3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Alshah,

I'm sure you'll receive the interview letter either the end of this month or the very beginning of April. I mean, you have to... We all hope so!

Would you be so kind as to let us know when you receive it?

I don't know how to fill out my timeline but for anyone who wants to know: My brothers are in F2B category, priority date September 24, 2009. Case not completed yet. My older brother still needs to fill out his DS-260 and submit it and I still need to send up-to-date versions of their affidavit of support forms and all supporting documentation once again. I'm waiting for the sponsor (my dad) and joint sponsor to file their 2015 taxes before I re-submit everything to the NVC.

Limenita,

Submit your brother documents urgently as it takes approximately 1 month for reviewing your documents to case completion. As it seems to be that your brother priority date going to be current in next month.

(F2B Case:-

USCIS Journey: California Service Center :- I-130 NOA1 : 2009-JUL-27 ==>I-130 NOA2 :2010-FEB-19

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # : 2010-MAR==> NVC Welcome Letter- 2015-JUL-30== >DS261 Form-Update Both Email I.D :- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Invoice Generated- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2015-Aug-3 ==>Aos Package Sent- 2015-SEP-05==>IV Invoice Generated-2015-SEP-22==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2015-SEP-22==>DS 260 Submitted- 2015-OCT-03==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2015-OCT-10

CASE COMPLETE - 21-Nov-2015

Medical - 22nd April 2016

Interview - 2nd May 2016 (Status:- Approved)

Visa In Hand - 5th May 2016

IR1 for Spouse

USCIS Journey: California Service Center:- I-130 NOA1: 2019-NOV-19

I-130 NOA2: 2021-Apr-12

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2021-Apr-15==>AOS Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2021-Apr-17 ==>AOS Package Submitted 2021-Jun-03==>IV Invoice Generated-2021-Apr-15==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2021-Apr-16==>DS 260 Submitted- 2021-05-05==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2021-05-08==> Resubmitted Joint Sponsor 2021-Aug-9

DQ:- 2-Nov-2021

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

Visa In Hand - 31 May 2023

IR2 for NB Baby

USCIS Journey: Nebraska Service Center Transfer (Potomac Service Center):- I-130 NOA1: 2022-Feb-01

I-130 NOA2:- 2022-Apr-22

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2022-Apr-28==>AOS Fee ==> Exempted - case linked to mother case==> IV Immigration fees “PAID”==> 2022-Apr-29==>Ds-260 Submitted- 2022-May-05==> Civil Documents Submitted - 2022-May-05

DQ:- 1-Aug-2022

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

Visa In Hand - 31 May 2023

N-400
Filed: 3/9/2021
NOA1: 3/9/2021
Biometric Appt /Reuse Notice: 8/31/2021

Interview:- 12/09/2021 (APPROVED)

Oath:- 1/7/2022

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Thank You So much Limenita.

Yes you are absolutely right my son priority date is "27th July 2009"

Priority date is 27th July,2009 and got interview date in May?How is that possible?!!Nevertheless that's good news.

My priority date is 26th Oct,2009.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Priority date is 27th July,2009 and got interview date in May?How is that possible?!!Nevertheless that's good news.

My priority date is 26th Oct,2009.

Dear Lizzy2329,

It is, in fact, possible. As you may know, interview letters are almost always received about a month before the next visa bulletin shows that your priority date is current.

With that being said, do you all know what it means for the rest of us that someone with a priority date of July 27th, 2009 in the F2B category received their interview letter for an interview in May of this year?

If you don't, I'll be more than happy to explain.

Otherwise, enjoy the fact that the visa bulletin keeps moving forward for us, F2Bs.

Regards,

Limenita22

Timeline

Checked my email and did receive the interview letter for May 2nd :)

Alshah,

That's wonderful news! I'm very happy for you. Congratulations from Arizona, USA!!!

What made you think you had to wait until the end of April or beginning of May to receive your letter? I thought that was crazy, haha. Nonethless, congratulations again! Your journey is coming to an end. Enjoy these last steps :) and good luck!

Limenita22

PS: Thank you very much for letting us know that you received your interview letter!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Alshah,

That's wonderful news! I'm very happy for you. Congratulations from Arizona, USA!!!

