3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I really don't know why F2B date of filing chart is moving very slow.  it's usually a year or more apart from the final action date chart but this time around they are both in same year with 8months separating them. And it can be frustrating for some of us with PD in early 2015..

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
1 hour ago, dannyrocks said:

I really don't know why F2B date of filing chart is moving very slow.  it's usually a year or more apart from the final action date chart but this time around they are both in same year with 8months separating them. And it can be frustrating for some of us with PD in early 2015..

Due to overvetting and other policy changes, the petition approval times have skyrocketed. Usually petitions have always been approved 2-3 yrs before PD became current which gave enough time to go through NVC processing and having interview scheduled before PD becoming current so that a person would receive their grant around the week when PD becomes current. Several family member of mine who immigrated in 2016 had their interview and everything completed before PD became current and when PD became current, they received an email asking to pick up their passport. 

Now USCIS petition approval is at 4-5 yrs at California Service centre and if you are misfortunate enough to be at Vermont Service Centre then your petition will be approved in between 6.33 to 8.25 yrs which is way past the PD of F2B. It was quite shocking to see how things have changed in 2.5 years since late December 2016. 

It is also one of the reason why PD is moving so fast because not enough visas are being issued with such a huge backlog and slow processing of applicants that USCIS is not quite meeting the visa number (226,000 per year). This is also why F2A has gone from 2 years of waiting to current in a month cos of lack of grant. So, in a way it is both good and bad. 

I just hope PD remains at where it is or go less and not go back to 7 years in few years time when my PD becomes current. Only issue is my petition approval time has skyrocketed to 5 yrs now and not sure if I will have enough time to get NVC done and then hopefully not have to wait 7-8 months for interview. 

Edited by zaback21

Timeline
5 minutes ago, zaback21 said:

Due to overvetting and other policy changes, the petition approval times have skyrocketed. Usually petitions have always been approved 2-3 yrs before PD became current which gave enough time to go through NVC processing and having interview scheduled before PD becoming current so that a person would receive their grant around the week when PD becomes current. Several family member of mine who immigrated in 2016 had their interview and everything completed before PD became current and when PD became current, they received an email asking to pick up their passport. 

Now USCIS petition approval is at 4-5 yrs at California Service centre and if you are misfortunate enough to be at Vermont Service Centre then your petition will be approved in between 6.33 to 8.25 yrs which is way past the PD of F2B. It was quite shocking to see how things have changed in 2.5 years since late December 2016. 

It is also one of the reason why PD is moving so fast because not enough visas are being issued with such a huge backlog and slow processing of applicants that USCIS is not quite meeting the visa number (226,000 per year). This is also why F2A has gone from 2 years of waiting to current in a month cos of lack of grant. So, in a way it is both good and bad. 

I just hope PD remains at where it is or go less and not go back to 7 years in few years time when my PD becomes current. Only issue is my petition approval time has skyrocketed to 5 yrs now and not sure if I will have enough time to get NVC done and then hopefully not have to wait 7-8 months for interview. 

my PD is March 2015 and petition was approved July 2015. The date of filing chart needs to take leap forward before I can receive welcome letter. And if the final action chart keeps it's current pace hopefully, my case will be due for interview in 5 months time..  Now the issue is the date of filing chart so I can begin processing 

19 minutes ago, zaback21 said:

petition approval not moving at all, current avg. approval of CA 25 Jul, 14, Fastest Approved Case 03 Oct, 15 (those who are lucky like dannyrocks, dont know how they get faster approval)

Chart B already outpaced petition approval time, within 6 months Chart A would do the same. Current backlog wont change unless theres major changed

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
14 minutes ago, dannyrocks said:

my PD is March 2015 and petition was approved July 2015. The date of filing chart needs to take leap forward before I can receive welcome letter. And if the final action chart keeps it's current pace hopefully, my case will be due for interview in 5 months time..  Now the issue is the date of filing chart so I can begin processing 

Well as I mentioned previously, you are one of the luckiest person to even get your F2B petition approved in 4 months considering even Immediate Relatives (IR) petition takes 8-9 months to get approved now. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, zaback21 said:

Well as I mentioned previously, you are one of the luckiest person to even get your F2B petition approved in 4 months considering even Immediate Relatives (IR) petition takes 8-9 months to get approved now. 

it's all God's Grace 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, xavier2014 said:

petition approval not moving at all, current avg. approval of CA 25 Jul, 14, Fastest Approved Case 03 Oct, 15 (those who are lucky like dannyrocks, dont know how they get faster approval)

Chart B already outpaced petition approval time, within 6 months Chart A would do the same. Current backlog wont change unless theres major changed

Let's see what happens in September's visa bulletin 

Timeline
1 hour ago, stuckinf2b said:

Is there anyone with PD close to April 2015 that have their petition approved from Vermont?

PD march 2015 approved but not from Vermont 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Rizwan ullah said:

I’m also waiting for September VB

dear Danny rocks

im guessing 1st chart move for 4 months

We still need the 2nd chart to move forward too.. Hopefully it will!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.