3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am filing out DS 260 and IV APPLICATION

The visa applicant is an unmarried women with 3 children under 18.

Can I add her to the IV APPLICATION and when do I pay for the children since they aren't on the visa.

Do I need all same documents for them that the mother is required to send?

Please help me

Thank you

Xavier

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi,

I have a question regarding F2B petition. My father who got his F4 petition approved (through my aunt who is an US Citizen and applied for him 13 years ago) is immigrating to US this September as Permanent Resident. My mom and my sister (whose CSPA age is under 21) is accompanying him this September too. I couldn't join them since my CSPA age is over 21.

Can my mother who will become PR this September (through accompanying my dad) petition for me once she gets her Green Card ? Or does this have to be only my dad since my aunt filed petition for him ?

Thanks in advance !

Edited by zaback21

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Can I add her to the IV APPLICATION and when do I pay for the children since they aren't on the visa.

Please help me

Thank you

Xavier

Hi,

Each applicant will need to pay the DS-260 fee and file a separate DS-260.

Did the petitioner or beneficiary ever update the case to add the 3 children? If no, then that needs to be done first.

Best of luck.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

I have a question regarding F2B petition. My father who got his F4 petition approved (through my aunt who is an US Citizen and applied for him 13 years ago) is immigrating to US this September as Permanent Resident. My mom and my sister (whose CSPA age is under 21) is accompanying him this September too. I couldn't join them since my CSPA age is over 21.

Can my mother who will become PR this September (through accompanying my dad) petition for me once she gets her Green Card ? Or does this have to be only my dad since my aunt filed petition for him ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi,

Both parents should file separately for you. It will take about 7 years for an LPR parent to petition for you. If a petitioner dies, the petition for you dies. Both parents filing is like having an insurance plan in case one parent dies. (I've seen this happen.)

Best of luck.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi,

Both parents should file separately for you. It will take about 7 years for an LPR parent to petition for you. If a petitioner dies, the petition for you dies. Both parents filing is like having an insurance plan in case one parent dies. (I've seen this happen.)

Best of luck.

Thanks so much !

Another question regarding I-130 form question 14b.

14b. Did you gain permanent resident status through marriage to a US citizen or lawful permanent resident ?

My mom is an accompany of my dad's F4 petition. So, in a way my mom was able to come to US through her marriage to my dad. But she didn't got her LPR through petition by my dad. (Please read the above post for more info.)

So, I am a little confused whether the answer is yes or no.

Thanks !

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys, I've received email from AskNVC@state.gov, and they have sent two emails, one email is for PTRP FOR NEOPOST DS-1200 and second is P3U AGENT FOR WWRO. In both email there is one attachment which is asking me to follow below steps, WHICH I ALREADY HAVE COMPLETED. I've called them before 10 days and they have confirmed that your case is completed and now you need to wait for Visa numbers to be available.

I called them toady before few minutes and they said, you case is completed and you can ignore this email. And I was like *****

Step 3: Submit visa application form

Step 4: Collect financial documents
Step 5: Collect supporting documents
Step 6: Submit documents to the NVC

Filed: Timeline

Thanks so much !

Another question regarding I-130 form question 14b.

14b. Did you gain permanent resident status through marriage to a US citizen or lawful permanent resident ?

My mom is an accompany of my dad's F4 petition. So, in a way my mom was able to come to US through her marriage to my dad. But she didn't got her LPR through petition by my dad. (Please read the above post for more info.)

So, I am a little confused whether the answer is yes or no.

Thanks !

Though I'm not an attorney, answer should be no.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Please help me

Thank you

Xavier

As long as you are still in the F category ( your sponsor is a green card holder) you can add your child, the best thing to do is to contact NVC and let them know that you want to add your children, you can either call them or contact them through email at "Ask NVC"

I- 130 .... sent USCIS August 4, 2010 - Approved at NVC Jan 2011 received approval letter with case number and Id number

Welcome Letter..... Received Feb 23, 2016

Selected agent...Feb 25, 2016

Paid AOS and Visa Application fees.......Feb 26, 2016 

Submitted supporting doc......Mar 20, 2016 ( would have done sooner but had to wait on petitioners tax docs)

Case completed.....April 22, 2016 Received case complete letter April 27,2016

Received Interview Letter... Feb 3, 2017

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

Visa Issued....Mar 21, 2017

POE.............June 4, 2017

SSN............June 12,2017

Green Card: August 2017

Petition for hubby: Oct 2017

i-130....... Approved.Aug 9 2019

NVC ......Wecome letter Nov 4 2019

Submitted all docs and paid fees- Nov 29th 2019

Filed: IR-5 Country: Myanmar
Timeline

MY Priority date is Jan 2011, now visa bulletin for August 2016, F2B is moving to Feb 2011.

I would like to know when will i receive the welcome letter.

If any one has experienced in F2B processing kindly pls answer.

Thx

Filed: Other Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi there, i was at embassy in Abu Dhabi, in January.

I have been told that i have to submitted and prepared enough Petitiononer domicilin documents then comeback.

I wanna know what should i give them, my mother is 65 years old, has no ability to speak in english, can not work, so what i have are insurance, bank accounts and credit cards, celphone bill, fix tel line bill, house rent contract, Dr's check up and medications documents.

All of them are notarized.

What should i give them more?, please let me know. Is that correct that they will send my to AP process for unknown amont of time to check background?

Edited by AmirabbasSedghiza

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I have been told that i have to submitted and prepared enough Petitiononer domicilin documents then comeback.

I wanna know what should i give them, my mother is 65 years old, has no ability to speak in english, can not work, so what i have are insurance, bank accounts and credit cards, celphone bill, fix tel line bill, house rent contract, Dr's check up and medications documents.

What should i give them more?, please let me know. Is that correct that they will send my to AP process for unknown amont of time to check background?

The U.S. Domicile Requirement for Petitioners Living Outside the U.S.

A petitioner living outside the United States and who has not maintained any ties with the United States, and who wishes to qualify as a sponsor must demonstrate that:

1. He or she has taken steps to establish a domicile in the United States;

2. He or she has either already taken up physical residence in the United States or will do so currently with the applicant;

3. The sponsor does not have to precede the applicant to the United States but, if he or she does not do so, he or she must at least arrive in the United States concurrently with the applicant;

4. The sponsor must establish an address (a house, an apartment, or arrangements for accommodations with family or friend) and either must have already taken up physical residence in the United States; or

5. Must at a minimum to state that he or she intends to take up residence there no later than the time of the applicant’s immigration to the United States.

Although there is no time frame for the petitioner to establish residence, the sponsor/petitioner must in fact, have taken up principal residence in the United States. Evidence that the sponsor has established a domicile in the United States and is either physically residing there or intends to do so before or concurrently with the applicant may include the following:

1. Opening a bank account;

2. Transferring funds to the United States;

3. Making investments in the United States;

4. Seeking employment in the United States;

5. Registering children in U.S. schools;

6. Applying for a Social Security number; and

7. Voting in local, State, or Federal elections.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Is your mom a US citizen? If no, would you please tell us is she is living in US or not?

Filed: Other Country: Iran
Timeline

My mom is green card holder and is still there, she got her social security number. But we ahd nothing to transfer to united state we just sold some furnitures and had no any ownership in iran.she is in united state rightnow and wont come back in Iran since we have nothing and no any family's are living here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.