3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thats long time .

you should keep calling embassy.

They also sent me mail twice.

In first they said your documents are incomplete.

Second was after just 1 or 2 mints that your case completed and we are sending to schedule interview.

I think they over look things that is why it happens.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Hello,
So I have a question about the F2B processing. My sister (unmarried over 21 years old) was sponsored by my/her father, who is a permanant resident. The case was given priority date of Feb 2011 and I130 was approved October, 2013.
In relation to the visa bulletin, the current FILING priority date is Dec 15, 2010 and has been for multiple months now... I am hoping it eventually moves up by a couple of months next time it shifts, we will see.
Once the priority date becomes current, we will be waiting until the NVC contacts her to mail in the I-485 forms and necessary documents. However, my sister has recently given birth to a child (November, 2015).
I did some research and it appears that a form (DS-261/260 I think?) can be filled out for the baby and sent to the NVC. My question is, will this form be sent in once the priority date becomes current and the NVC contact for the I-485 and other documentation or does it need to be sent in prior to this?
Would appreciate any insight folks may have. :)
Thanks.

If she wants to apply for the Adjustment of Status, she should inform NVC regarding this issue once the welcoming letter gets in. Once this is done, NVC will send her docs to USCIS for further considerations. Note that she is not supposed to pay the fees required by NVC and she should pay the fees required by USCIS instead.

One issue confused me here. Her i-130 was approved in 2013 but the PD is in 2011? How is it possible? Have you asked NVC to change the PD?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

If she wants to apply for the Adjustment of Status, she should inform NVC regarding this issue once the welcoming letter gets in. Once this is done, NVC will send her docs to USCIS for further considerations. Note that she is not supposed to pay the fees required by NVC and she should pay the fees required by USCIS instead.

One issue confused me here. Her i-130 was approved in 2013 but the PD is in 2011? How is it possible? Have you asked NVC to change the PD?

Her priority date was from when they acknowledged the original paperwork unless I'm missing something....?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Her priority date was from when they acknowledged the original paperwork unless I'm missing something....?

You can confirm the PD from form I-797C, notice of Action. You should receive this form from USCIS once your application had approved. I was confused because usually the PD would be the

day the petitioner which is in you case your father, filled the i130 form. You mentioned that the i130 got approved in 2013 correct?

Edited by frzd123

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The I-130 form was filed in November 2010, but wasn't acknowledged until Feb 2011. The I-130 was approved in October, 2013. At which point we started monitoring the visa bulletin.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Sorry 4 late reply Limenita. Basically am little bit busy for managing things before living my homeland.

Here is our story.

My Son appointment was scheduled at 7:00 am 2nd May 2016 at US Embassy Islamabad. But we reach embassy around 6:00 am. There were already so many people ahead of my son who are in queue for receiving token.It takes approximately 1.5 hours for getting token .

After so many security checking we reach embassy hall. Here approximately 20 counters in which 1 to 8 for non immigration and 9 to 20 for immigration . Here we wait approximately half an hour after that our token number call on counter 11. for finger print verification and token no verification after that they say to us to sit and wait for further processing.

After fifteen minutes they call our token number again on counter 9 and there was local person behind the window collect my son passport and medical and ask him some simple questions.

1:- are you married?

2:- who call u?

3:- after that he ask me how can you lives in Pakistan for more than one years?

and i show him my travel document.(I131)

after that he takes sign for my son on a piece of paper i think its a oath/ affidavit declaring that he still unmarried and told us to wait for next call .

After half an hour they call us on counter 15 Here American immigration officer in front of us

First of all they greeting to us after that He ask my son to raise your hand and take an oath.after taking an oath my son ask him if you don't mind could you please provide me the interpreter and he just say okay. Then he examines every documents in front of us that we send them from USCIS to NVC (e.g:- i130 approved,birth certificate,domicile,marriage certificates,death certificates,affidavits,school records,pictures,income tax returns,passport and so many other things )after that he ask my son following questions,

1:- who call u?

2:- Tell me marriage date of your step Mom with your father.

3:- At what date your biological mother has been died?

4:- Death cause of your biological mother?

5:- At what date your father has been died?

6:- what is your age when your mother has been died?

7:- what is your age when your father married with your step mom?

8:- Who is she that come with you?

after that officer ask me just two question

9:- Ma'am, How much time you are in Pakistan?

10:- Do you have any document to show me that how you can live more than one year in Pakistan?

and i show him my travel document.

after that he write something in computer. and say to me

Congratulation we have approved your Visa.

For leaving may be end of this month or first week of June we will schedule because there are so many things that could be manage before living and there is no family member left who could manage thing on behalf of us.

So That is our visa journey.

Good luck to Everyone and Thanks.

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write the details of your son's interview!!!!

Best wishes,

Limenita22

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

If there is anyone here who has appointment for Sept 2009 to Oct 2009 for F2B category please update.

Thanks.

For Lizzy2329 or anyone who would like to know:

My two brothers are in F2B category with a priority date of September 24, 2009.

The younger brother got his case completed two weeks ago but has not been scheduled for an interview yet. We've already called the NVC twice and they've confirmed that there's no appointment scheduled yet.

We are aware that people in the Spanish-speaking immigration forums with priority dates of September 27, 2009 and October 9, 2009 have already received their appointment letters to be interviewd in June of this year.

The fact that my brother didn't have his case completed until recently is one of the reasons he hasn't received his appointment letter.

The good thing is that he's cool about it :)

Limenita22

Timeline

They also sent me mail twice.

In first they said your documents are incomplete.

Second was after just 1 or 2 mints that your case completed and we are sending to schedule interview.

I think they over look things that is why it happens.

hi,

Abid 2222

are you done with your interview?

Timeline

hi,

Abid 2222

are you done with your interview?

Not done yet. My PD is 15Feb2010. However they sent me letter after completion of case that My category changed to F1 due to my father is now citizen. and in reply I send them opt out letter on 15th april. Did not receive any confirmation yet. But I hope all is fine.

Timeline

Not done yet. My PD is 15Feb2010. However they sent me letter after completion of case that My category changed to F1 due to my father is now citizen. and in reply I send them opt out letter on 15th april. Did not receive any confirmation yet. But I hope all is fine.

thanks for the reply

Filed: Other Country: Iran
Timeline

Has anyone who has priority date for Oct 2009 got appointment letters yet??

Man

As i've talked to the NVC operator, she said to me , they are still working on priority dates belong to the September .

I don't have any idea why they release the cut off dates wrong in visa bulletin tables.

Best Regards, Man

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Man

As i've talked to the NVC operator, she said to me , they are still working on priority dates belong to the September .

I don't have any idea why they release the cut off dates wrong in visa bulletin tables.

Best Regards, Man

Thanks for letting me know.

Timeline

Thanks for letting me know.

ours is Aug 27, 2009.haven`t gooten interview letter yet from Abu Dhabi embassy, but Abu Dhabi is one of the busiest embassy, ours might take longer than others

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.