3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear Anjum123,

Congratulations!!! This is so awesome!!! And thank you so much for your good wishes. That is so nice of you.

Have you and your son planned his departure date? How exciting! Congratulations, again. I'm very happy for you :)

If you have some time, could you please give us a list of the questions that they asked your son? Thanks in advance.

May your celebration continue!

Limenita22

Sorry 4 late reply Limenita. Basically am little bit busy for managing things before living my homeland.
Here is our story.
My Son appointment was scheduled at 7:00 am 2nd May 2016 at US Embassy Islamabad. But we reach embassy around 6:00 am. There were already so many people ahead of my son who are in queue for receiving token.It takes approximately 1.5 hours for getting token .
After so many security checking we reach embassy hall. Here approximately 20 counters in which 1 to 8 for non immigration and 9 to 20 for immigration . Here we wait approximately half an hour after that our token number call on counter 11. for finger print verification and token no verification after that they say to us to sit and wait for further processing.
After fifteen minutes they call our token number again on counter 9 and there was local person behind the window collect my son passport and medical and ask him some simple questions.
1:- are you married?
2:- who call u?
3:- after that he ask me how can you lives in Pakistan for more than one years?
and i show him my travel document.(I131)
after that he takes sign for my son on a piece of paper i think its a oath/ affidavit declaring that he still unmarried and told us to wait for next call .
After half an hour they call us on counter 15 Here American immigration officer in front of us
First of all they greeting to us after that He ask my son to raise your hand and take an oath.after taking an oath my son ask him if you don't mind could you please provide me the interpreter and he just say okay. Then he examines every documents in front of us that we send them from USCIS to NVC (e.g:- i130 approved,birth certificate,domicile,marriage certificates,death certificates,affidavits,school records,pictures,income tax returns,passport and so many other things )after that he ask my son following questions,
1:- who call u?
2:- Tell me marriage date of your step Mom with your father.
3:- At what date your biological mother has been died?
4:- Death cause of your biological mother?
5:- At what date your father has been died?
6:- what is your age when your mother has been died?
7:- what is your age when your father married with your step mom?
8:- Who is she that come with you?
after that officer ask me just two question
9:- Ma'am, How much time you are in Pakistan?
10:- Do you have any document to show me that how you can live more than one year in Pakistan?
and i show him my travel document.
after that he write something in computer. and say to me
Congratulation we have approved your Visa.
For leaving may be end of this month or first week of June we will schedule because there are so many things that could be manage before living and there is no family member left who could manage thing on behalf of us.
So That is our visa journey.
Good luck to Everyone and Thanks.

(F2B Case:-

USCIS Journey: California Service Center :- I-130 NOA1 : 2009-JUL-27 ==>I-130 NOA2 :2010-FEB-19

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # : 2010-MAR==> NVC Welcome Letter- 2015-JUL-30== >DS261 Form-Update Both Email I.D :- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Invoice Generated- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2015-Aug-3 ==>Aos Package Sent- 2015-SEP-05==>IV Invoice Generated-2015-SEP-22==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2015-SEP-22==>DS 260 Submitted- 2015-OCT-03==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2015-OCT-10

CASE COMPLETE - 21-Nov-2015

Medical - 22nd April 2016

Interview - 2nd May 2016 (Status:- Approved)

Visa In Hand - 5th May 2016

IR1 for Spouse

USCIS Journey: California Service Center:- I-130 NOA1: 2019-NOV-19

I-130 NOA2: 2021-Apr-12

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2021-Apr-15==>AOS Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2021-Apr-17 ==>AOS Package Submitted 2021-Jun-03==>IV Invoice Generated-2021-Apr-15==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2021-Apr-16==>DS 260 Submitted- 2021-05-05==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2021-05-08==> Resubmitted Joint Sponsor 2021-Aug-9

DQ:- 2-Nov-2021

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

Visa In Hand - 31 May 2023

IR2 for NB Baby

USCIS Journey: Nebraska Service Center Transfer (Potomac Service Center):- I-130 NOA1: 2022-Feb-01

I-130 NOA2:- 2022-Apr-22

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2022-Apr-28==>AOS Fee ==> Exempted - case linked to mother case==> IV Immigration fees “PAID”==> 2022-Apr-29==>Ds-260 Submitted- 2022-May-05==> Civil Documents Submitted - 2022-May-05

DQ:- 1-Aug-2022

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

N-400
Filed: 3/9/2021
NOA1: 3/9/2021
Biometric Appt /Reuse Notice: 8/31/2021

Interview:- 12/09/2021 (APPROVED)

Oath:- 1/7/2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations! I'm happy for you guys :)

Thanks Phoenyxx

I wish your all visa journey has been successfully accomplished.

