Percival504

Sorry to annoy, but how long does it typically take from interview to visa?

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I know this isn't really my forum, but I stumbled upon this thread and was sucked in. I'm not part of the conversation, but I do have a question of sorts about the following statement.

"She wears Armani (and Prada and Dolce and Gabanna and Ann Taylor and whatever other kinds/brands women normally wear) dresses"

With the exception of Ann Taylor (bit of an odd one out), for whom is this the "norm"? Perhaps instead of "women" it should be "rich women." I'll also accept, "women who are loaded."

However, if this is the norm somewhere in America, let me know, because I will have my bags packed in a minute.

:)

Edited by Kinsey

Met online February 2006

Went to England on working visa June 2006

Sent off I-129F October 2006 <3 <3 <3

In England until visa expired December 2006

We leave England for a stateside Christmas December 17, 2006

Karl goes back to the UK January 7, 2007

I make a scene at the airport January 7, 2007

I head back to the UK to wait it out with him February 9, 2007

K-1 Journey

10-20-2006 Mailed I-129F

10-31-2006 NOA1

01-29-2007 NOA2 via e-mail!! Woo Hoo

01-30-2007 Touch

02-02-2007 NOA2 via snail mail

02-06-2007 NVC received case

02-07-2007 NVC fowarded case on to London

02-16-2007 Packet 3 received

02-19-2007 Packet 3 mailed out

02-21-2007 Packet 3 received at Embassy

03-01-2007 Packet 4 received

03-02-2007 Karl's medical

03-30-2007 Interview - Approved!!

05-01-2007 - Flying home to Chicago

My posts are purely opinion and should not be taken as legal advice... obviously :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I know this isn't really my forum, but I stumbled upon this thread and was sucked in. I'm not part of the conversation, but I do have a question of sorts about the following statement.

"She wears Armani (and Prada and Dolce and Gabanna and Ann Taylor and whatever other kinds/brands women normally wear) dresses"

With the exception of Ann Taylor (bit of an odd one out), for whom is this the "norm"? Perhaps instead of "women" it should be "rich women." I'll also accept, "women who are loaded."

However, if this is the norm somewhere in America, let me know, because I will have my bags packed in a minute.

This is the norm for some of the gorgeous women in Russia, especially the kind Percival504 is talking about. Women here will have no comprehension of what life is like for "priviledged" women in Russia and FSU countries. The oligarchy dumps millions and millions of dollars every year on "eye candy" which has created a special class of women. These internationally-savvy ladies have the expectation that they will be draped in designer fashions, and nothing else. (The nothing else part is really nice too!) But don't get it twisted (....this is where those bags get unpacked), they work their @$$es off to get what they want; most know several languages, are skilled in a high-tech or highly-educated trade, and have experience in more than a few countries, with more than a few organizations or "business" contacts.

This is truly a special breed of woman.

I won't elaborate on it further because if you know what I'm talking about then you'll just nod your head in agreement (and then smile because one of them is yours...) or you'll shake your head in disbelief at the whole system and ask why men, all men, are so stupid, while you envy what these women have, all the while claiming it's not what you really want.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Of course he is talking about a particularly "priviledged" woman. That was the joke. It's the "norm" for priviledged women, not just women.

As for these "priviledged women of Russia and FSU countries," if they really are working their a**es off, skilled in high-tech/highly-educated trades and multi-lingual, then I think it's fantastic. However, if that's true, there wouldn't be much need for men who lavish them with goods and money, as they could pamper themselves.

They are real, actual women right? When you say "created a special class of women" I can't help but think 'Stepford' or 'laboratory'. Apparently, these women are both highly intelligent and beautiful, and probably wouldn't want to be referred to as "created" when they "work their @$$es off".

I myself, am a pre-med student at the minute, and do not live this extravagant lifestyle. Although when I graduate, I will finally be able to afford these luxuries; but I won't have them, because as it turns out, there are more important things in life.

