3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sap283,

Anjum123's priority date is July 27, 2009 (F2B category) and received interview letter in the month of March.

Nam Bâo An's priority date is August 12, 2009 (F2B category) and received interview letter in the month of March. (See picture attached)

Alshah's priority date is June 24, 2009 (F2B category) and received interview letter in the month of March.

The person you are helping has a priority date of June 27, 2009 (F2B category) and received interview letter a few days ago.

The NVC sent interview letters to these 4 people at least one month before the new visa bulletin would show that their priority date is current.

That's just awesome because, from this, we can assume that the F2B visa category on the May 2016 visa bulletin will move to August 15, 2009, at least.

Lizzy2329, from this, you can assume (as a general rule) that the NVC will send you your interview letter about one month before your priority date shows as current on the new visa bulletin. I hope it makes a little more sense now.

Limenita22

PS: I'm no lawyer either. I make assumptions based on the very limited knowledge acquired over the past years.

Very Nice Analyzing.... :wow:

(F2B Case:-

USCIS Journey: California Service Center :- I-130 NOA1 : 2009-JUL-27 ==>I-130 NOA2 :2010-FEB-19

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # : 2010-MAR==> NVC Welcome Letter- 2015-JUL-30== >DS261 Form-Update Both Email I.D :- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Invoice Generated- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2015-Aug-3 ==>Aos Package Sent- 2015-SEP-05==>IV Invoice Generated-2015-SEP-22==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2015-SEP-22==>DS 260 Submitted- 2015-OCT-03==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2015-OCT-10

CASE COMPLETE - 21-Nov-2015

Medical - 22nd April 2016

Interview - 2nd May 2016 (Status:- Approved)

Visa In Hand - 5th May 2016

IR1 for Spouse

USCIS Journey: California Service Center:- I-130 NOA1: 2019-NOV-19

I-130 NOA2: 2021-Apr-12

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2021-Apr-15==>AOS Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2021-Apr-17 ==>AOS Package Submitted 2021-Jun-03==>IV Invoice Generated-2021-Apr-15==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2021-Apr-16==>DS 260 Submitted- 2021-05-05==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2021-05-08==> Resubmitted Joint Sponsor 2021-Aug-9

DQ:- 2-Nov-2021

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

Visa In Hand - 31 May 2023

IR2 for NB Baby

USCIS Journey: Nebraska Service Center Transfer (Potomac Service Center):- I-130 NOA1: 2022-Feb-01

I-130 NOA2:- 2022-Apr-22

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2022-Apr-28==>AOS Fee ==> Exempted - case linked to mother case==> IV Immigration fees “PAID”==> 2022-Apr-29==>Ds-260 Submitted- 2022-May-05==> Civil Documents Submitted - 2022-May-05

DQ:- 1-Aug-2022

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

Visa In Hand - 31 May 2023

N-400
Filed: 3/9/2021
NOA1: 3/9/2021
Biometric Appt /Reuse Notice: 8/31/2021

Interview:- 12/09/2021 (APPROVED)

Oath:- 1/7/2022

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

If visa bulletin will increasing as in the same pace as in April than you will surely receive your interview letter in the month of June or end of may.

I am eagerly awaiting the next visa bulletin to see if it indeed is going to move by 2 mths. Then I am going to start getting my documents in order...I don't like to do things last minute.

Just Hope for the best and keeps praying.

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

Send request to the USCIS of Detroit,MI , they have responded to me, they gave us Opt-Out approval letter.

This is good news!

I am still waiting for response from USCIS Moscow:(

What is the exact address of the USCIS of Detroit, MI that you used for sending the request? did you use mail or email?

Also how you located/selected this office ( USCIS of Detroit, MI) ? is this location where your beneficiary resides ?

Update on my side: I was calling NVC every day past week trying to confirm they received Opt-out request. Opt Out Mail delivered to NVC on March 24 th.

They were saying no mail received. I sent certified mail and was asking them to search by confirmation number.

Today something changed - I was able to see my daughter's application again via CEAC - the DS-260 for my daughter case is now Visible and visa category states F2B.

I assume NVC received our letter and restated category to F2b so it is now again current.

I have not received any letter from NVC on this change just noticed that i can see application online again.

Did NVC changed your application category back to F2B?

Filed: Other Country: Iran
Timeline

This is good news!

What is the exact address of the USCIS of Detroit, MI that you used for sending the request? did you use mail or email?

Also how you located/selected this office ( USCIS of Detroit, MI) ? is this location where your beneficiary resides ?

Update on my side: I was calling NVC every day past week trying to confirm they received Opt-out request. Opt Out Mail delivered to NVC on March 24 th.

They were saying no mail received. I sent certified mail and was asking them to search by confirmation number.

Today something changed - I was able to see my daughter's application again via CEAC - the DS-260 for my daughter case is now Visible and visa category states F2B.

I assume NVC received our letter and restated category to F2b so it is now again current.

I have not received any letter from NVC on this change just noticed that i can see application online again.

