nyx510

Change of Center

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't monkey see, monkey do terrible ideas.

There is no monkey see, monkey do. Our first one was rejected, so it was refiled. We did not send in two and have two get processed.

Threads do not represent the average person, they represent the unlucky ones. I gave a link to the actual averages, which are exactly what I stated they were. If you wish to ignore the facts you are welcome to, but I don't know why anyone would choose to be wrong.

All NOA2 in the past 90 days.

TSC - 106 days

All NOA2 in the past 180 days.

TSC - 83 days

Those are the factual averages from VJ users, can you dispute them with facts?

Thanks for your response about resubmitting your petition.

I agree with your averages, but will also say that the TSC averages, at least for Philippine petitions, has been steadily going up over the last month of so. Timelines similar to mine used to be a 31 day avg. for NOA2, now it's up to 35 days.

Also just looked at the TSC 1-129f volume - almost 10,000 petitions compared to CSC's less than 3000... truth is in the numbers.

It looks like TSC was slammed with I-129f petitions from July 2013 to Dec. 2013, and they just haven't caught up yet.

I think at this point, if I was in a state that used TSC, I'd try to find someone who is in the CSC states and ask them to use their address. Then do a change of address after NOA2. is that even feasible? it's an idea coming out of desperation! ;)

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Timeline

Thanks for your response about resubmitting your petition.

I agree with your averages, but will also say that the TSC averages, at least for Philippine petitions, has been steadily going up over the last month of so. Timelines similar to mine used to be a 31 day avg. for NOA2, now it's up to 35 days.

Also just looked at the TSC 1-129f volume - almost 10,000 petitions compared to CSC's less than 3000... truth is in the numbers.

It looks like TSC was slammed with I-129f petitions from July 2013 to Dec. 2013, and they just haven't caught up yet.

Yes they have gone up, it was about 80 days when we filed. I told her we would get NOA2 probably late June (we got it early). Based on VJ threads she thought we would not get it until Nov. or Dec. She freaked out so many times because of it, I kept saying June .. based on actual averages.

Now the time has gone up a month, but seriously anyone telling you everyone is taking 7-8 months is flat out BSing. I would tell people it will probably be 3-4 months .. expect to wait 5. Almost everyone will fall into that category unless they have actual issues.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Threads do not represent the average person, they represent the unlucky ones. I gave a link to the actual averages, which are exactly what I stated they were. If you wish to ignore the facts you are welcome to, but I don't know why anyone would choose to be wrong.

All NOA2 in the past 90 days.

TSC - 106 days

All NOA2 in the past 180 days.

TSC - 83 days

Those are the factual averages from VJ users, can you dispute them with facts?

I want to believe that. I really do. But if you go to igors list & click on individuals from tsc, often they're from Ohio or Minnesota or washington. Which are actually CSC & they filled in their timeline wrong. Trust me, I hate waiting & want this process to go quickly. They changes the time they're working on to December 17th. They're admitting they're behind. I'm hoping that means they'll fix it...

I'm not trying to start an argument here. I'm not that type of person. I'm just stating what I've found & trust me, I look up all this stuff a lot...

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Timeline

I want to believe that. I really do. But if you go to igors list & click on individuals from tsc, often they're from Ohio or Minnesota or washington. Which are actually CSC & they filled in their timeline wrong. Trust me, I hate waiting & want this process to go quickly. They changes the time they're working on to December 17th. They're admitting they're behind. I'm hoping that means they'll fix it...

I'm not trying to start an argument here. I'm not that type of person. I'm just stating what I've found & trust me, I look up all this stuff a lot...

Even if that were true, the difference between the averages for CSC and TSC are not drastic enough to cause such a difference. Even if we assume a full 20% of people in TSC are actually CSC that still puts the averages in the 3-4 month range currently. I listed and sourced the actual averages, if you can list and source how it's drastically different I am more than willing to listen. The fact simply is they are "backed up", but that back up is taking them from 80 days to 110 days. That's a huge change ... but not 7-8 months, or even close.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Even if that were true, the difference between the averages for CSC and TSC are not drastic enough to cause such a difference. Even if we assume a full 20% of people in TSC are actually CSC that still puts the averages in the 3-4 month range currently. I listed and sourced the actual averages, if you can list and source how it's drastically different I am more than willing to listen. The fact simply is they are "backed up", but that back up is taking them from 80 days to 110 days. That's a huge change ... but not 7-8 months, or even close.

Honestly, I hope you're right. I'm too tired to go look through the list right now. I just know what I've seen in the threads & I used to check noa2 approvals often, but found that nearly all that have been approved are from CSC. Maybe the only people taking long are the complainers, I don't know. I just want to be approved by the end of September, so Matt can be here for my birthday in December & we can get married ASAP. I want it to be sooner though. As you can see I'm about 2.5 months in.

I have looked at data on the uscis dashboard & in April, they completed less than 1000 petitions whereas Cali completed nearly 3000...plus there's nearly 10,000 files waiting.

Edited by Julie+Matt

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Timeline

There is a list of all actual approved Visas from the past month, and you can look and see how long it took. Look at just TSC visas, and you will see the entire process usually takes about 6-7 months from start to finish.

You haven't been on the board long enough to know the facts. Petitions from the Philippines were being expedited even without requests up until around May due to the typhoon. That's when the consulate got overwhelmed and all the interview slots were booked up so there was no point in expediting them any longer. That's why you got processed so quickly. We still have November and December filers in TSC waiting. There is a 100 day difference from CSC to TSC. The main timeline page has the dates wrong, you have to go to the actual data to see what is going on. Even at dashboard.uscis.gov you can see the difference in processing volume.

