3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing: Finally visa has been approved for my Son. :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Interview was very straight forward just ask some simple questions and straight away approve the visa.

Thanks to Almighty Allah who help me a a lot in this journey. Its my wish to all VJ members who waiting for there cases that your all visa journey are successfully accomplished.

congratulations to you and your son!!

If they didn't file then you can't claim:). I have so many USC friends who didn't file for their relatives 10-15 years ago. They can't just walk to NVC now and request that let my relative come because we didn't file 10 years ago.

On a side note/good news, you can file for Adjustment of Status in US, if you're here legally and maintain legal status till your PD is current/your interview date with USCIS. Also, since USCIS changed the rules around processing to match the NVC process, you can file adjustment of status in US based on dates in 2nd table in visa bulletin(i.e. 15DEC10 for May 2016 visa bulletin). In other words, for example if your priority date is 14th December 2010 then you can file adjustment of status in US on or after May 1, 2016.

P.S.> I'm not an attorney. The analysis is just based on my knowledge on the subject, so I can be wrong !!!

Hi,

I also filed using the filing application date from october 2015-

I am Adjusting status currently living in the Us legally.

I had fingerprints within a month after filing and also had interview after interview recieved a denial based on no evidence . Did any one else ever recieve a denial based on no reason?

?F-1 Visa ??? Approved 2006 ✅

?Post Completion OPT ? Approved 2009 ✅

?I-130 ? [F2B] Approved August 2009 ✅

?Post Completion OPT? Approved 2015 ✅

?Applied for AOS October 2015?? [used Filing Application Date]

?Fingerprints November 2015☝??✅

?EAD ? Approved January 2016✅

?AOS Interview April 2016 ?✅

?AOS Denied ???? [Administrative Error]

?Filed a Service Motion to Reopen my case May 2016 ??✅

?Case Reopened June 2016?✅

?Adjustment of Status APPROVED! June 21 2016??? ????✅

?Greencard in hand June 29 2016 ??????✅

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi,

I also filed using the filing application date from october 2015-

I am Adjusting status currently living in the Us legally.

I had fingerprints within a month after filing and also had interview after interview recieved a denial based on no evidence . Did any one else ever recieve a denial based on no reason?

Would you please provide us the complete context of the letter you have received? When was your PD and when did you filled the form for AOS? What is the documents package you have sent to USCIS? Did you inform NVC regarding the AOS?

Would you please provide us the complete context of the letter you have received? When was your PD and when did you filled the form for AOS? What is the documents package you have sent to USCIS? Did you inform NVC regarding the AOS?

The letter said we are denying you because ;

vidence of record shows that, when you filed your application, you were present in the United States contrary to law because [ state reason, such as - your lawful nonimmigrant or parole status had already expired or you were present without admission or parole or you had engaged in unauthorized employment or etc.] you are not authorized to remain in the United States and should make arrangements to depart as soon as possible. ..."

Basically its a template and the reason is not stated. Also of the above reasons in the template none of those apply to me.

My PD is aug 03 2009, i applied using filing application date on October 20 2015. I am category F2B

Reciwved receipt Oct 28

Had fingerprints Nov 18

Recieved Interview letter march 23

Had interview april 19

Recieved lwtter of denial april 25.

The interview went well and the officer took my i -94 and said you will recieve a decision within 90 days.

I have made 2 service requests and case has stil not be assingned by officer .

I have an info pass app next week.

Basically i recieved letter of denial and there is no reason for denial stated.

My priorty date was not current but is current now as of May 1st.

Timeline

The letter said we are denying you because ;

vidence of record shows that, when you filed your application, you were present in the United States contrary to law because [ state reason, such as - your lawful nonimmigrant or parole status had already expired or you were present without admission or parole or you had engaged in unauthorized employment or etc.] you are not authorized to remain in the United States and should make arrangements to depart as soon as possible. ..."

Basically its a template and the reason is not stated. Also of the above reasons in the template none of those apply to me.

My PD is aug 03 2009, i applied using filing application date on October 20 2015. I am category F2B

Reciwved receipt Oct 28

Had fingerprints Nov 18

Recieved Interview letter march 23

Had interview april 19

Recieved lwtter of denial april 25.

The interview went well and the officer took my i -94 and said you will recieve a decision within 90 days.

I have made 2 service requests and case has stil not be assingned by officer .

I have an info pass app next week.

Basically i recieved letter of denial and there is no reason for denial stated.

My priorty date was not current but is current now as of May 1st.

Were you in US, when your petitioner filled your i1130? It shows that you were in US illegally at some point. If you have been living in US legally bring some documents like your F1 visa or so on to show you came to US with a valid and legal nonimmigrant visa. If you have already provided all the aforementioned information, you will be all set and schedule a meeting with infopass would be useful.

In the interview, is your petitioner (your mother or father) was there? What were the questions the officer asked you?

Please keep us updated regarding your case.

Were you in US, when your petitioner filled your i1130? It shows that you were in US illegally at some point. If you have been living in US legally bring some documents like your F1 visa or so on to show you came to US with a valid and legal nonimmigrant visa. If you have already provided all the aforementioned information, you will be all set and schedule a meeting with infopass would be useful.

In the interview, is your petitioner (your mother or father) was there? What were the questions the officer asked you?

Please keep us updated regarding your case.

I was here legally in the US when my I-130 was filed and approved which was approved within 2wks very fast.

Since then i have remained an F1 student and applied and approved post completion OPT.

I have always been a student and my AOS application was filed after 3yrs of being a student. I have never fallen out of status or worked withiut USCIS authorization and always worked within the timeframe of my EAD card.

I submitted all this evidence along with all NOA's sent to me since ive been here in the US.

