3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My mom is green card holder and is still there, she got her social security number. But we ahd nothing to transfer to united state we just sold some furnitures and had no any ownership in iran.she is in united state rightnow and wont come back in Iran since we have nothing and no any family's are living here.

So just prepare anything which shows that your mom is living in US now. Credit card or bank statement would be enough for that. Just send the embassy your mom's recent bank statement. Any utilities would be also useful (electricity or ... bills) in your mom's name is on it.

Timeline

My mom is green card holder and is still there, she got her social security number. But we ahd nothing to transfer to united state we just sold some furnitures and had no any ownership in iran.she is in united state rightnow and wont come back in Iran since we have nothing and no any family's are living here.

it is interesting because your mom is living there but the office asked you to show the documentation. However, it is totally fine and you can easily prepare the documents. After preparing the documents (which is really easy), send an email to the Dubai embassy and attach the documents. Then you should address your case number (if you already had the interview) and ask them if the prepared/attached documents would be enough. I know you should pay to go Dubai and have the interview so if I were you I would make sure I have all documents in my hand before heading to Dubai!

Good Luck!

Timeline

Hi folks,

One of my friend just received his welcome letter from NVC. He is living in US right now and he wants to do AOS. Now he is wondering when he can actually do the AOS because in the letter they have mentioned that he should pay the fee. But as I recall, one who is doing the AOS is not supposed to pay the fees because he is not supposed to do what actions declared by NVA.

Filed: Other Country: Iran
Timeline

Call me at 09163086612 09167291060

same boat

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MY Priority date is Jan 2011, now visa bulletin for August 2016, F2B is moving to Feb 2011.

I would like to know when will i receive the welcome letter.

If any one has experienced in F2B processing kindly pls answer.

Thx

Are you in the US adjusting status?

I think you should be looking at Table 1, FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES

Current date is 01FEB2010

I'm 21Oct2010, received Welcome package and submitted all info. Just waiting on case complete and interview letter.

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Are you in the US adjusting status?

I think you should be looking at Table 1, FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES

Current date is 01FEB2010

I'm 21Oct2010, received Welcome package and submitted all info. Just waiting on case complete and interview letter.

I check every month. You are in 21 Oct 2010 and got the welcome package it means that i have to wait 3 or 4 months to receive the welcome package.

However many thanks for your info.

Timeline

I check every month. You are in 21 Oct 2010 and got the welcome package it means that i have to wait 3 or 4 months to receive the welcome package.

However many thanks for your info.

I got my package back in early February.

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Timeline

Did they send with mail or email because my father filled my forms. So they will send to his mailing address right?

They sent via email and like a week later the package came by mail.

You can call in and request your email be added to the application, that way you'll get them first via email and then via snail mail.

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

MY Priority date is Jan 2011, now visa bulletin for August 2016, F2B is moving to Feb 2011.

I would like to know when will i receive the welcome letter.

If any one has experienced in F2B processing kindly pls answer.

Thx

People with Pd jan 2011 have already received Welcome letter .You should email NVC and ask them

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just to update you guys, I've just received email from NVC. It looks like, it's case completed email. Happy with the current progress. My PD is March 14, 2010.

16­AUG­16
Dear Sir/Madam,
The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa
case. The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a
consular officer will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application.
NVC schedules appointments one month in advance. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General
tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments in a first­in, first-
out manner. Most appointments are set within 60 days of NVC receipt of all requested
documentation. However, we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available.
When we are able to schedule an appointment, we will notify the applicant, petitioner and attorney
(if applicable). The applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassy’s interview
requirements online at http://nvc.state.gov/interview. Thank you for your patience.
The embassy may require additional documents at the interview. In particular, if the following
three items are all true, the applicant must bring a new police certificate to the visa interview:
He or she is more than 16 years old;
one year ago; and
He or she still lives in the country that issued the certificate.
The applicant should not make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until
the embassy has issued a visa.
Sincerely,
Director
National Visa Center

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just to update you guys, I've just received email from NVC. It looks like, it's case completed email. Happy with the current progress. My PD is March 14, 2010.

16­AUG­16
Dear Sir/Madam,
The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa
case. The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a
NVC schedules appointments one month in advance. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General
tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments in a first­in, first-
out manner. Most appointments are set within 60 days of NVC receipt of all requested
documentation. However, we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available.
When we are able to schedule an appointment, we will notify the applicant, petitioner and attorney
(if applicable). The applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassy’s interview
requirements online at http://nvc.state.gov/interview. Thank you for your patience.
The embassy may require additional documents at the interview. In particular, if the following
three items are all true, the applicant must bring a new police certificate to the visa interview:
one year ago; and
The applicant should not make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until
Sincerely,
Director
National Visa Center

My PD is Feb 2010, My case completed 28th july, still waiting for interview letter. I hope i will get it with in 2 weeks. Coz they take 60 days to schedule visa after case completion

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My PD is Feb 2010, My case completed 28th july, still waiting for interview letter. I hope i will get it with in 2 weeks. Coz they take 60 days to schedule visa after case completion

What is your exact PD?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

16­AUG­16
Dear Sir/Madam,
one year ago; and
Sincerely,
Director
National Visa Center

How many days did you wait from the time you submitted your AOS, financial evidence and civil documents up to yesterday when you received email that your case is completed review? In my case, my AOS, financial evidence and civil documents were received by NVC on July 15, 2016. To this date I have not received any email from the NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.