Met online February 2006

K-1 Journey

10-20-2006 Mailed I-129F

10-31-2006 NOA1

01-30-2007 Touch

My posts are purely opinion and should not be taken as legal advice... obviously :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

This is the norm for some of the gorgeous women in Russia, especially the kind Percival504 is talking about. Women here will have no comprehension of what life is like for "priviledged" women in Russia and FSU countries. The oligarchy dumps millions and millions of dollars every year on "eye candy" which has created a special class of women. These internationally-savvy ladies have the expectation that they will be draped in designer fashions, and nothing else. (The nothing else part is really nice too!) But don't get it twisted (....this is where those bags get unpacked), they work their @$$es off to get what they want; most know several languages, are skilled in a high-tech or highly-educated trade, and have experience in more than a few countries, with more than a few organizations or "business" contacts.

This is truly a special breed of woman.

I won't elaborate on it further because if you know what I'm talking about then you'll just nod your head in agreement (and then smile because one of them is yours...) or you'll shake your head in disbelief at the whole system and ask why men, all men, are so stupid, while you envy what these women have, all the while claiming it's not what you really want.

Slim,

Any women I met in Peter that had any kind of business there wanted to enjoy life and would NEVER think of moving from home and their business (there may be one's that would). The plutocrats that I didn't meet would never consider giving up their S600 and wrinkling their Armani suit in a SAAB with 3+ months of waiting for their AP to travel back to deal with there business.

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Timeline

Right. Women with business there wouldn't want to leave it behind.

Women who are used to travelling already for "their business" (and by that I mean with or for their men) will have no problem leaving Russia.

And Kinsey, the duality of your two posts exemplifies the nature as to why these women thrive. You want to pack your bags to go to wherever it is that they exist (in America) but then say there are more important things in life. I agree with you 100%.

I believe the two of you (Kinsey and John) are thinking of women who own a business or work in a high-level position or something like that and get the things they want for themselves, or are presented them by men that admire them. The kind of women that I'm describing may or may not do that, but they EXPECT to have it done for them regardless of whether they can do it themselves.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Just in case anybody cares or is waiting for their NOA2, 11/14/06 NOA1 approved 02/02/07!!! Thanks to all. Again, sorry I offended everyone; everyone in this forum seems really cool and I have no doubt that many of you are much, much better off than I am. I'm just a pompous ###. And if anyone want to continue to insult me, please feel free to do so -- just don't insult my fiancee please.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

You got it, John and Anna. Will keep you posted (and save the bragging for the bar). As of right now, our petition has been approved (11/14/06 NOA1 -- 02/01/06 NOA2) and I am just hoping that we won't have any problems -- I definitely don't want our file to end up in the trash can. And to everyone, can you just forgive my stupidity. I don't want to be a troll or pariah; this forum is just too valuable a resource and I'm sorry to have wasted so much bandwidth.

I am sorry that I offended so many, but most of the comments stink of envy.
Wow! You sound so sincere and contrite, and worth of admiration for your admissions - and then you blow it. What a cad.

Cheers!

AKDiver

and Brad, if I needed the help of a Senator, I would choose one of my friends who has been in office for more than one term.

:huh:

We forgive you - just stick to some questions... It is helpful to us all. How and what one does to move his case forward. I was blasted originally for adding a letter to my RFE. The poster slammed me that an Immigration Officer would spend an extra 2 minutes reading a letter and not spend those 2 minutes on someone else.

However if you have the ear of a senator let us know how it worked(s) out I am sure some of us may know a top aid for Ashcroft and Alito and it did them squat – political suicide today or a customer that went to school with the Ambassador to Russia – squat. Because some of us know already a senator can only do inquiries that may just cause your file to accidentally fall into a trash can. A newspaper would love to get a hold of somebody pulling strings today for an immigration matter. We all wish good luck on your journey. Tell us about it. Tell us about the 12 hour layovers and lost luggage your paper are not in order etc. We can do without “six-language speaking fiancée wears Prada dresses while driving her brand-new Saab, all the while rubbing elbows with Senators and Congressman.” Be real without the gold plating. Need to brag tell your friends at the bar.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
You got it, John and Anna. Will keep you posted (and save the bragging for the bar). As of right now, our petition has been approved (11/14/06 NOA1 -- 02/01/06 NOA2) and I am just hoping that we won't have any problems -- I definitely don't want our file to end up in the trash can. And to everyone, can you just forgive my stupidity. I don't want to be a troll or pariah; this forum is just too valuable a resource and I'm sorry to have wasted so much bandwidth.
I am sorry that I offended so many, but most of the comments stink of envy.
Wow! You sound so sincere and contrite, and worth of admiration for your admissions - and then you blow it. What a cad.

