wish for a January wedding. After a friend of ours got their visa in hand in under 4-1/2 months, we had been hoping for a possible New Year's Eve wedding. We had hoped that one of the officials would see our story and push our case through quickly since we've been together for so long (yes, we know that's a long shot), but now with the transfers we realize that is probably a pipe dream, so I have a back up plan for spring just in case. It's so hard to plan your special day when so many things are out of our control, but at least it's getting closer every day no matter how long it ends up taking. Let's hope things move quicker!!! Good luck!

(L) (L) (L)OUR K-1 TIMELINE (L) (L) (L)

July 23, 2014: I-129f sent to Dallas Lockbox

July 28, 2014: Received notice of receipt from USPS

July 31, 2014: Check cashed and email/NOA-1 received :)

August 1, 2014: Notice on USCIS site that Alien Registration number had been changed

August 4, 2014: NOA-1 received via USPS (found out our Notice Date was actually July 30th, and I'm thankful for even one extra day) So glad to be at the California Service Center :dancing:

December 4, 2014 RFE - They lost our passport photos. :ranting:

March 3, 2015: Hallelujah! We got our NOA 2! :dancing:(L)

March 19, 2015: NVC Received! (L) :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's so hard to plan your special day when so many things are out of our control, but at least it's getting closer every day no matter how long it ends up taking. Let's hope things move quicker!!! Good luck!

So true. Today I was looking at January flights to/from Thailand and saw some great fares. I was thinking how great it'd be if I could book our travel now. It's going to cost a lot more if I have to book flights just a month before we fly. Good luck to you too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello, fellow Julysters! We FedExed our I-129F package to Texas on July 15. FedEx told us it would arrive July 21 but our tracking number revealed it actually got there on July 18!

That's the day we officially got engaged, too. Here's my story about the day if you're interested (I'm a writer): http://ourgreatescape.ca/2014/07/a-most-perfect-escape/

We received our text message yesterday and (HAPPILY!) we've been routed to California. That could mean we'll be able to have a Christmas wedding (er ... trip to the courthouse).

My current stress is getting an RFE and getting all the paperwork together for the next steps.

Good luck to everyone!

Hello!

Im also a julyster! just wanted to say i read your story…. how romantic!

good luck on your journey!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We were hoping for a Christmas arrival and New Year's Eve wedding as well but given the recent transfer of all the files from TSC I am not holding my breath......I think a Valentine's Day arrival might be a better estimate! I feel everyone's pain....after seeing so many CSC get approved within 4 weeks and the entire process only taking 3-4 months we got our hopes up and now the reality of a 5-6 month wait has hit.....I know in the big scheme it is a short time to wait but doesnt make it much easier right now! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello to everyone waiting!

waiting is hard..

how are you spending your time?

what helps to get your mind off of, missing your fiancé?

our last uscis update was an alien reg. # changed on the 22nd of july.

nothing since then.

hopes were high, now.. not so high

but all we can do is wait!

I29F

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-17

I-129F RFE : 2014-10-02

RFE Reply : 2014-10-10

RFE Reply Received : 2014-10-15

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello to everyone waiting!

waiting is hard..

how are you spending your time?

what helps to get your mind off of, missing your fiancé?

our last uscis update was an alien reg. # changed on the 22nd of july.

nothing since then.

hopes were high, now.. not so high

but all we can do is wait!

My hopes were high too especially when I found out we are at CSC. But then all the transfers started....so we're playing the waiting game like everyone else. It's not that fun. I recommend playing candy crush instead.

My fiancé and I were just talking about how hard it is to be apart. He occupies his time with music. I have been picking up extra hours at work and spending time with friends and family. Thankfully we will see each other in October. Can't wait!

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

urgh.......this waiting game is killing me too. the only thing that is changing on my file is "the processing time being push backward". it started out being the first week of Sept and now it is sitting in Oct. I am hurting bad too.... :clock::cry:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

urgh.......this waiting game is killing me too. the only thing that is changing on my file is "the processing time being push backward". it started out being the first week of Sept and now it is sitting in Oct. I am hurting bad too.... :clock::cry:

Same exact here. It changes every week. On igor's list we have gone from 326 to 343. :(

Oh well it is what it is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we all have our share of anxiety and desperation... the physical separation is the most unbearable factor of this whole process... :clock::crying::clock:

we're madly in love and like anyone else here, we're dying to be reunited and start our lives as husband and wife. (L)

but with the transfers happening (...NOT soliciting bad comments from TSC filers please) ... the hope of spending Christmas together is becoming bleak... :crying:

we are trying to work extra hours to come up with funds for his soonest visit back to the Philippines (maybe before December when the plane fares are still friendly). I sell some of my stuff, too since i won't be able to bring em all to Vegas.

Filipinos having close-knit family and friends. I spend more time with the people i'll leaving behind. I'm sure we wont be able to afford visiting in the next 2-3yrs (with the AOS expenses- considering we have a K2- and saving up for another baby).

It is in this indefinite waiting period that I'll be forever grateful to whoever invented Skype, Viber and social networking sites. We communicate on a daily basis. The time zone difference sucks but we compromise and make sure we get to talk even for just an hour a day.

Let's all try to stay sane and encourage each other to make our journeys a worthwhile one...

it's never just the destination, the path leading to it should be an experience full of learnings and positivity.

Best of luck to all of us ! (L)(L)(L)

(when i say luck because this seems like a lottery- you'll never know why another application gets approved earlier than yours, LOL :rofl: )

Bea, the beneficiary

Edited by Ryan&Bea

04-06-14 became friends online

05-06-14 met in person

05-17-14 we"officially" dated

05-23-14 got engaged (L)

07-07-14 FedExed I29F to Texas Lockbox

07-09-14 case received and routed to CSC

07-10-14 alien registration # assigned

10-01-14 NOA2 approval thru website (no txt nor emails but awaiting hardcopy) :wow:

10-09-14 NOA2 hardcopy received (delay due to address change)

10-20-14 NVC received, MNL# was given

10-20-14 CEAC status 'AT NVC'

10-21-14 visa fee payment for K1and K2 posted via BPI online

10-22-14 CEAC status 'IN TRANSIT'

10-23-14 CEAC status 'READY'

11-05-14 received SLEC medical clearance for K1/K2

11-05-14 attended 9am CFO seminar

11-14-14 USEM Interview (my USC fiance tagged along, Yey!)- APPROVED :dancing:

11-21-14 CEAC status 'ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.