(F2B Case:-

USCIS Journey: California Service Center :- I-130 NOA1 : 2009-JUL-27 ==>I-130 NOA2 :2010-FEB-19

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # : 2010-MAR==> NVC Welcome Letter- 2015-JUL-30== >DS261 Form-Update Both Email I.D :- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Invoice Generated- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2015-Aug-3 ==>Aos Package Sent- 2015-SEP-05==>IV Invoice Generated-2015-SEP-22==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2015-SEP-22==>DS 260 Submitted- 2015-OCT-03==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2015-OCT-10

CASE COMPLETE - 21-Nov-2015

Medical - 22nd April 2016

Interview - 2nd May 2016 (Status:- Approved)

Visa In Hand - 5th May 2016

IR1 for Spouse

USCIS Journey: California Service Center:- I-130 NOA1: 2019-NOV-19

I-130 NOA2: 2021-Apr-12

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2021-Apr-15==>AOS Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2021-Apr-17 ==>AOS Package Submitted 2021-Jun-03==>IV Invoice Generated-2021-Apr-15==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2021-Apr-16==>DS 260 Submitted- 2021-05-05==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2021-05-08==> Resubmitted Joint Sponsor 2021-Aug-9

DQ:- 2-Nov-2021

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

IR2 for NB Baby

USCIS Journey: Nebraska Service Center Transfer (Potomac Service Center):- I-130 NOA1: 2022-Feb-01

I-130 NOA2:- 2022-Apr-22

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2022-Apr-28==>AOS Fee ==> Exempted - case linked to mother case==> IV Immigration fees “PAID”==> 2022-Apr-29==>Ds-260 Submitted- 2022-May-05==> Civil Documents Submitted - 2022-May-05

DQ:- 1-Aug-2022

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

N-400
Filed: 3/9/2021
NOA1: 3/9/2021
Biometric Appt /Reuse Notice: 8/31/2021

Interview:- 12/09/2021 (APPROVED)

Oath:- 1/7/2022

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations to you and your son?

Can you or someone who already has been already issued F2B visa tell me what is the IV category printed on Visa foil. The person I was helping got approved as well and got his visa. His category is F2B. On Visa sticker IV category printed is F24.

Sorry 4 late reply Limenita. Basically am little bit busy for managing things before living my homeland.
Here is our story.
My Son appointment was scheduled at 7:00 am 2nd May 2016 at US Embassy Islamabad. But we reach embassy around 6:00 am. There were already so many people ahead of my son who are in queue for receiving token.It takes approximately 1.5 hours for getting token .
After so many security checking we reach embassy hall. Here approximately 20 counters in which 1 to 8 for non immigration and 9 to 20 for immigration . Here we wait approximately half an hour after that our token number call on counter 11. for finger print verification and token no verification after that they say to us to sit and wait for further processing.
After fifteen minutes they call our token number again on counter 9 and there was local person behind the window collect my son passport and medical and ask him some simple questions.
1:- are you married?
2:- who call u?
3:- after that he ask me how can you lives in Pakistan for more than one years?
and i show him my travel document.(I131)
after that he takes sign for my son on a piece of paper i think its a oath/ affidavit declaring that he still unmarried and told us to wait for next call .
After half an hour they call us on counter 15 Here American immigration officer in front of us
First of all they greeting to us after that He ask my son to raise your hand and take an oath.after taking an oath my son ask him if you don't mind could you please provide me the interpreter and he just say okay. Then he examines every documents in front of us that we send them from USCIS to NVC (e.g:- i130 approved,birth certificate,domicile,marriage certificates,death certificates,affidavits,school records,pictures,income tax returns,passport and so many other things )after that he ask my son following questions,
1:- who call u?
2:- Tell me marriage date of your step Mom with your father.
3:- At what date your biological mother has been died?
4:- Death cause of your biological mother?
5:- At what date your father has been died?
6:- what is your age when your mother has been died?
7:- what is your age when your father married with your step mom?
8:- Who is she that come with you?
after that officer ask me just two question
9:- Ma'am, How much time you are in Pakistan?
10:- Do you have any document to show me that how you can live more than one year in Pakistan?
and i show him my travel document.
after that he write something in computer. and say to me
Congratulation we have approved your Visa.
For leaving may be end of this month or first week of June we will schedule because there are so many things that could be manage before living and there is no family member left who could manage thing on behalf of us.
So That is our visa journey.
Good luck to Everyone and Thanks.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Congratulations to you and your son?

Can you or someone who already has been already issued F2B visa tell me what is the IV category printed on Visa foil. The person I was helping got approved as well and got his visa. His category is F2B. On Visa sticker IV category printed is F24.

See the following link to find the answer of your question:

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/125892951/green-card-category-codes

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Does any one know how long it takes the NVC to send u appointment letter after your priority date becomes current?My priority date is the 26th October,2009.

Another thing is that my mom petitioned for my sister,myself and children when she was a permanent resident.Now that she is a citizen she has in January petitioned for my brother.He is in the US with her.My mom took my brother to the US with her on a visitors visa in 1992 for heart surgery.Does anyone know how long that will take?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

yay,

just got an email from NVC ,they are sending case to related embassy, where they will schedule interview.