Cheers!

AKDiver

and Brad, if I needed the help of a Senator, I would choose one of my friends who has been in office for more than one term.

:huh:

We forgive you - just stick to some questions... It is helpful to us all. How and what one does to move his case forward. I was blasted originally for adding a letter to my RFE. The poster slammed me that an Immigration Officer would spend an extra 2 minutes reading a letter and not spend those 2 minutes on someone else.

However if you have the ear of a senator let us know how it worked(s) out I am sure some of us may know a top aid for Ashcroft and Alito and it did them squat – political suicide today or a customer that went to school with the Ambassador to Russia – squat. Because some of us know already a senator can only do inquiries that may just cause your file to accidentally fall into a trash can. A newspaper would love to get a hold of somebody pulling strings today for an immigration matter. We all wish good luck on your journey. Tell us about it. Tell us about the 12 hour layovers and lost luggage your paper are not in order etc. We can do without “six-language speaking fiancée wears Prada dresses while driving her brand-new Saab, all the while rubbing elbows with Senators and Congressman.” Be real without the gold plating. Need to brag tell your friends at the bar.

If you haven't already don't forget to get signed up on the website.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

What's really important is to keep your timeline updated...

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Timeline

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I was making a joke that it isn't really the "norm" anywhere. If there is a place that exists like this, where it is the "norm" to have money coming out of your a**, (Hollywood, perhaps) I would move there so that I could get some of that money to do useful things with. Pay for med school, donate to charities, etc., as opposed to drowning myself in highly over-priced, useless clothing and goods.

The women you're describing, whether they work or not, are still shallow. I dislike people who EXPECT things to be handed to them.

People who have money rarely understand the value of it. It's a shame, really.

Right. Women with business there wouldn't want to leave it behind.

Women who are used to travelling already for "their business" (and by that I mean with or for their men) will have no problem leaving Russia.

And Kinsey, the duality of your two posts exemplifies the nature as to why these women thrive. You want to pack your bags to go to wherever it is that they exist (in America) but then say there are more important things in life. I agree with you 100%.

I believe the two of you (Kinsey and John) are thinking of women who own a business or work in a high-level position or something like that and get the things they want for themselves, or are presented them by men that admire them. The kind of women that I'm describing may or may not do that, but they EXPECT to have it done for them regardless of whether they can do it themselves.

Edited by Kinsey

Met online February 2006

K-1 Journey

10-20-2006 Mailed I-129F

10-31-2006 NOA1

01-30-2007 Touch

Timeline

Chill out, man!

You're all good on here now, like I said before, you just jumped in kind of overzealously. We get it that you didn't mean to "brag" about anything. Now stop it with the apologies and get on with the Russia forum posts already! (Sorry posts are more than welcomed in the Off-Topic forum, where the trolls and pariahs that you speak of dwell. You're neither, we know that now.)

That said, I LOVE to brag about my girl! I fell lucky that we're togehter, and blessed to have her, but I also feel like the man when I'm out with her, or the guys from work see me with her, or whatever. I don't really say much, because once they see her, they do the talking! (Mostly questions... stuff like "how the hell did you get her? She must be a mail-order bride, right? You're loaded, aren't you? You've got a 12in....?") But as you know, with a Russian girl, there is no need to brag.... she speaks for herself! Just looking at her is boastful! Here on the Russia forum.... your bragging to the choir! We're all in the same boat! We're in the club!

Congrats on your NOA! You're on the way! Start assembling your financial support docs. Remember, you don't need too much. A lot of guys get into their real estate holdings, retirement, stock options, etc.; when in reality, all they really need to do is prove to the govt. that they make over 120% of the poverty guidelines, which if you ALREADY picked up her Saab, I'm sure they're not even going to take the time to compare the guidelines to your "proof of financial support." When you're a whole comma over from the dollar amount, you should be good.

Do the "financial support docs" soon. When I was going through the K-1 process, I didn't even know about them until it was almost too late. Check the guides section, or if you have any questions, get back on here. We'll set you straight. Just for FYI, the only thing I sent was the I-130, a letter from my employer, my previous year's W-2, and a notarized letter from the bank saying that I had an active account and the average balance was $316.24. Now, if I passed with that garbage... you know you should be good!

