elij

received visa to find out were pcsing for 4 years!!! please help

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I received my visa may 1st and after a battle with the embassy my son received his u.s citizenship June 17th and we flew back to the u.s on June 19th. I have conditional residency so I'm not supposed to leave the u.s for more than 6 months which I wasn't planning on until my husband got pcsed to Germany for four years!!! And we leave in January. I am so confused on what to do about my residency, I don't want to lose it, anyone know what I'm supposed to do in this situation? How do I keep my residency? Van I apply for naturalization?

You can apply right now for naturalization as long as he has hard copy orders. If not, no worries, just be sure you are command sponsored on his orders. You will be considered living on US soil even though you are overseas when you accompany him. My wife was in a similar situation when we got stationed in Italy. Just be sure to update your address with the USCIS and apply for removal of conditions if you don't have time to do the naturalization process in the US before you leave. You can do the naturalization process overseas once you have been a green card holder for 3 years...or you can apply for naturalization while overseas and then travel back to the US for the rest of the process.

http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization/naturalization-spouses-us-citizens

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.