aidsman

K1 July 2014 Filers

681 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am seeing a faster processing time for TSC....however my timeline has been pushed back almost two weeks. How is that possible???? A little frustrated today!

Because they are transferring some TSC cases to CSC to help with the TSC back log. So CSC times wait times have increased some to help make the 2 sites more even.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Because they are transferring some TSC cases to CSC to help with the TSC back log. So CSC times wait times have increased some to help make the 2 sites more e

Thank you for the info.

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yep my timeline has been pushed back again....now its the end of September and we started at the first week of September....who knows how many more times it will be pushed back in the next month! So much for a Christmas arrival :-(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep my timeline has been pushed back again....now its the end of September and we started at the first week of September....who knows how many more times it will be pushed back in the next month! So much for a Christmas arrival :-(

JenDave - I hear ya...Had our fingers and toes crossed for an end of the year wedding (even though we knew it would be pushing it), and now, that looks like a pipedream.

Today, my timeline was pushed back for the THIRD time. I've now been pushed to end of September/Early October!!!!! :clock::cry:

(L) (L) (L)OUR K-1 TIMELINE (L) (L) (L)

July 23, 2014: I-129f sent to Dallas Lockbox

July 28, 2014: Received notice of receipt from USPS

July 31, 2014: Check cashed and email/NOA-1 received :)

August 1, 2014: Notice on USCIS site that Alien Registration number had been changed

August 4, 2014: NOA-1 received via USPS (found out our Notice Date was actually July 30th, and I'm thankful for even one extra day) So glad to be at the California Service Center :dancing:

December 4, 2014 RFE - They lost our passport photos. :ranting:

March 3, 2015: Hallelujah! We got our NOA 2! :dancing:(L)

March 19, 2015: NVC Received! (L) :dancing:

Timeline

Same here. :( I hope it stops getting pushed back! But seeing all the cases being transferred from TSC I'm sure it will continue. Of course right when our journey begins they decide to do something about TSC. Story of my life.

JenDave - I hear ya...Had our fingers and toes crossed for an end of the year wedding (even though we knew it would be pushing it), and now, that looks like a pipedream.

Today, my timeline was pushed back for the THIRD time. I've now been pushed to end of September/Early October!!!!! :clock::cry:

Pushed back to October? I'd be thankful. We'reat TSC and ours isn't until Dec 25th - Jan 8th 2015....... its normal waiting time 5 months anyways so i'd be happy its showing otherwise..

Erica & Ross

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Engaged ~ 5.29.2014

Interview ~ 4.24.2015 ~ Approved!!!!

POE Date ~ 5.31.2015

I Do ~ 6.19.2015 :wub:

Sent AOS / EAD /AP ~ 8.22.2015

NOA 1 ~ 8.28.2015

Bio Metrics ~ 9.24.2015

Timeline

Pushed back to October? I'd be thankful. We'reat TSC and ours isn't until Dec 25th - Jan 8th 2015....... its normal waiting time 5 months anyways so i'd be happy its showing otherwise..

Yes, we know we should "count our blessings" because TSC filers have been waiting much longer. Totally understand that, and don't mean to upset those who have been stuck at TSC. We get that this is more "fair." Just venting because for those of us who got our hopes up after finding out we were sent to California (and started making plans based on others who had gotten through much sooner), are now watching our timelines go backwards. If I had been told to expect a 5-9 month wait based on prior caseloads, etc., I would have prepped for that. I have a friend who went through the California Service Center and her fiance's visa was in hand in 4-1/2 months. So yes, I was hopeful for a shorter than average (for CSC) wait time. My fiance and I have been on a very long journey (ours started in 1984, when we fell in love and due to our ages, were unable to navigate the immigration nightmare and 3 year long distance relationship (before Skype, texting, email, etc). We reconnected 5 years ago, and it has been beyond frustrating to see the same immigration red tape exists (and in so many ways it's harder since Canada no longer has a K-1 Visa). So yes, while it's not a "big wait" to those who have been stuck in the TSC waiting line, it FEELS like one for us...We've waited soooooo very long to be able to start our lives together, everday it is extended feels like much longer. Anyway...I guess to make what was meant to be a short story a bit longer, this thread has seemed to be filled with more comments from CSC filers, so no one is trying to be insensitive to those of you who have been assigned to TSC. I just like to think that everyone has an equal opportunity to share their personal frustrations.

August 1, 2014: Notice on USCIS site that Alien Registration number had been changed

August 4, 2014: NOA-1 received via USPS (found out our Notice Date was actually July 30th, and I'm thankful for even one extra day) So glad to be at the California Service Center :dancing:

Timeline

Same here. :( I hope it stops getting pushed back! But seeing all the cases being transferred from TSC I'm sure it will continue. Of course right when our journey begins they decide to do something about TSC. Story of my life.