At the beginning of case processing we noticed NVC by mail, we sent naturalization of my Mom as petitioner plus change name certificate, to them in company with a request to keep us in F2B category, they canged my mom's name in the system and kept us in F2B without changing the category in online system, later after case completion they sent us a letter, inform us that the auto conversion will happen and they said to keep our category we have to contact DHS(Department of Homeland Security) , we got an appointment and went to USCIS immigration office in Detroit,MI where my mom is living there, gave the request and got the approval letter through mail.

why you send letter to Moscow, your case is still at NVC and not yet send to embassy.

At the beginning of case processing we noticed NVC by mail, we sent naturalization of my Mom as petitioner plus change name certificate, to them in company with a request to keep us in F2B category, they canged my mom's name in the system and kept us in F2B without changing the category in online system, later after case completion they sent us a letter, inform us that the auto conversion will happen and they said to keep our category we have to contact DHS(Department of Homeland Security) , we got an appointment and went to USCIS immigration office in Detroit,MI where my mom is living there, gave the request and got the approval letter through mail.

why you send letter to Moscow, your case is still at NVC and not yet send to embassy.

So Detroit, MI office is the office where your mom - the petitioner leave?

I was thinking to send to Moscow because it is the USCIS office that has jurisdiction over Ukraine. My daughter is in Ukraine.

In the CSPA document it states that approval request need to go to office having jurisdiction over the Beneficiary residence - see below.

“ (3) CSPA Section 6 Opting-Out Provisions. Beneficiaries of 2nd preference I-130 petitions that were automatically converted to family first preference upon the petitioning parent’s naturalization may exercise the “opt-out” provision of section 6 even if the petition in question was originally filed in the F2A category but has now converted to F2B. Aliens seeking to utilize this opt-out provision should file a request in writing with the District Office having
 jurisdiction over the beneficiary’s residence. “

are you also leave in MI or only your Mom?

Timeline

So Detroit, MI office is the office where your mom - the petitioner leave?

I was thinking to send to Moscow because it is the USCIS office that has jurisdiction over Ukraine. My daughter is in Ukraine.

In the CSPA document it states that approval request need to go to office having jurisdiction over the Beneficiary residence - see below.

“ (3) CSPA Section 6 Opting-Out Provisions. Beneficiaries of 2nd preference I-130 petitions that were automatically converted to family first preference upon the petitioning parent’s naturalization may exercise the “opt-out” provision of section 6 even if the petition in question was originally filed in the F2A category but has now converted to F2B. Aliens seeking to utilize this opt-out provision should file a request in writing with the District Office having
 jurisdiction over the beneficiary’s residence. “

are you also leave in MI or only your Mom?

Anyhow we got it, they will take care of our request, maybe they send letter to Moscow through USCIS Detroit; because my case has been completed on January 2016, my PD is May, 2010 , near your date, plus my embassy will be in Armenia, because Iran doesn't have any US embassy, furthermore, Moscow is controlling Armenia , anyhow whenever you got approval , inform me, we can compare our letters, signature or stamp ,etc.

Timeline

Hi,there,

My interview was held in January 7th, yhe officer told me i have to show more evidence about my petitioner's Domiciling. But they didn't mentioned any specific date . I wanba know what should i bring for them, how can i prove , how much time do i have. Please help me if you can.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is good news!

I just called NVC, need to submit opt-out letter since my father naturalized last week. They said it'll take at least 45 days for emails to be processed, ugh, but its best I do it soon because F1 is almost a year behind F2b, and there's a good chance the bulletin dates improve vastly.

Would emailing be better than sending letter via certified mail?

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

I just called NVC, need to submit opt-out letter since my father naturalized last week. They said it'll take at least 45 days for emails to be processed, ugh, but its best I do it soon because F1 is almost a year behind F2b, and there's a good chance the bulletin dates improve vastly.

Would emailing be better than sending letter via certified mail?

Send certified mail. Emails are not efficient, I have not received any response to the requests sent through email.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi,

I have a general question: I am living in US right now. I was wondering should I leave US for my visa interview? Is there any place in US that I would be able to go there for the interview?

Thanks.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi,there,

My interview was held in January 7th, yhe officer told me i have to show more evidence about my petitioner's Domiciling. But they didn't mentioned any specific date . I wanba know what should i bring for them, how can i prove , how much time do i have. Please help me if you can.

It's been 3 months already. If you really have no clue of what to take, how to prove or how much time you have, you should reach out to them and ask them all these questions. I assume the officer would have given you some guidelines of what proof to present when he was telling you that you needed more evidence.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi,

I have a general question: I am living in US right now. I was wondering should I leave US for my visa interview? Is there any place in US that I would be able to go there for the interview?

Thanks.

You are referring to F2B category, right?

I've only read of one case where a F2B candidate was allowed to have his interview in the U.S.

As far as I know and for the most part, you will have your F2B interview in your home country or the country where you legally reside (outside the U.S).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.