7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm just wondering if there is someone on this group that was denied of a k1 visa although all the papers are complete? if so what's the reason of denial? I just wanted to see how many gets denied for k1? thank you in advance

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Basically...there are various reasons for denial...incomplete paperwork, making false statements, problems with the ability to financially support, suspicion of real intent (green card fraud)...to name just a few. From what I've seen and read, many failures are due to unpreparedness - not having everything once one gets to their interview.

I'm sure that there may be others who will respond.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing our Members to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry of case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unpreparedness for the interview is really out of control and inexcusable. You have months to prepare, you have this and many other places to go on the net for advice. So what goes? You want the visa or what?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Unpreparedness for the interview is really out of control and inexcusable. You have months to prepare, you have this and many other places to go on the net for advice. So what goes? You want the visa or what?

05/27/14 - Sent AOS package via USPS05/28/14 - Package received by USCIS06/02/14 - Text and Email NOA1s received06/06/14 - Hard copies of NOA1s received06/10/14 - Biometrics appointment received (for June 24th)06/24/14 - Biometrics completed08/06/14 - SMS/Email notifications of EAD/AP combo card in production08/11/14 - EAP/AP card received.<p>09/13/14 - "Notice of Potential Interview Waiver" received04/13/15 - AOS Approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I know right........

I met a lady who was asked to bring additional evidence as proof of relationship.....she never added call records, Skype chats, SMS, or any of the basic things to prove ongoing communication. The sad thing is, she didn't even know she could request call records, her excuse, "I never call my husband, he does, so how am I going to get call records"?

And sadly, we have people who don't know about VJ, and rather unfortunately refuse to discuss their immigration process with others........SAD.

05/27/14 - Sent AOS package via USPS05/28/14 - Package received by USCIS06/02/14 - Text and Email NOA1s received06/06/14 - Hard copies of NOA1s received06/10/14 - Biometrics appointment received (for June 24th)06/24/14 - Biometrics completed08/06/14 - SMS/Email notifications of EAD/AP combo card in production08/11/14 - EAP/AP card received.<p>09/13/14 - "Notice of Potential Interview Waiver" received04/13/15 - AOS Approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's rather insane that many do get to their interview unprepared...as you said, they literally have months to prepare. Makes you wonder what's really going on...what kind of communication exists between the couple, etc.

It's rather insane that many do get to their interview unprepared...as you said, they literally have months to prepare. Makes you wonder what's really going on...what kind of communication exists between the couple, etc.

Her question concerned possible reasons for denial after stating the they have their paperwork in order.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.