3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi everyone.I had my interview on the 6th July,2016 and i got approved :dancing: .

My 3 kids,my sister and i reached the American Embassy here in Guyana at around 6:30 am.Roughly around 7:15 to 7:30 we were asked to form a line and one by one everyone had to hand in interview letters.People with children went in first.My kids and i was the second persons to go in the embassy.My sister had to wait outside in a different line to go in.We went through the security check and then into the embassy and were placed to sit.We waited like around 15 to 20 mins for my name to be called.When we did get called we went into booth 2 and met with a woman probably in her mid forties.She asked who is sponsering me?i said my mom.What is your moms name?I told her my moms name.She then proceeded to ask for my documents.

-passports,pictures,birth certificates for my kids and photocopies,birth and marriage certificates and photocopies for my mom,police clearances and photocopies for myself and daughter (she is 16).She then asked my daughter and i if we intended to get married before we leave the country?We said no.She then said if we intended to marry then our visas will be cancelled.Then we had to sign a form my daughter and i that we cannot marry.We took finger prints and we were given back the documents my mom had sent to the NVC.We then had to go outside and wait again for the real interview.

We waited there for a long time for my name to be called !!!I was so nervous my son who is 10 yrs old was really tired and wanted to sleep....Eventually we did get called and we went into booth 11.There we me a really lovely young lady in her twenties....all this time i was so nervous and trying really hard to shake it off but couldn't !!!She just said the usual stuff..like how are we doing today?etc.....then the questions.

1/Who sponsered me?

2/how long has my mom been living in the US?

3/What year did she go there?

4/How many times did she come visit me?

5/Have i visited her?

6/Have i ever travelled before?

7/Have i ever worked in the US?

8/have i ever been married?

9/did i ever have any problems with the law?

I forgot before we started the interview the interviewer asked if we said any oath and we said no and then we proceed to repeat the oath after her.

After the questions and she was checking through her computer and telling us that all looks good and we were going to get good news.Then she said congratulations and have a safe flight.She then gave us two papers one is a pink with the website we had to register online to uplift our package and passports at DHL...the other paper is a white one with info on how to pay for green card etc.We have to register online to uplift package if we dont we cannot get to uplift it.It takes 7 days before we can uplift.

Hope this helps anyone who has received interview letter get a better idea at to what will take place.Every country is different and questions may be different as well but you get the idea.

Still waiting to uplift my packages and passports best of luck to everyone and thanks for all the support. (L)

Edited by lizzy2329

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone.I had my interview on the 6th July,2016 and i got approved :dancing: .

My 3 kids,my sister and i reached the American Embassy here in Guyana at around 6:30 am.Roughly around 7:15 to 7:30 we were asked to form a line and one by one everyone had to hand in interview letters.People with children went in first.My kids and i was the second persons to go in the embassy.My sister had to wait outside in a different line to go in.We went through the security check and then into the embassy and were placed to sit.We waited like around 15 to 20 mins for my name to be called.When we did get called we went into booth 2 and met with a woman probably in her mid forties.She asked who is sponsering me?i said my mom.What is your moms name?I told her my moms name.She then proceeded to ask for my documents.

-passports,pictures,birth certificates for my kids and photocopies,birth and marriage certificates and photocopies for my mom,police clearances and photocopies for myself and daughter (she is 16).She then asked my daughter and i if we intended to get married before we leave the country?We said no.She then said if we intended to marry then our visas will be cancelled.Then we had to sign a form my daughter and i that we cannot marry.We took finger prints and we were given back the documents my mom had sent to the NVC.We then had to go outside and wait again for the real interview.

We waited there for a long time for my name to be called !!!I was so nervous my son who is 10 yrs old was really tired and wanted to sleep....Eventually we did get called and we went into booth 11.There we me a really lovely young lady in her twenties....all this time i was so nervous and trying really hard to shake it off but couldn't !!!She just said the usual stuff..like how are we doing today?etc.....then the questions.

1/Who sponsered me?

2/how long has my mom been living in the US?

3/What year did she go there?

4/How many times did she come visit me?

5/Have i visited her?

6/Have i ever travelled before?

7/Have i ever worked in the US?

8/have i ever been married?

9/did i ever have any problems with the law?

I forgot before we started the interview the interviewer asked if we said any oath and we said no and then we proceed to repeat the oath after her.

After the questions and she was checking through her computer and telling us that all looks good and we were going to get good news.Then she said congratulations and have a safe flight.She then gave us two papers one is a pink with the website we had to register online to uplift our package and passports at DHL...the other paper is a white one with info on how to pay for green card etc.We have to register online to uplift package if we dont we cannot get to uplift it.It takes 7 days before we can uplift.

Hope this helps anyone who has received interview letter get a better idea at to what will take place.Every country is different and questions may be different as well but you get the idea.

Still waiting to uplift my packages and passports best of luck to everyone and thanks for all the support. (L)

Congratulations! Keep up posted when you have your passports in hand and safely reunited.

I'm happy for you.

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Timeline

Well, I finally sent the packet with supporting documents in.

I've been living and working in Mexico since May, patiently waiting until PD is current. And based on the current visa bulletin, they're at 08JAN2010! Anyone with 2010 PDs gotten interview dates yet or anything?

I'll keep checking, and keep posting.

Good luck guys!

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Timeline

Phoenyxx hola chica long time no speak hope ur ok. I am March 2010 just counting the days to see what the next visa bulletin will say

yea, I'm still in the fight, lol! Fingers crossed by end of next month you'll have your date in hand. Good going :)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Timeline

Interview was on the 06th July,2016.I got approved.Passport in hand as of yesterday 15th July,2016.

YAY!

You're in the home stretch :) #feelsgood

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Phoenyxx hola chica long time no speak hope ur ok. I am March 2010 just counting the days to see what the next visa bulletin will say

We are sailing in the same boat. My PD is also in March and waiting for Interview call! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.