Hang in there! Let's hope the "backwards slide" stops soon and/or they start picking up the pace at CSC and everyone starts moving forward (former TSC cases AND those of us originally assigned to CSC, too)!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

When you guys talk about being pushed back you mean on the Visajourney timeline, right?

I don't mean to break people's hearts, but if there is one thing I've learned in almost 6 months... That thing can give you some serious false hopes. I was pushed back a little bit every day, and that started driving me crazy.

I'm sure that it won't take 6 months for the people who were transferred, but still, I wouldn't advise anyone to keep looking at that :/

Good luck

(reading the July filers page because: no idea. This website is truly addictive when you are anxious)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

When you guys talk about being pushed back you mean on the Visajourney timeline, right?

I don't mean to break people's hearts, but if there is one thing I've learned in almost 6 months... That thing can give you some serious false hopes. I was pushed back a little bit every day, and that started driving me crazy.

I'm sure that it won't take 6 months for the people who were transferred, but still, I wouldn't advise anyone to keep looking at that :/

Good luck

(reading the July filers page because: no idea. This website is truly addictive when you are anxious)

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ This.

Watching the timeline estimates will drive you crazy. I stopped watching mine after the 25th or 30th push back. My initial estimate was late April/early May LOL. I am now mid August to early September which is probably the 50th push back over the last 5.5 months.

A watched pot never boils so best to keep yourselves occupied and not watch them. They are going to get longer for CSC so push backs will continue. Try not to get hung up on them :)

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

The frustrating part is that we had hope of a fast approval rate because of being assigneed to CSC and I understand TSC never had that hope so I am sorry about that but going into reading that the average NOA1-NOA2 approval was 35 days at CSC and now it is over 60 days and probably will get longer is difficult. Like someone mentioned earlier if I would have started off knowing it was was going to 6-8 months it would have been easier to deal with versus thinking it was going to be 2-4 months and now dealing with the delays. I know it sucks for everyone and we just have to wait it out....its ashame that a country our size only has two centers processing these files!

Timeline

The frustrating part is that we had hope of a fast approval rate because of being assigneed to CSC and I understand TSC never had that hope so I am sorry about that but going into reading that the average NOA1-NOA2 approval was 35 days at CSC and now it is over 60 days and probably will get longer is difficult. Like someone mentioned earlier if I would have started off knowing it was was going to 6-8 months it would have been easier to deal with versus thinking it was going to be 2-4 months and now dealing with the delays. I know it sucks for everyone and we just have to wait it out....its ashame that a country our size only has two centers processing these files!

Exactly. And after finding out we were at CSC, I was thrilled. But now I'm feeling like we should've just went the CR1 route. I preferred to marry in beautiful Jamaica anyway. Could've saved some money too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, the same thing happened to us December, January, February and March TSC filers. It really is very frustrating when things slow down exactly on your turn...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just take it a day at a time guys. Do something you enjoy so it makes time move faster

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-08-09

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-10-8

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-28

Interview: 2014-12-23 Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I understand that some people from CSC got their hopes up - but honestly, the standard is five months, no more no less. I would much rather expect five months, be at CSC, and get it in two, than be at TSC, expect they would do their jobs correctly and keep everyone at 5 months but it could end up being 7 or 8.

Five months is what USCIS tells us to wait... expecting anything sooner is a lot of wishful thinking - even if the service center you were transferred to is ahead of the game. Over the years all the service centers experienced huge fluctuations in timelines - some months TSC is fast, then VSC closes and dumps all their K-1's on TSC... TSC is slow now and CSC speeds up.

It's just how it goes. The bickering between CSC and TSC is just exhausting anymore. USCIS finally decided to do something about all the complaints from TSC filers still waiting and was proactive - keeping as many petitioners as possible within their stated five month time frame - and now a lot of CSC filers are complaining. CSC speeds up and TSC filers are complaining because it's unfair. Yeah - it is unfair. I have nothing against CSC, but USCIS has a weird way of making sure things are processed in the 'order they were received'. They should just have one giant center where ALL the K-1's go and just go in order of receipt (excluding long background checks, etc).

People keep getting their hopes up - first CSC because you were at an absurdly fast 30-60 days. Then a bunch of May and April filers were transferred from TSC to CSC... so June and July filers, like myself, are getting excited we will actually see the correct five month time frame. Heck - I am not even expecting anything sooner than five months!

Everyone has the exact same end goal - to be with our significant others. To marry and start a life TOGETHER instead of hundreds or thousands of miles apart. It's rough enough to handle the wait and being patient is definitely a virtue in this process. I try to put myself in the shoes of petitioners from CSC. I hope they do the same for petitioners at TSC. We all have enough stress over this process, adding this into the mix doesn't help ;)

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.