Timeline

You haven't been on the board long enough to know the facts. Petitions from the Philippines were being expedited even without requests up until around May due to the typhoon. That's when the consulate got overwhelmed and all the interview slots were booked up so there was no point in expediting them any longer. That's why you got processed so quickly. We still have November and December filers in TSC waiting. There is a 100 day difference from CSC to TSC. The main timeline page has the dates wrong, you have to go to the actual data to see what is going on. Even at dashboard.uscis.gov you can see the difference in processing volume.

Does 83 days suddenly have a different meaning if I am on the board longer? Numbers are numbers. Philippine k-1's were only expedited upon request and you needed to meet certain criteria.

http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-reminds-filipino-nationals-impacted-typhoon-haiyan-available-immigration-relief-measures

We did not meet the criteria and we did not request it. Never once did I mention Philippines k-1, I gave FACTS on average times for ALL K-1 Visas. Can you disprove the FACTS I posted? Show me what the average wait time is and SOURCE it. If you can't do this then please don't speak.

Timeline

I posted a huge edit which I guess took too long.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/visa-approvals-last-month

I went down that list and picked the first 10 Visa approvals from last month, all of them from TSC, and none from the PI. All of them except 1 was 4 months or less for NOA2, and all but 1 was a FULL VISA in about 6 months. If you wish to dispute this please show me the facts, because the facts are I am right.

I posted a huge edit which I guess took too long.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/visa-approvals-last-month

I went down that list and picked the first 10 Visa approvals from last month, all of them from TSC, and none from the PI. All of them except 1 was 4 months or less for NOA2, and all but 1 was a FULL VISA in about 6 months. If you wish to dispute this please show me the facts, because the facts are I am right.

That list is Visa approvals, not NOA2 petition approvals. I am talking about this list. Yes, prior to February 2014 peition approvals were getting done in about 60 days, which means that October and some November filers and a few later ones are getting to their Visa interviews now which is why you are seeing numbers less than 6 months. Trust me, that's what I thought when I submitted my petition in February. If you look at the NOA1 dates for TSC for NOA2 approvals, you will see that they are taking much longer now. A simple look at the bar chart shows that January and later petitions are at less than 50% processed, which directly contradicts what you are trying to say. Go and read the November-December-January-February threads. If someone puts in a petition with TSC right now, they are probably facing 5 1/2 month processing times. There have been a few (VERY few) exceptions that have gotten processed quickly with no expedite, nobody knows why, but the majority from December and later are still waiting.

You also have to be careful when you look at the stats only in the list because some folks say that they started at TSC and transferred to CSC because they mistakenly think the Dallas lockbox means TSC. Registering the timeline like this throws off the calculations, and so the numbers are actually even slightly worse (though probably not statistically significant, it just gives people false hope when they see a fast TSC approval.)

I just do not want to mislead any new filers that processing at TSC is going quickly. There are not just "a few that are taking longer". Many people are working to try to see if there is some avenue to pursue to speed up the processing times, and I hope something changes soon. I am very happy that you got your approval so quickly after waiting so long -- I'd hate to think I had to go over a year, but if that's what happens, I guess I have to accept it.

Timeline

That list is Visa approvals, not NOA2 petition approvals. I am talking about this list. Yes, prior to February 2014 peition approvals were getting done in about 60 days, which means that October and some November filers and a few later ones are getting to their Visa interviews now which is why you are seeing numbers less than 6 months. Trust me, that's what I thought when I submitted my petition in February. If you look at the NOA1 dates for TSC for NOA2 approvals, you will see that they are taking much longer now. A simple look at the bar chart shows that January and later petitions are at less than 50% processed, which directly contradicts what you are trying to say. Go and read the November-December-January-February threads. If someone puts in a petition with TSC right now, they are probably facing 5 1/2 month processing times. There have been a few (VERY few) exceptions that have gotten processed quickly with no expedite, nobody knows why, but the majority from December and later are still waiting.

You also have to be careful when you look at the stats only in the list because some folks say that they started at TSC and transferred to CSC because they mistakenly think the Dallas lockbox means TSC. Registering the timeline like this throws off the calculations, and so the numbers are actually even slightly worse (though probably not statistically significant, it just gives people false hope when they see a fast TSC approval.)

I just do not want to mislead any new filers that processing at TSC is going quickly. There are not just "a few that are taking longer". Many people are working to try to see if there is some avenue to pursue to speed up the processing times, and I hope something changes soon. I am very happy that you got your approval so quickly after waiting so long -- I'd hate to think I had to go over a year, but if that's what happens, I guess I have to accept it.

So what is your logic behind this? People filing in January have visas, but people filing in december have no NOA2? That literally makes zero sense. I mean literally in the way it is supposed to be used. You are posting skewed information, I am posting unbiased information. I also did not include anyone starting in TSC and transferring to CSC, I only looked at people who stayed at TSC.

How can you get a Visa in 6 months if it takes 7-8 months to get a NOA2? By the way MOST of the people on the link you sent started the NOA1 in May and already have NOA2. Of those with longer waits i see 2 have RFE, and most of the rest do not even have an account I can click on. Your link does not show a 7-8 wait for NOA2 is the norm.

So please explain how the AVERAGE wait for a visa appears to be 6 months if the AVERAGE wait for a NOA2 is 7-8 months. Tell me exactly what process yields those results. It's 100% impossible, the NOA2 wait time by necessity must be less than the Visa wait time.

Edited by Emanettes

Timeline

Just to be clear I am not saying everyone will get their NOA2 in 3 months. I am saying 3-4 months is the norm, and most have it within 5.

I am not giving false hope, that would be wrong. It is equally wrong however telling people that 7-8 months is the norm. It's not. People saying that caused my Fiancee mental anguish. Her hope was stolen. No one can tell how long any one individual petition will take. All we can do is say what most take, and what other possibilities are.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.