3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi, thanks for your respond. Actually after many endeavor to reach to any one at the USA ABUDHABI embassy, i found it out that i ahve to go there, so this friday am goanna ther to talk with officer, but the positive point is taht my Agent is also comming from USA to Emirates because of this. So i think it will be a good decision to have the most valuable and relaiable asnwers about my condition.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

You are referring to F2B category, right?

I've only read of one case where a F2B candidate was allowed to have his interview in the U.S.

As far as I know and for the most part, you will have your F2B interview in your home country or the country where you legally reside (outside the U.S).

Right, I am referring to F2B. It means you have seen lots of F2B categories were living in the USA but they had to leave USA for their interview or you mean you just have one case in your mind that he/she lived in the USA and had the interview in the USA?

I am wondering once my PD becomes current should I leave US or I would be able to do the procedure here in the USA. It should be noted that I am living in the USA legally.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Right, I am referring to F2B. It means you have seen lots of F2B categories were living in the USA but they had to leave USA for their interview or you mean you just have one case in your mind that he/she lived in the USA and had the interview in the USA?

I am wondering once my PD becomes current should I leave US or I would be able to do the procedure here in the USA. It should be noted that I am living in the USA legally.

you can get Adjustment of Status,once PD becomes current, if you were entered USA legally.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

He was a F2B beneficiary and he was physically present in the U.S when the time came for him to be interviewed. After he posted his interview experience on the Univision immigration forum, I asked him how it was possible for him to have had his interview in the U.S. I told him that every F2B candidate must have their interview in their home country or the country where they legally reside.

He replied saying that it was possible for him because he had a certain visa status in the U.S. (which I don't remember now). I don't remember if he held an immigrant or a non-immigrant visa category at the time of his interview.

I would happily look that conversation up for you, but the Univisiom immigration forum is closed down.

I hope you can find your answer. The NVC might be able to shed some light.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi, thanks for your respond. Actually after many endeavor to reach to any one at the USA ABUDHABI embassy, i found it out that i ahve to go there, so this friday am goanna ther to talk with officer, but the positive point is taht my Agent is also comming from USA to Emirates because of this. So i think it will be a good decision to have the most valuable and relaiable asnwers about my condition.

Best of luck!!! Ask them all questions and concerns you have so you can give them whatever proof they need and you can soon get your visa. Let us know how it went :)

Timeline

He was a F2B beneficiary and he was physically present in the U.S when the time came for him to be interviewed. After he posted his interview experience on the Univision immigration forum, I asked him how it was possible for him to have had his interview in the U.S. I told him that every F2B candidate must have their interview in their home country or the country where they legally reside.

He replied saying that it was possible for him because he had a certain visa status in the U.S. (which I don't remember now). I don't remember if he held an immigrant or a non-immigrant visa category at the time of his interview.

I would happily look that conversation up for you, but the Univisiom immigration forum is closed down.

I hope you can find your answer. The NVC might be able to shed some light.

you can get Adjustment of Status,once PD becomes current, if you were entered USA legally.

Thank you so much for your consideration. I have one more question: My parents got their green card in 2011 but they have applied for me in late 2012, so my PD is sometime late in 2012, is there any way to change the PD to sometimes earlier in 2011? In other words, can we claim since they got their green card in 2011 and they could be able to apply for their children at that time, change the PD to sometime in 2011?

Filed: Timeline

Thank you so much for your consideration. I have one more question: My parents got their green card in 2011 but they have applied for me in late 2012, so my PD is sometime late in 2012, is there any way to change the PD to sometimes earlier in 2011? In other words, can we claim since they got their green card in 2011 and they could be able to apply for their children at that time, change the PD to sometime in 2011?

If they didn't file then you can't claim:). I have so many USC friends who didn't file for their relatives 10-15 years ago. They can't just walk to NVC now and request that let my relative come because we didn't file 10 years ago.

On a side note/good news, you can file for Adjustment of Status in US, if you're here legally and maintain legal status till your PD is current/your interview date with USCIS. Also, since USCIS changed the rules around processing to match the NVC process, you can file adjustment of status in US based on dates in 2nd table in visa bulletin(i.e. 15DEC10 for May 2016 visa bulletin). In other words, for example if your priority date is 14th December 2010 then you can file adjustment of status in US on or after May 1, 2016.

P.S.> I'm not an attorney. The analysis is just based on my knowledge on the subject, so I can be wrong !!!

Timeline

If they didn't file then you can't claim:). I have so many USC friends who didn't file for their relatives 10-15 years ago. They can't just walk to NVC now and request that let my relative come because we didn't file 10 years ago.

On a side note/good news, you can file for Adjustment of Status in US, if you're here legally and maintain legal status till your PD is current/your interview date with USCIS. Also, since USCIS changed the rules around processing to match the NVC process, you can file adjustment of status in US based on dates in 2nd table in visa bulletin(i.e. 15DEC10 for May 2016 visa bulletin). In other words, for example if your priority date is 14th December 2010 then you can file adjustment of status in US on or after May 1, 2016.

P.S.> I'm not an attorney. The analysis is just based on my knowledge on the subject, so I can be wrong !!!

I really appreciate your kind consideration. There were really useful information for me. I will have some research on this issue and let you know if it turns to something new.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.