So when i filed for i-485 with my parent i was legally here in F1 status and still legally here in F1 status.

Yes i did go to the interview with my petitoner and the officer just asked to confirm my name address, when i came last in the country , what status was i when i came, where do i live now, where did i live before and who with. And where do i work what do i do.

He then had questiosn for my peitioner on job information , asked about photographs submitted , lease etc. asked for another copy of I-130 because he couldnt find it so we resubmitted it to him in person. Asked to see birth certificate, ID and passport which was when he took my i-94 and then said do i have any wuestions? I said what is the next step and when do we recieve a result he said within 90days you will recieve a decision . I asked if he needed anything else from us he said no your paperwork is al fine, i see no errors no flaws or discripancys and then we left.

Also i forgot to mention i recieved welcome letter from NVC in july 2015 i called them and said i will be adjusting ny status within the US

Timeline

I was here legally in the US when my I-130 was filed and approved which was approved within 2wks very fast.

Since then i have remained an F1 student and applied and approved post completion OPT.

I have always been a student and my AOS application was filed after 3yrs of being a student. I have never fallen out of status or worked withiut USCIS authorization and always worked within the timeframe of my EAD card.

I submitted all this evidence along with all NOA's sent to me since ive been here in the US.

So when i filed for i-485 with my parent i was legally here in F1 status and still legally here in F1 status.

Yes i did go to the interview with my petitoner and the officer just asked to confirm my name address, when i came last in the country , what status was i when i came, where do i live now, where did i live before and who with. And where do i work what do i do.

He then had questiosn for my peitioner on job information , asked about photographs submitted , lease etc. asked for another copy of I-130 because he couldnt find it so we resubmitted it to him in person. Asked to see birth certificate, ID and passport which was when he took my i-94 and then said do i have any wuestions? I said what is the next step and when do we recieve a result he said within 90days you will recieve a decision . I asked if he needed anything else from us he said no your paperwork is al fine, i see no errors no flaws or discripancys and then we left.

Also i forgot to mention i recieved welcome letter from NVC in july 2015 i called them and said i will be adjusting ny status within the US

As far as I know you can fill the forms corresponding to the AOS when your PD becomes current in the Application Final Dates. I have seen some people that are applying for AOS once they PD comes current based on Dates for Filling FSV application. I think for your case this wouldn't be important but I am not quite sure about it. If I have to guess, the problem arises because of a mistake OR the problem is happening because of the transsion of your visa form F1 to OPT or whatever. Please keep us updated regarding this issue.

Filed: Timeline

So if my calculation is not wrong, you are on either F1 or OPT since last 10 years. I hope that everything gets resolved soon, but I wonder if you ever provided misinformation(about whether you're intending immigrant or not and/you have family in USA or not), when receiving F1 at consulate or while renewing your F1/OPT? Once again I'm not an attorney. It is very likely that officer may be new and/or not families with all these laws.

Edited by sap283

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing: Finally visa has been approved for my Son. :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Interview was very straight forward just ask some simple questions and straight away approve the visa.

Thanks to Almighty Allah who help me a a lot in this journey. Its my wish to all VJ members who waiting for there cases that your all visa journey are successfully accomplished.

Dear Anjum123,

Congratulations!!! This is so awesome!!! And thank you so much for your good wishes. That is so nice of you.

Have you and your son planned his departure date? How exciting! Congratulations, again. I'm very happy for you :)

If you have some time, could you please give us a list of the questions that they asked your son? Thanks in advance.

May your celebration continue!

Limenita22

Edited by Limenita22

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations! I'm happy for you guys :)

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

congratulations to you and your son!!

Thanks.

(F2B Case:-

USCIS Journey: California Service Center :- I-130 NOA1 : 2009-JUL-27 ==>I-130 NOA2 :2010-FEB-19

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # : 2010-MAR==> NVC Welcome Letter- 2015-JUL-30== >DS261 Form-Update Both Email I.D :- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Invoice Generated- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2015-Aug-3 ==>Aos Package Sent- 2015-SEP-05==>IV Invoice Generated-2015-SEP-22==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2015-SEP-22==>DS 260 Submitted- 2015-OCT-03==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2015-OCT-10

CASE COMPLETE - 21-Nov-2015

Medical - 22nd April 2016

Interview - 2nd May 2016 (Status:- Approved)

Visa In Hand - 5th May 2016

IR1 for Spouse

USCIS Journey: California Service Center:- I-130 NOA1: 2019-NOV-19

I-130 NOA2: 2021-Apr-12

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2021-Apr-15==>AOS Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2021-Apr-17 ==>AOS Package Submitted 2021-Jun-03==>IV Invoice Generated-2021-Apr-15==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2021-Apr-16==>DS 260 Submitted- 2021-05-05==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2021-05-08==> Resubmitted Joint Sponsor 2021-Aug-9

DQ:- 2-Nov-2021

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

Visa In Hand - 31 May 2023

IR2 for NB Baby

USCIS Journey: Nebraska Service Center Transfer (Potomac Service Center):- I-130 NOA1: 2022-Feb-01

I-130 NOA2:- 2022-Apr-22

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2022-Apr-28==>AOS Fee ==> Exempted - case linked to mother case==> IV Immigration fees “PAID”==> 2022-Apr-29==>Ds-260 Submitted- 2022-May-05==> Civil Documents Submitted - 2022-May-05

DQ:- 1-Aug-2022

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

Visa In Hand - 31 May 2023

N-400
Filed: 3/9/2021
NOA1: 3/9/2021
Biometric Appt /Reuse Notice: 8/31/2021

Interview:- 12/09/2021 (APPROVED)

Oath:- 1/7/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.