BTW, in email get checklist too, about missing W-2, but instucted dont send it to NVC, take it to embassy, at the time of interview.

just waiting on interview date in ABU DHABI.

Timeline

yay,

just got an email from NVC ,they are sending case to related embassy, where they will schedule interview.

BTW, in email get checklist too, about missing W-2, but instucted dont send it to NVC, take it to embassy, at the time of interview.

just waiting on interview date in ABU DHABI.

That's good news..congrats.

Did the NVC send you email before or after your priority date.?Just wanted to get a general idea as to when i should be looking out for something from them.My priority date is the 26th Oct,2009.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That's good news..congrats.

Did the NVC send you email before or after your priority date.?Just wanted to get a general idea as to when i should be looking out for something from them.My priority date is the 26th Oct,2009.

hi lizzy2329

my PD is august 27th 2009, which is already current

i sent my civil docs on april 5th, NVC recieved on april 8th,on may 9th they sent an email ,that they are sending case to embassy for interview scheduling.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all,

I am new here but following for a while please i need guidence for a very unique case.

I am on a F1 visa- i saw on the new visa bulletin in october 2015 filing application date made me eligible to apply. ( My priority date is aug03 2009.

I applied to adjust my status.

I have done all fingerprints, recently i was given an interview which i went and the immigration officer said my file was perfect no problems just wait for a decision letter.( i thought it was strange i would recieve an interview before my priority became current but since it will be current may 1st according to the visa bulletin i assumed it was nice). However within three days i was mailed a letter of denial! The letter had nothing but flaws and errors it was a template that read i could of been denied for any of the following reasons unlawful presence, unauthorized employment and not admissible to the US.basically the grounds for dismissal are all incorrect. The only issue i could fine is my priority date is not current. But that is not on my error i applied when i was eligible to but they gave me an appointment before my priority date.

I have contacted nvsc several occasions all of which said it sounds as if the letter has errors and the IM may have not been aware of the new filing law. They also advised i file i290b and make an infopass app.

The infopass app is in 2 weeks. We also spoke with a lawyer who stated i have no reason to worry and it is in error.

Did anyone else go through this problem or can advise me what to do incase the IO at the infopass wont reverse the denial.

My lawyer also advised against the i290b because it takes months to process and is an additional fee of $600+ , she also said i should refile i485 day after info pass worst case scenario.

I am going to be out of status soon please someone help

Any updates on your case?

Timeline

hi lizzy2329

my PD is august 27th 2009, which is already current

i sent my civil docs on april 5th, NVC recieved on april 8th,on may 9th they sent an email ,that they are sending case to embassy for interview scheduling.

Thaks for letting me know.

All the best to you.

I went for the infopass app and the officer said ita due to the priority date but then she checked the letter properly and saw it was incomplete and the grounds for denial were not clear, she also went to look for my case to figure out whats going on. After 20 mins she came back and said 'we dont have your file it has been sent away" so she cant tell me what notes or why i got that letter. She then told me to writr an inquiry and she will go to her supervisor and i should hear back from her supervisor by the end of the week.

So i got no answers , she clearly could see it was an error and she said to state the reasons in the paper she gave us. She also said i should file a motion and if i want to i can refile to keep me in authorized stay.

?F-1 Visa ??? Approved 2006 ✅

?Post Completion OPT ? Approved 2009 ✅

?I-130 ? [F2B] Approved August 2009 ✅

?Post Completion OPT? Approved 2015 ✅

?Applied for AOS October 2015?? [used Filing Application Date]

?Fingerprints November 2015☝??✅

?EAD ? Approved January 2016✅

?AOS Interview April 2016 ?✅

?AOS Denied ???? [Administrative Error]

?Filed a Service Motion to Reopen my case May 2016 ??✅

?Case Reopened June 2016?✅

?Adjustment of Status APPROVED! June 21 2016??? ????✅

?Greencard in hand June 29 2016 ??????✅

Any updates on your case?

I just posted my experience above from the infopass.

To summarize. They know its an error and i shouldnt of been denied but ill have to wait until i hear from a supervisor to correct the issue but in the mean time refile and file a motion.

?F-1 Visa ??? Approved 2006 ✅

?Post Completion OPT ? Approved 2009 ✅

?I-130 ? [F2B] Approved August 2009 ✅

?Post Completion OPT? Approved 2015 ✅

?Applied for AOS October 2015?? [used Filing Application Date]

?Fingerprints November 2015☝??✅

?EAD ? Approved January 2016✅

?AOS Interview April 2016 ?✅

?AOS Denied ???? [Administrative Error]

?Filed a Service Motion to Reopen my case May 2016 ??✅

?Case Reopened June 2016?✅

?Adjustment of Status APPROVED! June 21 2016??? ????✅

?Greencard in hand June 29 2016 ??????✅

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.