Good luck, keep us posted.

Русский форум член.

Timeline
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I was making a joke that it isn't really the "norm" anywhere. If there is a place that exists like this, where it is the "norm" to have money coming out of your a**, (Hollywood, perhaps) I would move there so that I could get some of that money to do useful things with. Pay for med school, donate to charities, etc., as opposed to drowning myself in highly over-priced, useless clothing and goods.

The women you're describing, whether they work or not, are still shallow. I dislike people who EXPECT things to be handed to them.

There is a place like this that exists, it's called Russia.

If you're an attractive enough woman, you can literally be drowning in highly over-priced, useless clothing and goods.

I agree, it is extremely shallow, but women have been doing this to one extent or another since the beginning of time. As long as there are beautiful women, there will be guys that are willing to give them anything (and everything) they can to gain their attention. It's a vicious cycle, but it's one that exists. I have yet to see it more vicious anywhere in the world than in Russia. (Maybe Hollywood, I don't know.)

Русский форум член.

Timeline

HaHa, no, that seems exist all over the place. Beautiful women will always have stuff thrown at them by men with money. The difference is whether they take it or not. :)

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

There is a place like this that exists, it's called Russia.

If you're an attractive enough woman, you can literally be drowning in highly over-priced, useless clothing and goods.

I agree, it is extremely shallow, but women have been doing this to one extent or another since the beginning of time. As long as there are beautiful women, there will be guys that are willing to give them anything (and everything) they can to gain their attention. It's a vicious cycle, but it's one that exists. I have yet to see it more vicious anywhere in the world than in Russia. (Maybe Hollywood, I don't know.)

Met online February 2006

K-1 Journey

10-20-2006 Mailed I-129F

10-31-2006 NOA1

01-30-2007 Touch

Timeline
Do the "financial support docs" soon. When I was going through the K-1 process, I didn't even know about them until it was almost too late.
You are preaching to the wrong guy. If he was to end up in the same kind of bind you had, he'd simply have a private courier delivery the documents in hand for a couple thousand dollars. It still puzzles me why a man of his financial status doesn't have an attorney do the K1 thing for him?

Timeline

It doesn't puzzle me at all.

THIS IS A VERY SIMPLE PROCESS!!!!

You just have to be informed of all required actions and paperwork. Once you've found VJ, (and especially our little gem of information, the Russia Forum) the rest of the process is a breeze! Common sense will tell you that if you have to fill out some papers and assemble a 20 page packet, and it doesn't seem that hard to you, why get a lawyer, or better yet, why PAY a lawyer to do it for you? And keep in mind, Percival504 is a lawyer already. Granted, he's not an immigration lawyer, but paperwork is paperwork once you have a clearly defined requirement.

Plus, your legal advice is free, Satellite! Thanks!!! Seriously, you're probably the most knowledgeable person I've encountered on VJ with regards to immigration laws. So why hire a lawyer, we have you!

Русский форум член.

Timeline
Common sense will tell you that if you have to fill out some papers and assemble a 20 page packet, and it doesn't seem that hard to you, why get a lawyer, or better yet, why PAY a lawyer to do it for you?
Thanks for compliments, but as I learned from some the wealthier folks on here, as well as yourself, you "pay" for some things because they are convenient. Remember, even you preferred to pay someone $20 rather than drag your own bags on a bus and metro through Moscow. Keep in mind, I did my own dragging and my wife helped too, but we saved $18. Same analogy applies to hiring a lawyer to do your K1, buying an airport transfer, and staying at a fancy hotel / apartment ordered from a website geared for American travelers with money to spend.

But I do agree with you, if you can read and write, and most importantly have the time, the majority of this immigration stuff can be done pro se. And if you have a public law library in your community, take a look at the immigration section, you'd be amazed at all the information in those books.

Plus, your legal advice is free, Satellite!
Let's still call it opinions :) Otherwise when I take the bar exam the state bar won't be too pleased with the whole unauthorized practice of law thing, which in my opinion hardly qualifies as to what we do here on VJ. Edited by Satellite

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.