What made you think you had to wait until the end of April or beginning of May to receive your letter? I thought that was crazy, haha. Nonethless, congratulations again! Your journey is coming to an end. Enjoy these last steps :) and good luck!

Limenita22

PS: Thank you very much for letting us know that you received your interview letter!

I don't know why for some reason i kept thinking that we will get the letter in may! it has been a long process and can't wait for it to be done!

Thank you so much for the well wishes! Much appreciated

Timeline

My Priority Date is "27th July 2009"

Category "F2B"

It seems to be that next visa bulletin will moves 2 months a head in F2B CATEGORY because some of my fellows whose priority date is August 2009 also got interview letters.

Dear Anjum123,

Do you know your friends' exact priority dates in August 2009? I'm referring to the ones that have received their interview letters for May.

If so, please, please, please, let us know.

Thank you,

Limenita22

Timeline

Limenita,

Submit your brother documents urgently as it takes approximately 1 month for reviewing your documents to case completion. As it seems to be that your brother priority date going to be current in next month.

You know what? You are right.

I was going to wait until the sponsor and joint sponsor filed their 2015 taxes, but I won't. I'm going to start working on the AOS packages now. Yeah, that's what I'll do :)

Timeline

Dear Lizzy2329,

It is, in fact, possible. As you may know, interview letters are almost always received about a month before the next visa bulletin shows that your priority date is current.

With that being said, do you all know what it means for the rest of us that someone with a priority date of July 27th, 2009 in the F2B category received their interview letter for an interview in May of this year?

If you don't, I'll be more than happy to explain.

Otherwise, enjoy the fact that the visa bulletin keeps moving forward for us, F2Bs.

Regards,

Limenita22

I really dont know.I feel very optimistic though hopefully i will get interview letter before my priority date which is 26 Oct,2009

Timeline

Does anyone know if your joint sponsor decides to withdraw from your case what happens?A friend of mine has this problem and everything about there case was completed and they are only waiting on interview letter.

Timeline

I really dont know.I feel very optimistic though hopefully i will get interview letter before my priority date which is 26 Oct,2009

Well, think about it. If your case has been completed for a while and let's say your priority date is going to be current on the July 2016 visa bulletin, wouldn't it make sense for the NVC to send you your interview letter in the month of June to let you know that your interview is in July?

If that doesn't make sense, then just go back 30 pages or so on this forum in order to realize that interview letters almost always come one month before the visa bulletin shows that your priority date is current.

Or you can just take my word for it.

Either way, I wish you good luck and a speedy process :)

Limenita22

Timeline

Does anyone know if your joint sponsor decides to withdraw from your case what happens?A friend of mine has this problem and everything about there case was completed and they are only waiting on interview letter.

I'm sure that after the NVC received notification that the joint sponsor has withdrawn from the case (if that's possible), I assume they would have e-mailed the sponsor some sort of instructions telling him or her how to proceed next.

Or are you saying that the joint sponsor has verbally stated he or she would like to withdraw but hasn't really taken any action?

Timeline

Well, think about it. If your case has been completed for a while and let's say your priority date is going to be current on the July 2016 visa bulletin, wouldn't it make sense for the NVC to send you your interview letter in the month of June to let you know that your interview is in July?

If that doesn't make sense, then just go back 30 pages or so on this forum in order to realize that interview letters almost always come one month before the visa bulletin shows that your priority date is current.

Or you can just take my word for it.

Either way, I wish you good luck and a speedy process :)

Limenita22

CORRECTION: I meant to write "wouldn't it make sense for the NVC to send you your interview letter at the end of May or the very beginning of June to let you know that your interview is in July?

If it doesn't make sense, simply go back 30 pages on this forum and start reading posts about when people received their interview letters and make note of their priority date in order to realize that..."

I'm writing from my phone so the edit button doesn't want to work.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone know if your joint sponsor decides to withdraw from your case what happens?A friend of mine has this problem and everything about there case was completed and they are only waiting on interview letter

I expect that the petitioner is this case is primary sponsor and is ready to sponsor the applicant . Right?

if the joint sponsor (required only if the petitioners income is less) withdraws , logically it shouldnt be a problem , but your friend needs to find another co-sponsor ASAP . and he/she can take the AoS (I 864) at the time of interview and explain the situation upon asked . As long as the new joint sponsor meets the requirements , it is fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.