3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

When I check the visa status (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx ) for the person I was helping with, whose Visa was already issued I see that ‘Status Updated Date:” has changed couple of times, since visa was issued. Has someone noticed this and is this normal?

Yes, it is normal.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everyone.

PD 26 Oct 2009.

GOT INTERVIEW FOR JULY.

This only means that the July 2016 visa bulletin will continue to move forward!

By the way one of my brothers, whose case was completed less than a month ago, received his interview letter. It'll be on July 7th.

His PD is Sept. 24, 2009 :)

Edited by Limenita22

Filed: Timeline

Friends,

I need help if someone can chime in. The person’s(mom) I am helping with F2B (for her son in India) got 221(g) and officer requested recent photos of mother and following:

- recent financial transactions under the petitioner's name

What does this entail?

Just to give little more background, the mother who is in US has $0.00 income, lives with another son who is US citizen. So they sent I-864(filed by mother) with $0.00 income and US Citizen son who has more than enough income filed I-864A with all of his tax returns. Mother did submit the letter indicating that I have no income, hence hasn’t filed any tax returns, but my son who lives in same household is making his income available to me and filing I-864A, as same household. NVC never sent any query regarding Affidavit of Support.

TIA

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

This only means that the July 2016 visa bulletin will continue to move forward!

By the way one of my brothers, whose case was completed less than a month ago, received his interview letter. It'll be on July 7th.

His PD is Sept. 24, 2009 :)

Its a good to know that it will move forward!!My interview will be on the 6 JULY at 8:30 am.

Hey!! :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Finally its good news friends!! Just saw online, my son's visa status shows "ISSUED". I had been tracking it since daybreak in India and at about 8.30 am India time, there was a change in the date from 27 July to 31 July and thats when they were updating his file I guess. At 12.45 pm the "Administrative Processing" changed to "Issued".

Hey Chubbs,

Hope you doing great and still checking this forum. The I-864A that you submitted, was it submitted to embassy or drop-box location in Mumbai? You mentioned that he was called in immediately and didn't had to wait to submit I-864A.

Also, did your husband mail or fax I-864A from USA?

TIA!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm on F2B priority date is 2013 and needs to apply for a B2 visa for an exam (USMLE step 2cs) that's being offered only in the US what are my chances of getting one? Anyone who has the same dilemma?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm on F2B priority date is 2013 and needs to apply for a B2 visa for an exam (USMLE step 2cs) that's being offered only in the US what are my chances of getting one? Anyone who has the same dilemma?

I had a B2 visa back in 2002; my passport was stolen in 2005 - when I went to get a new visa, I was informed that I was being petitioned for from a 1997 peition my aunt did for my father (I knew nothing about it at the time and I was denied).

I reapplied for my B2 in May 2010, I had gotten a new job the year before and the visa officer just asked me where would I stay, how long, and what I studied in school. I was granted the visa, and I've travelled almost every year since. My PD is Oct. 2010.

I say all this, lol!, if you can prove to the consular officer that you're only going for the programme and you intend to return home at the completion, you can go ahead and apply. Again, the B1/B2 is at the discretion of the consular officer. You may get it or not.

Good luck tho!

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Hi,

I also filed using the filing application date from october 2015-

I am Adjusting status currently living in the Us legally.

I had fingerprints within a month after filing and also had interview after interview recieved a denial based on no evidence . Did any one else ever recieve a denial based on no reason?

Any update on your case? What happened? Did they ever admit that it was an error and/or gave you actual reason?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.